What's Your Opinion?: on Jazz Music

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Staying with the music theme i started with Opera, what about Jazz? love it , hate it can't appreciate it?

Feel free to comment.

I haven't really listened to enough jazz to make up my mind completely about it. As jazzy as I got was amy winehouse but I consider her more mainstream than anything.

I definitely have an appreciation for it. I don't own any Jazz music. But my younger sister is a major fan of jazz, so the very little I do know about jazz is because of her, always talking about it LOL!

I love it! Especially the old school jazz styles like Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, etc.

Whenever I'm in a performance and have to perform a solo, I definately prefer the jazz style!
biggrin.gif

Jazz is so broad a musical genre its hard to get your arms around. There is light jazz that sort of melts into the background and is so non-descript that you almost forget its on. Jazz fusion is just the opposite, music played with such a frenetic pace and musicianship that you can't ignore it.

I like the fact that it is a blend of musical styles and textures. It never seems to get boring, but i still like a lot of variety.

I love Jazz. I think it's such a versatile kind of music that it can be moulded into something for everyone.

I like old school Jazz right through to really modern jazz that's made it's way into pop music (like Amy Winehouse and VV Brown)

I like the older jazz like swing jazz - Glen Miller kind of thing.

Jazz fusion sucks so hard - I have no clue why anyone likes it

Man, my favorite singer of ALL TIME is Ella Fitzgerald. OOOOOOOOooooooh, I remember cleaning on a Saturday and granny would have her playing in the background. Gimme her and some Sarah Vaughan and Etta James. I LOVE the way they control their voices. Oh gosh I wish I could sing like those ladies. The men are cool too if you like how they do the instruments, but I'm not a huge vocal fan.

i don't mind it if its there, but i wouldn't really go out of my way to listen to it.

I love Jazz. I am always thinking about finding a jazz club to just go and just sit and listen to, but I don't know if there is one locally...

I love it! My favorite songs of all time are "Take 5" by Dave Brubeck and "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Benny Goodman Orhcestra. ! I absolutely love those songs.
smile.gif

I don't mind listening to it. I certainly respect the genre because I know it's one of the difficult ones to compose in.

Back