Makeup to go with red gown

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My friend is going to be wearing a red gown for her engagement party. Any makeup ideas? She has black hair, olive skin, big dark brown eyes. Also, do u have advice on hiring a makeup artist for onsite makeup application?

Smokey brown gold eyes. Very earthtoned makeup to compliment the red dress.

yeah i think smokey brown would be good. and keep the lips simple so as not to over do it

Thanks! The brown smokey eye sounds good! What color lipstick can be used? Before, I was thinking a red lip would be good, but do you guys think that is too much?

If your going for smokey eyes i would down play the lips.

I agree smokey earthy tones sound great.

For the lips, maybe a pinkish/brown neutral color, or nude to match her lips. IMO, red is something that draws attention big time and you don't want any other distractions elsewhere. Plus you mentioned she has dark big eyes, I'm sure they're gorgeous too so need to play up the lips.

Red lipstick imo would be too much, and competing with the dress. Instead soft glossy lips should be enough, especially if the eyes go smoky. I agree a pinkish brown lipstick would probably suit her better, i'd add a bit of clear gloss on top
smile.gif

yes, a dark grey smokey eye is another option. Depends on what colour shoes she's wearing, as well as other accessories... and the tone of red the dress is!

Latest posts

Back