Guerlain Dupe: L'oreal HIP Kohl Liners?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just heard of these yesterday and have read random reviews but nothing really pushing me one way or the other. I really want to try bc in picture they look pretty and I have NOT tried the Guerlain ones but I'm open to trying a new liner option. I think Physicians had something similar but I always heard really bad review of it and figured maybe these might be good.

Guerlain:

AAAAApY1hdEAAAAAAD1V2g.jpg

L'oreal HIP Kohl Liners:

1140900.JPG

1142739.JPG

Anyone tried them yet?

Yea CVS has a sale on hip items bogo but unfortunately this is one of the items they don't carry yet
frown.gif
. would've been perfect for trying them.

Yep their new. apparently recent new bc I've never seen them in store but supposedly walmart has them too.

1162446.JPG

1162447.JPG

I really want the gold and black one but I wouldn't mind one of each
laughing.gif

I usually don't buy makeup in front of my husband for the sake of his sanity ("20.00 for what?!?! Lol) but since we're already goin out tonite I'm probly gonna force him. Drooling just thinkin ab it!

I haven't seen those yet but the pictures look really pretty! They look sort of glittery, yes?

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't seen those yet but the pictures look really pretty! They look sort of glittery, yes? From what I've read on one review, they do have a minor glitter but not like thick chunky glitter pieces. More noticeable in the container and on you hand but not really on the eye. The reviews I get are you either hate them or you love them. I sooo want to love them!

I got the gold one at Walgreens yesterday, but I don't like how it applies at all.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got the gold one at Walgreens yesterday, but I don't like how it applies at all.
frown.gif
Aww, are they that bad? I heard you had to press it on and I also heard that if it gets in your eyes it can burn. My fear is tons of fallout like the Revlon loose smokey e/s shadow. Those were horrible.

I bought the black one a few weeks ago. The first few times I used it, it had tons of fall out but then I tried tapping the excess off and it worked very well. It seems to wear pretty well and has just enough shimmer to make it interesting. I'm very interested in the teal, my walgreens didnt even have a slot for that one in the display. Anyway, hope this helps those that are curious
biggrin.gif

well today was the start of the BOGO at walgreens for HIP, and true to form they had these seperate from the usual HIP display....specially located near the front door.

i did a no-no in store. i swatched one on my hand. i was planning to buy it at the time. and i saw the powdery flecks of fall out. did a tap tap on the edge of the container, swatched again, still messy. not the product for me...and no i didnt put the one i touched all over the place back on the display, i tossed it in a clearance men's hair color bin.

sorry drugstore sanitation gods, but im still glad i didnt buy this stuff.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aww, are they that bad? I heard you had to press it on and I also heard that if it gets in your eyes it can burn. My fear is tons of fallout like the Revlon loose smokey e/s shadow. Those were horrible. Maybe I'm applying it wrong, but I just couldn't get a smooth, pigmented application. I'll keep trying though. I have the terracotta khol and have no problems applying when I use it, which is seldom. Maybe I'll do a comparison review, though.

I've tried once at the guerlain counter. i was less than impressed. I did have a fallout.. And the color did look nice, but if I ever get my hands on these HIP kohl liner, I would buy one to try. No way am I buying 38 dollars for a tiny tube of Kohl liner

About the appication method, I've seen people talking about an Oriental style of putting these on. Go search on MUA!

I tried the HIP liners at cvs the other day, the gold one. and it went on a bit crusty, but blending it out was easy. It probably would have a lot of fall out considering when I swiped it on my hand, the pigments were clumpy. the color is really pretty though. but not as intense as I thought it would be.

I bought one about three weeks ago. I tried and tried to make it work. It's not finely milled and there's a ton of chunky fall out even if you tap the wand. I shook some into an old mineral container and tried two different eyeliner brushes. It's too much trouble and too time consuming for me to bother with anymore.

Back