Major rant for achetype cosmetics. Warning do not order from them ever

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sure archetype has really gorgeous eyeshadows but you have no idea what lousy and shitty customer service I experienced.

I placed my order last oct 19th. YES I know!!!! The thing is archetype has a long turn around time, like about 2 months. I was prepared to wait but when the end of the year came and my order still wasnt shipped out, I decided I didnt want to wait anymore. It's getting ridiculous. So I just asked for a refund. I mean that's fine right? Since they havent shipped it out.

Guess what? Few days later, they replied and said Oh we cant refund you because it was already shipped out. This is in the first week of Jan 2009. I was like what? Why are you telling me it was shipped out only when I asked for a refund. Isnt it fishy?

Anyway until now I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING. I doubt they even shipped it out at all and they only said to just so they wouldnt refund me. So I told them I have not received anything and I would like a refund. They did not reply my emails until many days later and still said that it was sent out. BUT WHEN? OMG I had to ask them when it was shipped out. They couldnt even tell me the specific date!

Im guessing that they did not ship it out at all 2 weeks ago when they CLAIMED they would and they pretending to 'reship' it just so they wouldnt refund me.

Anyway I am really VERY angry and appalled at their lousy CS. They're just so dishonest. Guys, please do not order from them EVER.
pedro.gif

This is why I try not to buy from small mmu companies. I mean there are some who are great but others just lack business skills. I wouldnt want to wait 2 months for mmu.

That is some of the worst customer service I have ever heard of. I am glad for the warning about this company. As, I definitely will never be ordering from them for sure!

goddess, I ordered on October 16th and have exactly the same story - except I have not tried for refund yet.

If the order does not arrive in January, I'll complain to paypal. I also received an e-mail telling me my order has been shipped out in the beginning of January.

One thing is sure - never again.

This company is not doing honest business......I know for sure I will not order from them.There is so many small company which have good CS.Goddness, go & complain to paypal.

Hi Goddess!

Do a search on Archetype in this forum, and you will see that people have had similar problems with them earlier.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif goddess, I ordered on October 16th and have exactly the same story - except I have not tried for refund yet. If the order does not arrive in January, I'll complain to paypal. I also received an e-mail telling me my order has been shipped out in the beginning of January.

One thing is sure - never again.

I tried to file paypal dispute but it was closed because they say I cant file paypal dispute 45 days after payment. Paypal really sucks. Im at a loss here. If I dont get a refund (I doubt I will, since archetype is not budging) or my order, I'll report them to BBB so people can be warned of them.

Originally Posted by saitoyf /img/forum/go_quote.gif This company is not doing honest business......I know for sure I will not order from them.There is so many small company which have good CS.Goddness, go & complain to paypal. I think that this matter wouldnt arise if they just refunded me instead of 'stalling' and claiming to have sent it out when they havent. They couldnt even tell me when they sent it out. Yup they're liars.

'sorry for the sad story... its so frustrate!!! I can identify with you... I've allway say that if the CS is sucks - not to order. and its so important to report here about that - because in this way everybody can know that and not to order..

I also ordered - back in October I think - and still haven't received my order. I emailed them a week or so ago and they told me that "they would look into it" when I asked when/if my order was shipped. I still haven't received a reply, though.

I think that it's generally us outside the US that is currently having problems with this company - most US customers seem to have received their orders by now. I keep my fingers crossed that I - and everybody else still waiting - will get our orders soon.

You think there's no chance they'll reship it to you or that it's on its way? The website does say that if an order doesn't arrive, they'll replace it.

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif You think there's no chance they'll reship it to you or that it's on its way? The website does say that if an order doesn't arrive, they'll replace it. The thing is she said my order was already shipped out 2 weeks ago but I still have not received anything. Also she only said it was shipped it after I asked for a refund which is not coincidental. She obviously didnt want to refund me and used that as an excuse which I think she didnt ship it out at all. Because she couldnt tell me when it was shipped exactly. They were trying to stall time and make it seem like it was realy lost and 'reship' it again. This was even after I told them I just want a refund and not to bother 'reshipping'. Im so sick of waiting and of their lies. I mean why couldnt they jus refund me my damn money?
pedro.gif

Originally Posted by goddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif The thing is she said my order was already shipped out 2 weeks ago but I still have not received anything. Also she only said it was shipped it after I asked for a refund which is not coincidental. She obviously didnt want to refund me and used that as an excuse which I think she didnt ship it out at all. Because she couldnt tell me when it was shipped exactly. They were trying to stall time and make it seem like it was realy lost and 'reship' it again. This was even after I told them I just want a refund and not to bother 'reshipping'. Im so sick of waiting and of their lies. I mean why couldnt they jus refund me my damn money?
pedro.gif
I would keep bugging them until you get the package or you get your money back. but then again, I'm just like that.

I have emailed soooo many times asking when they have shipped out and they didnt reply.

Seriously I dont know what else I can do because Im not from the US. Apparently they have a shop or something. I wished I could march up to their shop and demand my refund. URGH. This is so frustrating.

No matter how many time you email or call them, they confirm will not reply to your email.Thay are obviously trying to cheat customer money & I am sure they are thinking to escape now...

Goddess - i am so sorry about your situation with this archtype. There were actually alot of bad reviews about them in this forum. Just give them another week and see what story they come up with and keep bugging them with mails till they do something abt this. Hope they refund you or get the package to you.

They are just lousy business dealers. Whats the point of having good stuff when the service is bad.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Goddess - i am so sorry about your situation with this archtype. There were actually alot of bad reviews about them in this forum. Just give them another week and see what story they come up with and keep bugging them with mails till they do something abt this. Hope they refund you or get the package to you.They are just lousy business dealers. Whats the point of having good stuff when the service is bad.

I just saw her online on gmail and she didnt reply my emails!!! omg. Im so pissed off that paypal has that stupid rule and also the bank wont do anything about it. Yea I sure do not want people to go through what Im experiencing. so what if they have really cheap and gorgeous eyeshadows? Their service sucks!!! Maybe they're out to cheat...who knows.

Originally Posted by goddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just saw her online on gmail and she didnt reply my emails!!! omg. Im so pissed off that paypal has that stupid rule and also the bank wont do anything about it. Yea I sure do not want people to go through what Im experiencing. so what if they have really cheap and gorgeous eyeshadows? Their service sucks!!! Maybe they're out to cheat...who knows.

Still nothing from them...so sorry for this situation of urs. I am really not sure what you can do to get ur money back hope someone out here can assist you. Don't because of one black sheep you spoil ur mood or ur day dear. There are many out there with good CS and stuff. Cheer up babe.

People, you need to get your Paypal claim in 45 days! (Or is it 30)! After a experience with an ebayer, I learnt my lesson. She's quite the manipulator. This power seller has bad customer service, BUT she's nice about it when I asked her. That losened my security, this ebayer did NOT refund me until one month AFTER I asked her for it! (and paypal said they couldn't do much since it's past the time frame for the Claim)

Anyway, I emailed archetype 13 WORKING days ago about a question. Even taylor made, who was on vacation at the time, emailed me one day after she came back. This archetype looks nice, but in my opinion, they don't bother to answer emails or provide customer service.

Latest posts

Back