Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
goddess

Major rant for achetype cosmetics. Warning do not order from them ever

Recommended Posts

I, too, have ordered 3 times and am waiting on my 3rd order. I knew going in that I could be waiting 3 months, and so was not disappointed when it took that long to get my initial order. My second order came within just a couple weeks. No way will I stop ordering from Archetype - my faerie makeup is pretty much completely centered around their colors now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the problem with some of the people who are starting a business. They dont know what to do when their business starts to grow. They dont know how to cope up with the orders. You should fisrt contact the business owner for a couple of times and see how they response to your inquiry, before placing an order. Thats what I do before placing an order. If they dont response to my inquiries promptly, this is an indication how bad their customer service is. If still skeptical, try more inquiries and see how they respond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I have to say this, but in addition to the above comment, they're really dishonest too. They lied about the date my order was shipped out. eg. They told me it was shipped out on 15th but in actual fact was shipped out much later, like a week. So it made me think my order was lost. If they can lie about this, they can probably lie about shipping my order 3 times. But urgh whatever. Maybe they have improved. If you choose to buy from them, that's the risk you have to be willing to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by goddess View Post
Sorry I have to say this, but in addition to the above comment, they're really dishonest too. They lied about the date my order was shipped out. eg. They told me it was shipped out on 15th but in actual fact was shipped out much later, like a week. So it made me think my order was lost. If they can lie about this, they can probably lie about shipping my order 3 times. But urgh whatever. Maybe they have improved. If you choose to buy from them, that's the risk you have to be willing to take.
I have gotten an order from them recently and it was fairly quick - less than 2 weeks. The colors are truly like nothing I've seen before. I have corresponded with Lisa a few times too and she seems really nice and even though I know she's extremely busy, she was really helpful. Shipping between here and there was almost a week, so it wasn't the fastest thing in the world, but obviously Archetype can't do anything about that.

FWIW, I don't think they're dishonest, or liars. You did get your order, right? I think they are a newer company and got bombarded/overwhelmed with orders, and things were rough for a while. As Marcey said, Holly could have quit and given it up but she hasn't. And from what I have seen/heard, Lisa is working like crazy to make sure the past orders get straightened out, not to mention turning the current orders around much faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got my order. Took a bit over a month but well worth it. Their colors are beautiful and their prices are sooo cheap compared to other companies. Their samples are very generous too compared to other companies especially for the price of only 25 cents. I mean what other brand has samples that cheap! I've paid more for samples with a lot less pigment in them. I went in knowing about the wait and I'll definitely order from them again. As long as you don't care or count down the days till your order arrives, you won't be disappointed. For what you get, I highly doubt she makes too much of a profit.

 

Also want to add their lip glosses are beautiful and pigmented as well smile.gif Very moisturizing. I'm going to have fun playing with my mound of samples, all for under 15 bucks including shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never heard of Archtype and I certainly wouldn't be waiting that long for ANYTHING! I am becoming very hesitant to order things on-line lately as the last couple of months my account gets dipped into for almost forty bucks @ a whack and I think it's from something fishy. I closed the account instead of having the bank look into it as there was no phone number or any other way of contacting them.

 

I am lucky though because I have Namies just about two miles from my house where all the Hollywood make-up artists buy their stuff. Great place! I'm like a kid in a candy store there! rockwoot.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I still haven't received my October order. Yes, it's been nine months now and I can't say that I'm expect it to arrive. I've been receiving really conflicting information from the company, too. The last I heard (which admittedly was many months ago), it wasn't shipped yet but should be in the mail soon.

 

Oh well. Can't say that I recommend this company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is crazy!!! Waiting for that stupid order for 9 mths.I feel that so what is the colors are great, got to wait for orders for 9 mths which I confirm won't be ordering form them.And is totally impossible to wait orders for 9 mths & this company keeps on telling lie.Here they said already shipped & there they said another story,if doing business is like that, might as well don't do.If they plan to do businesss, they should do some research 1st instead of poor management.

 

=vanja;1603599]And I still haven't received my October order. Yes, it's been nine months now and I can't say that I'm expect it to arrive. I've been receiving really conflicting information from the company, too. The last I heard (which admittedly was many months ago), it wasn't shipped yet but should be in the mail soon.

 

Oh well. Can't say that I recommend this company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well then, maybe it is safe to say that if you live outside the US, you may have difficulty getting your order.

 

Aside from waiting a while for them to ship (my own last order was held up by an out-of-stock lipgloss and a new batch of one of the colors I was looking for but was unlisted for a while), it seems like those of us in the US don't have too much of a problem getting our orders.

