List some Over- rated M.A.C products that u really dont like

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Viva glam V lipstick. I bought this because i heard it was a great everyday lipstick, and i read so much great reviews on makeupalley. And it was everyones "top 6 lipsticks" on youtube. i find it to sheer, i was dissapointed.

Hmm, I think That the MAC paint was kind of disappointing. Only because it drys up really quickly. I use when I want satin and softer look to my eye make up.

So far I've loved everything from MAC. The lipsticks are really expensive though, I can buy comparable lipsticks much cheaper.

after reading so many posts about how much they love it and its everyone's holy grail, i finally bought SHROOM e/s a while back. it sits unused. it doesnt really show up on me so much, it's kinda like using nothing.

and although i like the mineralized skin finishes that i have, collecting and having ALL of them seems to be overhyped to me.

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif The entire MAC line is overrated and overpriced. esp their lipsticks.

Yogurt e/s is something I've seen on youtube a lot and I hate it! It looks so yucky pink on my lids and I thought it would look more of a natural color. I guess I'm too light complected.

I've gotten away from the Liquidlast because it clumps my lashes if I get it too close and it's so hard to get off. I have to use olive oil everytime. I'd much rather use a liquid liner that washes off easier.

There's really not a lot of MAC that I don't like. I would repurchase most everything that I've used so far
smile.gif

I love everything MAC except the foundations, powders, whatever... I can't wear any of it.

I have an eyeshadow, Behold, that just does not come out good on my eyelid! It doesn't blend and looks all splotchy.

i find almost everything of theres over rated, there eyeshadows are okay but you can get stuff for the same quality for a lot less.

The Studio Fix Foundation is over rated in my opinion. Everyone seems to love it, but it causes so many breakouts for me
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif i find almost everything of theres over rated, there eyeshadows are okay but you can get stuff for the same quality for a lot less. Ditto, I do like MAC, but yeah.

MAC prep+prime eyes, used it once, my e/s creased even faster than without e/s primer.
scream3.gif

Select foundation, acne city in the desert (dried out my skin and gave me pimples !).

I throw 15€ in an e/s just to see the main ingredient remains talc. I know it's a guilt found in many cosmetic brands, but for the price, it's disappointing.

Zoomlash mascara, did nothing apart from covering my eyelashes.

i think their eyeshadows are worth the money (the pigment and color is amazing!) but i don't like the foundations. they broke me out & they look like paint
frown.gif
i also dont really like their strobe cream. the MA i talked to insisted that they don't put glitter in that product, but i could see it on my face! yuck

I think the foundations are way overrated and terrible. I also find their lipglasses and "glaze" lipsticks overrated. The problem with the lipglasses is that it tends to collect at the bottom and form sediments. I also don't see the point of a nearly transparent lipstick that feels like a cheap lipgloss.

I think the lipsticks are quite good (depending on the formula), but only if you're going to use it all up. If you're someone that likes to buy a lot of colors and throw it away when it's no longer the color of the month, I'd suggest something cheaper.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif i find almost everything of theres over rated, there eyeshadows are okay but you can get stuff for the same quality for a lot less. agreed. less or more, i find that other brands are way better than MAC. I rarely shop there. I'm totally biased towards Urban Decay though...haha

Oh and..Luminary lusterglass....

why spend 18$ for a clear gloss with sparkle in it.

Back