Is this bad to do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So all I've ever bought from sephora was one tube of urban decay PP last year. And at the same time I signed up for beauty insider and picked up my birthday present (it was near my birthday last year). But since I don't really buy anything and one tube of UDPP will prob last me quite a while, do you think it's still okay to drop by for a birthday gift each year? I mean, I'm sure I'm not the only one who does it, but since I'm signed up I might as well take advantage of the program. But I do feel bad.

For anyone who works at sephora or is familiar with it, is there a way the sales can find out besdies the amount of beauty points you have (because they could just think I spent some beauty points and that's why my balance is so low) lol.

Be honest :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I feel bad, but I kinda want their gifts too.

Well the reason that they would give you free gifts is so that you will go to pick it up and then find something else to buy! Sneaky.

I wouldn't feel bad about it, but if you do, maybe pick up a cheap item for $5 or so.

They can view what you bought when you use your beauty insider card, but they won't look to see if you bought anything to give you your gift.

As long as you're signed up for the program, you get a gift... no matter how much you spend.

By all means get your free gift! Considering how much so many cosmetics cost considering the ingrediants used, we deserve a little something.

It's a gift
smile.gif
Just take it, it's a commercial thing really, get a free handcream and we double your points on your purchases that day ! Sometimes i get a big smile and more samples if i say i have a sephora card, lol.

But if you feel bad, get a sephora eyepencil, they're nice, or a bottle of nailpolish, little bath round thingies in different fragrances. That's what i do !

i didn't know u get a free gift for ur bday. my bday was in decemeber, can they keep track and see that u didn't get ur bday gift for the year, and get one at a later time?

I agree with the other girls. I'm sure with what you spend, they owe it to you to give a free gift.

Don't worry. They wouldn't give away freebies if they couldn't afford it. The gift only comes once a year and it's just an incentive to remind you to come back to the store and see what's new. There's absolutely nothing to feel bad about.
smile.gif

Ok, so this Sephora insider thing is news to me!!!!!! How do I get in on this, ladies??!!
biggrin.gif

Yep, my first purchase from Sephora was ONLY so that I could get my freebie; but now I have no problem with being a loyal customer!

Keep the coupons and freebies coming!!

Originally Posted by McRubel /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok, so this Sephora insider thing is news to me!!!!!! How do I get in on this, ladies??!!
biggrin.gif
yahootongue.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow!! I need to sign up for that!! You should !! In France 1€ equals 1 point, and when you get 150 points you get a coupon for 10% off your purchases during one day (worth it if you have a big sephora around, or several. I'm in heaven !).
Honestly if all you buy is a mascara, the card isn't worth it. If you're a little bit of a makeup addict or if you buy most of your stuff at sephora, it's really worth it. I buy one bottle of perfume minimum per year, plus mascaras, a bottle of UDPP, few eyeshadows/lipsticks here and there, and i'm sure i have at least one 10% off coupon per year.

You get also newsletters with 10/20 % off codes only valid on the website, and you can double your chances of winning to their contests (it's something i have noticed, can't say it works as an absolute rule).

I had no idea they have the Birthday program thing, this probably sounds like a sort of a silly question- I know its probably not possible but can you pick any thing you like in the store? We recently just opened our first Sephora here, and frankly, I'm quite disappointed, because the policies are very different from what France/America is used to. For example, I don't think you can take a product back to the store if you don't like it. Basically its you have bought something, and you cannot get a refund, and exchanges are only IF the item is unopened with all the tags and everything else intact.

Originally Posted by Aniger86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had no idea they have the Birthday program thing, this probably sounds like a sort of a silly question- I know its probably not possible but can you pick any thing you like in the store? We recently just opened our first Sephora here, and frankly, I'm quite disappointed, because the policies are very different from what France/America is used to. For example, I don't think you can take a product back to the store if you don't like it. Basically its you have bought something, and you cannot get a refund, and exchanges are only IF the item is unopened with all the tags and everything else intact. I don't know what it's like outside of America but here they have a pre-set item that they give away for birthdays. Last year I recieved winter therapy body moisturizer and this year I received vanilla cupcake bodywash.

Girl, if it was me (and probaly will be soon because I didn't know that they offered such a thing) I would get my free gift!
smile.gif
Look at it as a major "thank you" for making the one purchase you did make from them. But, if you feel that bad then I agree with Sophie and just get something not of a greater price..say under $20?? Good luck and go get ur gift this year!!

I agree with those who said take the gift for exactly what it is... a gift. I mean the whole reason they do that is to entice you to purchase something else when you go into pick up the "your birthday gift". Does it work? Not all the time but they know for sure that you will be back every year so that gives them another opportunity to tempt you with something new. Marketing at it's best!
smile.gif

LOL! How funny! Get yours because Sephora is definitely getting theirs.

Back