 

As soon as I get the money, I'm placing another order - their new The Bar is Open LE collection is loaded with must-haves for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To tell you the truth, I actually got this in a month. I sent them my second email thinking they might not respond, but they did. they did say that an employee quit, and their email system has problems. I think, no matter whatever the reason, they did lose some customers. however, i was pleased at how they replied in a week and I did get my order in a month. All in all, when I see those generous sparkly/shimmery beauties cost only little show up on my door, my smile went wacko.. I will repurchase again. Seems like I did get good customer service with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Flowind View Post
To tell you the truth, I actually got this in a month. I sent them my second email thinking they might not respond, but they did. they did say that an employee quit, and their email system has problems. I think, no matter whatever the reason, they did lose some customers. however, i was pleased at how they replied in a week and I did get my order in a month. All in all, when I see those generous sparkly/shimmery beauties cost only little show up on my door, my smile went wacko.. I will repurchase again. Seems like I did get good customer service with them.
IN A MONTH?... AN EMAIL REPONSE AFTER A WEEK?.. and you will order again?... and you call that GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE? ..... common girl?.... I dont know about that but I am not desperate with sparkly shimmery products...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by cosmeticaddict View Post
IN A MONTH?... AN EMAIL REPONSE AFTER A WEEK?.. and you will order again?... and you call that GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE? ..... common girl?.... I dont know about that but I am not desperate with sparkly shimmery products...

I was annoyed with them at first since they did not reply to my first email. Hello, fyrinnae took about a month to arrive, too. Should I quote that as bad? No. the only fast service I've experienced with is Aromaleigh. No one else beats their speed. Right now, I am a little annoyed with Fyrinnae since they did not reply to two of my emails. one is sent via their site form and another sent via my email account. Those emails are at least a month now. At least Archetype bothers to answer my emails now. BTW, NOT email response after, it's IN a week. (I didn't say after a week)

 

I do excuse that, because I checked my email - my second email got answered in 4 days, my third email got answered next day! (my first email went unanswered in Jan.) if you want proof, I can print my email screen. I am shocked too that I actually received good customer service with them. I think it's all that matters. I mean, heck, I even had to wait at least three weeks for my she space order and my fyrinnae. Right now, those two companies email answering services have been odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Girl, the longest they should answer emails is two business days (weekend is exempted)..I really think that is good customer service..Longer than that is NOT A GOOD customer service... I always shop online so I dont know about waiting for a month for my order to arrive, unless I get a notification of a delayed shipment. The longest shipment I should wait is 15 working days (if orders coming from outside Canada).. Longer than that is NOT GOOD anymore.

 

So everytime I want to order online, I contact them first. And if I didn't get answer from them within 2 business days, they are out of my list..Unless they are really a reputable and I got a lot of recommendations. But waiting for my order to arrive in one month?... Yay... Unless the order is big and heavy?.. Light weight and small orders, I usually get it in less than two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by cosmeticaddict View Post
Girl, the longest they should answer emails is two business days (weekend is exempted)..I really think that is good customer service..Longer than that is NOT A GOOD customer service... I always shop online so I dont know about waiting for a month for my order to arrive, unless I get a notification of a delayed shipment. The longest shipment I should wait is 15 working days (if orders coming from outside Canada).. Longer than that is NOT GOOD anymore.

 

So everytime I want to order online, I contact them first. And if I didn't get answer from them within 2 business days, they are out of my list..Unless they are really a reputable and I got a lot of recommendations. But waiting for my order to arrive in one month?... Yay... Unless the order is big and heavy?.. Light weight and small orders, I usually get it in less than two weeks.

Hi here. Yeah, I totally see your point... You know, I thought about giving people a second chance. (sometimes emails are lost in cyber space) But seriously, I love Fyrinnae and The she space, but their customer services have been oddly insufficient lately. I actually emailed Archetype and they said how long their turn around time is. to me, if they state how long they're going to take, it's fine. However, I grew impatient when I wrote something important to them that needs some response, there's none. I`m particularly frustrated with TSS because while they do offer good customer service at one point, their promises fell short. I don`t like that.

 

For now, out of the three, Archetype is the only one who've answered me. So, that's how my opinions have changed. Now looking to my previous post, sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. Another advantage Archetype over them is how cheap their samples are but 100% consistent. (i've gotten from some reputable companies and their sizes vary) Girl, the ONE online store that, i`ve shopped from, offers speedy shipping service is Aromaleigh. Although their products aren`t exactly cheap. my perspective has changed and I think i`d rather wait, but that`s just me. I do think people who haven`t got their orders, email Archetype. I know how it feels because few of my orders have not arrived (not mineral) and I`m waiting... whistling.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Flowind View Post
Hi here. Yeah, I totally see your point... You know, I thought about giving people a second chance. (sometimes emails are lost in cyber space) whistling.gif
Nah, you didn't rub me the wrong way. That's your opinion and you are entitle to that and I defintely respect that... However, there are things that people do not agree with and that's why we have forums so people can decide which one is to folow or believe or not.

