Proof at Last! Science Reveals Why We Love Makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quote:
Total confession: I love putting on makeup. Love it. The presence of a new eyeliner in my makeup bag can actually motivate me out of bed 10x faster than a fat free latte.

But try admitting -publicly!- that putting on makeup makes you fizzy with excitement, and suddenly people are taking small but perceptible steps away from you.

Ladies, BIG NEWS: Science has proved what we all knew all along: Putting on makeup makes us happy.

Scientists in Japan recently discovered exactly what goes through a women’s mind when she applies makeup. By using brain scanning equipment, they discovered that women experience a wave of euphoria and optimism as they prepare for their makeup routine, trumping the commonly held belief that positive feelings are experienced only after the makeup is applied.

The research aimed to determine the cognitive activities involved in how a woman perceives herself with and without makeup. The goal: Reveal the exact reasons why women wear makeup and how it makes them feel better about themselves.

Either way, good work, team. Let me know when I can say, "I told you so."

Posted by Jenny Muller at 8:34 AM

Source: Beauty And The Blog: Proof At Last! Science Reveals Why We Love Makeup

LOL and my husband said I was crazy. I love the feeling when I put on makeup. Heck, if I have the time I even extend the length of putting on my makeup just bc I love it so much.

Makeup make you feel happy?

I KNEW IT!!

I KNEW I WASN'T INSANE!!!

Lol we finally have proof!
biggrin.gif

Maybe now they can start to work on a lipstick which actually DOES last 8 hours

It really does! I can safely say that's the best part of my day.. that and going to sleep.

So true! I enjoy the act of applying makeup just as much as the effect of wearing it. I wake up earlier than I need to just so I can take my time putting on my makeup. It really brightens my day.

So Very very true
smile.gif

I've always said applying it calm's me and makes me happy!

I'm printing this out and putting it on my cork board haha any future boyfriends will have to read it before complaining about me wearing make up lol

AWESOME i want to print this out too! the act of putting on makeup is a great anti-depressant =) they should start prescribing it

Yay! I had tried explaining to my husband that it's not that I'm vain, it's that I actually enjoy playing with makeup. It makes me happy. Now there's proof!

Latest posts

Back