P90X anyone else?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some really hard workouts, I hope you and your husband see good results!

ooo its rough i couldnt finish the whole yoga/pilates part, sheesh ...... but god you can soo tell how well it WILL WORK!

we got it a month or so ago, still haven't used it yet. but im' still walking and doing my other workouts, i just know it's gonna be so hard. i dread it.

I'm looking in to trying this. I'm back in the gym just to prepare for it since its so hard to do.

I've heard good things about it actually. It definitely seems intense, but the concept has been proven time and time again to work wonders in a short amount of time (the guys from 300 supposedly did a routine similar to this).

Apparently, it's a training program consisting of cardio, weight training (without typical gym equipment, just a couple of weights or resistance bands) and exercises for flexibility (like yoga or pilates) while following nutritional guidelines.

One of the key marketing aspects I've noticed is that they claim to break plateaus as much as possible, which is generally one of the biggest obstacles in fitness/bodybuilding.

I'm sure they probably try to market their own protein shakes and stuff like that, but if someone is following this, they'd be best off to order their supplements from Bodybuilding.com, since they're cheap, have great customer service, and a jaw-droppingly huge selection of products (really, all that's needed is a whey protein isolate, creatine, BCAA, and maybe casein protein).

They also have a 12 Week Video Trainer from Kris Gethin (natural bodybuilder and personal trainer), which is free to watch online, in case someone doesn't want to buy this program.

I've also heard good things about Trueprotein.com, and they sell all kinds of supplements, but I've never ordered from them before, so I don't know about the quality of their products or customer service (they also charge quite a bit for shipping).

Lol Rosie, the first time i heard about this i thought we were talking about guns. Like Jeremyn said it's a fitness program, it sounds interesting but i'm not sure i'd try it.

I tried P90X, but I decided that I needed to do something else before continuing. It was a little too..uh..advanced lol.

I'm doing a cycle of Power 90 right now, which is more my speed lol. I'll be doing a cycle of P90X or ChaLEAN once I'm done with it, though.

I got p90x for my hubby in march 4 his bday, he loves to work out and keep in shape. I tried a couple of the workouts but ,good lord its hard!!!!!So my hubby is continuing it on his own
smile.gif
lol

Its is really awesome and kind of nice to see my hubby working out at home,lol
smile.gif
sunshine.gif
Hot stuff lol!!

My boyfriend gave me the pilates/yoga and ab ripper ones to try out. I haven't done it yet but I'm excited although I'm sure it's hard.

As for the rest, I seriously need to work my upper body strength before I even attempt it. lol

I tried it for 30 days, but then got lazy. It's pretty intense though. I gotta get back on it.

I just started it today! It was hard but not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm excited to see results.

I did three days, got to the cardio workout, Woke up and felt like I had been run over by a train after being beat up by twenty people, tried working out that evening and stopped because I could barely move. I'm sure it works. I just dont know how many people/beginners are willing to deal with that amount of intensity so soon, it comes as a shock.

Back