Why Did You Finally Join...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MuT? I know this has been asked randomly before but I believe it's been awhile and we've had tons of newbies since then. This would also be a great way to let us know more about yourselves and maybe get to know some of the older members too.

Prior to joining here, I was a lurker for months but one day, I was reading a thread under makeup recommendations and couldn't believe all the help that individual recieved. It was nice to know that people weren't just posting away and being ignored and that this felt like a place where "everybody knows my name" even though it is my username
laughing.gif

So what convinced you to join? Was it the members? The layout of MuT? Our review section, threads? Anything in particular that caught your eye?

Karren got me to join here. MuT is very CD friendly and its been very helpful. Excellent thread.

I mostly got into MUT because of the friendly members. I couldn't believe how nice everyone was, I would always think "Are these people for real?"
laughing.gif

I've never seen such a supportive community. And of course I loved all the makeup, and fashion threads.

Tbh I have no idea!

I think I saw all the great makeup advice and thought I want a piece of that
tongue.gif

I joined and then lurked for a bit before I plucked up the courage to post.

Now that you mention it Katie, I remember I used to be so scared of posting LOL when I first joined.

i joined the day i found it! i was just googling for makeup tips and some threads came up, and from a quick read i thought this place looked really welcoming and friendly!

Lol Adrienne, I know I thought it was so scary
tongue.gif

'Cos I didn't know hardly anything about makeup and I was like "I'm not gunna post, I don't know as much as everyone else" and then one day I just thought ah screw it LOL

Originally Posted by fingers /img/forum/go_quote.gif i joined the day i found it! i was just googling for makeup tips and some threads came up, and from a quick read i thought this place looked really welcoming and friendly! So did I!
smile.gif
At first, I wanted to build my posts so that I could see the FOTDs and images but once I started posting everyone was so sweet and friendly that I never stopped!

Not sure I wasnt even into makeup then but thanks to MUT I discovered MAC pigments

I joined in early 2006 to look at reviews of products. To be honest, I didn't even know there was a forum initially.

But once I started to read through the forums, I knew it was a great site.

I actually found this place searching for something I don't even remember and joined within a couple minutes!

i was doing a search for makeup ideas for a wedding i was going to and MUT came up in a google search so i joined about 5secs after i started to read lol.

i initially joined because i wanted to reply to some random thread, but i stayed cause i HAD to see what was in those restricted areas till you have 800 posts. and by the time i got to that many posts i was hooked

I was searching for something in relation to MAC pigments because I had ordered All Girl off ebay and wanted to know if it was real or fake and I also had a question about blackheads.

Hmmmm.... I googled everything, and I was looking for red and yellow eyeshadow and info on how to apply makeup and such.

So I'd read posts on this and other forums where people asked a question and it seemed like ppl got their questions answered here, more than any other place. So I decided to try it, and I actually got ppl helping me from brands to stores to application. It was heaven for a newbie. I mean nice people from all over helping. Plus I had to get to 10 posts to see the pics. But since then I've never turned away.

I found the site doing a search for a product review of something. I remember you had to have 10 posts or this pop up wouldnt go away. I wanted it to go away, lol. Also I had a question so I joined so I could ask it.

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karren got me to join here. MuT is very CD friendly and its been very helpful. Excellent thread. Me, too. It's Karren's fault.

I was googling makeup forums (I belong to a forum on basically every subject lol) and this one seemed the friendliest.
smile.gif

I was gonna say I was a lurker, but I still AM a lurker! lol

Last year I quit my job, managed to pack up whatever I could carry in 2 suitcases and a duffel and joined my boyfriend on the road as he travels and works all over the place.

I was bored, alone in a hotel for about 12 hrs a day, and I figured I would google "smokey eye tutorial" to try to look hot when my man got home from work and I ended up at MUT! I had joined MUA before but I HATED that place. So i joined MUT after lurking for weeks because I was lonely and wanted to make new friends to help keep me busy/optimistic as I started a new chapter of my life.

You all have kept me SANE and learning new things and techniques about makeup kept me busy. Now I'm a full blown makeup junkie with an expensive habit!

Thanks, MUT! lol

I was googling reviews and this site came up. Lurked on here for months until I finally signed up because I wanted to see pictures that were being posted. And just started posting

Latest posts

Back