 

For me customer service is A MUST!! specially if it's is online shopping. There are too many fraud out there and it's hard to give money and have to wait for a couple of days and week or even months and for some NONE at all, to get something that you have paid for. Have a great day MS. Flowind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion with businesses that use Paypal... do NOT accept turnaround times longer than the dispute date! 45 days turnaround is too much for any company using Paypal, or they should have an additional policy on their store to include a possibility of refund up until the ship date (including confirmation number and/or tracking number given to the customer directly through e-mail.)

 

A small company that backed up requires another person working or a short shut-down on NEW orders in order to leave time for processing the old ones in a timely manner. Thinking they can run a business without good cs is ridiculous. If they would have given a refund and discount coupons to you and the other complaining customers, they would get more business and praise in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I hate Archetype because they are thieves and liars !!!

 

I'm lived in Europe, and I nerver received my third order from january 2009 !

 

Archetype doesn't answer from my emails and they don't refund me. Archetype are f***** racists and opportunists because they seem to have the same behavior only with customers outside US and Canada or with girls don't have a blog !

 

I am so pissed of !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you're not the only one actually. Okay, I TAKE BACK WHAT I'VE SAID ABOUT THEM. they're the worst EVER.

 

Why the attitude change? I ordered my first around with no problem though i did wait longer than usual. The second order was from late August. And guess what? I doubt they even sent it. I sent over 3 emails nicely said in the beginning of October. Now I've got nothing, no reply, no stuff. I will continue emailing them starting from next week. One day two emails. Screw them. (omg, I swore) look at their website. IT'S UPDATED ON 10/9/09, WHICH I AM SURE IT'S IN OCTOBER. Darn, I wanna stab them over and over since I lost my chance at complaining them. However, paypal has said that if more than 5 customers compalined, they will do something about it. I realized that Archetype cosmetics is the biggest fraud EVER; they lured me for my first tiem and ignored me the rest. How smartly awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are a bunch of LIARS & THIEVES!!!So pls, if anyone wants to order from them...do take a look inside on this forum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an order I placed on August 8th. Even though the shipping takes forever (and there's probably a chance I could never get my order), I will probably purchase from them again. The shadows are worth the wait for me, and so long as I stick to samples and don't spend too much money, I'm willing to risk not getting my order. Haha, I guess that sounds a little bad but hey, that's just me. I'm not willing to give up on Archetype just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for you wink.gif

 

But you don't take any risk because you are in the same country wink.gif

 

But I still hope that's AC will be closed and go to jail. Hé, I'm a dreamer ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by vanja View Post
And I still haven't received my October order. Yes, it's been nine months now and I can't say that I'm expect it to arrive. I've been receiving really conflicting information from the company, too. The last I heard (which admittedly was many months ago), it wasn't shipped yet but should be in the mail soon.

 

Oh well. Can't say that I recommend this company.

This really says it all. And still some of you think they need another chanse? Uh Oh..... Chills...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • Yes, it is quite good. Why do you ask this?
    • But what if she CAN'T afford experimenting with different products? That might really make the situation worse and harm her hair even more... Same with home remedies. If your really want to change your hairstyle then hair extension is a good option because you won't damage your hair and scalp. You can actually lookup the tutorials on the web, but videos on Youtube are more descriptive.
    • Hi, I'm moving to the UK shortly from London. Are there any British skincare/makeup brands that are difficult to obtain there? I might need to stock up before leaving! J
    • A man goes to the doctor, concerned about his wife’s hearing. The doctor says, “Stand behind her and say something and tell me how close you are when she hears you.” The man goes home, sees his wife in the kitchen, cutting carrots on the countertop. About 15 feet away he says, “Honey, what’s for dinner?” Nothing. He gets halfway to her and repeats the same question. Nothing. Very concerned, he gets right behind her and asks again “What’s for dinner?” She turns around and says “For the THIRD time, beef stew!”
    • There are a variety of benefits for Orange Essential Oil. I am mentioning some of them: 1. It lifts your mood up and reduce the stress 2. It treats skin conditions like acne 3. It helps with Upset Stomach 4. Can be used as a flavor in food and beverages

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×