I'm moving to Canada!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We've been considering for a few months to move to Canada (Montréal). Now my boyfriend got a job where he can start at the end of March, so we're moving to Montréal! Probably at the end of March or sometime in April, depends on our lease and when his current job wants to let him go. My icelandic friend has lived in Montréal for a bit over a year, so at least I'll know someone there. My boyfriends ex-coworker also moved there recently, and they'll work in the same company.

So exciting times ahead for me
rockwoot.gif
Have to dust my french knowledge as well. I'll probably go crazy with ordering online now since it's so much cheaper to send to Canada and no more custom fees (or not as high as for Iceland at least). Yay!

Yea Edda!! Moving to a warmer climate? Lol. hope your move is a smooth one! I always wanted to see Montreal..

Very cool! The weather should be nice by the time you're moving and at least there will be some familiar faces
smile.gif

Cool! Canada is great, i love it here, i am sure you will love it too
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yea Edda!! Moving to a warmer climate? Lol. hope your move is a smooth one! I always wanted to see Montreal.. Well, a lot warmer in the summer, but also a lot colder in the winter! I'm not used to -30, here it rarely goes under -10°C. But the heat in April should be good for adjusting, not cold anymore and not too warm either.

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cool! Canada is great, i love it here, i am sure you will love it too
biggrin.gif
Where in Canada do you live? Do you know of someone here who is in Montréal?

Yay! Welcome! Montreal isn't too far from us and a very lively city.

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay congrats! Canada is so beautifu! Where in Canada do you live? Have you ask everyone now where they're from
laughing.gif

Salmon Arm BC!

Originally Posted by Saints /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where in Canada do you live? Have you ask everyone now where they're from
laughing.gif

Canada is great - lived here my whole life. I live near Toronto, about an 8 hour drive to Montreal.

Montreal rocks - great party town, two universities, fabulous shopping, Montreal Canadiens NHL hockey team.

A great combination of the old world and modern life.

I lived just outside of Montreal in the early 90s.

I found that everyone speaks English. But all the signs on buildings, streets have to be in French.

I think there are a couple of Muters from Quebec - hopefully they'll see this thread and give you some pointers on Montreal.

I have only visited Canada, but i really like it a lot. (Montreal, London, Calgary, Vancouver & Toronto (soon) I could live in any number of places in Canada and be very happy as it is very clean and the country seems to really care about its residents.

I have never been to Iceland, but i do have a good friend of mine who lived there for a while. He really liked it a lot.

That's fantastic Edda ! I hope everything will go smooth in your move.

I could be wrong, but i think you'll find people speaking english as well as french there. Lucky you, i'd love to visit Montréal !

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's fantastic Edda ! I hope everything will go smooth in your move.
I could be wrong, but i think you'll find people speaking english as well as french there. Lucky you, i'd love to visit Montréal !

Yes french is more spoken in Montréal and Quebéc, but most people seem to speak english as well so that's good. I've learned french but it's a few years ago so I don't remember much. I'll catch up on it soon I think.

Back