Anyone tried The Oil Cleansing Method??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone tried The Oil Cleansing Method?

I have been using this method for about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it.

My skin has cleared up and its more radiant. My skin does not feel oily at all!!!

Would like to hear about others who are using this method and what their experiences are...

Hi,

I have heard abt this but haven't tried it as yet.

What type of oils are you using?

Thanks

Im using a mixture of two oils. 75% extra virgin olive oil with 25% castor oil. You can adjust these to suit your skin.

Thanks for the link Katnahat. Might try these.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've had the same results as you. It's great!
I use Aubrey Nicole's Balancing Cleanser. I don't want to mix my own and this smells great and totally works.

If you don't want to mix try it!

Aubrey Nicole Mineral Makeup and Skin Care :: BODY & FACIAL OILS :: NEW CLEANSING OILS NEW

Thanks for the link to the website. I thought about trying the OCM but wasn't sure where to start. I just sent an email to AN's customer service. I can't decide which cleanser to use.
Also, is this used morning and night? Do you need a moisturizer with this? If so, what do you use?

Thanks again,

Oh my gosh... I've never heard of this and now I can't wait to try it. I have super dry, very sensitive skin, and I'm constantly broken out.

So... I'd like to hear a little more about personal results... Ladies?

JWICC you should definitely try it. I had the same problem. Dry skin and lots of breakouts.

Since using the OCM my skin is so clear and not dry at all. I use 25% castor oil and 75% extra virgin olive oil mixed together every evening.

Check out the below link.

CLICKY

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've had the same results as you. It's great!
I use Aubrey Nicole's Balancing Cleanser. I don't want to mix my own and this smells great and totally works.

If you don't want to mix try it!

Aubrey Nicole Mineral Makeup and Skin Care :: BODY & FACIAL OILS :: NEW CLEANSING OILS NEW

I just ordered a full size and sample size of the balancing cleanser. I'm looking forward to getting it. Also, they have the 15% off your order so I couldn't resist.

I have dry and sensitive skin. I have been trying to use my D.I.Y cleanser for almost 2 months.

I use 30% of oatmeal, 30% of honey, 20% of extra virgin oliver oil and water to make it. Firstly, combine oatmeal and warm water. Add the other ingredients succeedingly and stir it until it becomes a mushy paste. Store it in a container with a lid in your fridge.

I have used so many cleanser like Neutrogena, Lancome, Chanel, Cetaphil... But this one i made is the best as yet.

Okay... I didn't know castor oil is a laxative. I'm so juvenile... I had a hard time walking up to the counter to pay for it.

But whatever. I used it tonight. My skin does look... refreshed. But it feels dry. I guess we'll see what it's like in the morning and go from there. Silly question, but I didn't find an answer: should I use olive oil as my moisturizer tomorrow?

I can't imagine going out into a cold winter day without moisturizer. Please advise-- STAT!

wink.gif

Originally Posted by jwicc /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay... I didn't know castor oil is a laxative. I'm so juvenile... I had a hard time walking up to the counter to pay for it.
But whatever. I used it tonight. My skin does look... refreshed. But it feels dry. I guess we'll see what it's like in the morning and go from there. Silly question, but I didn't find an answer: should I use olive oil as my moisturizer tomorrow?

I can't imagine going out into a cold winter day without moisturizer. Please advise-- STAT!

wink.gif

The castor oil is a cleansing oil so can be drying if used on its own, so best to mix it with olive oil. I mix 25% castor oil with 75% extra virgin olive oil. You can use more castor oil for oily skin or more olive oil for dry skin. I have this mixture made up in a clean bottle ready to use every evening. Use a generous amount of the oil mixture and massage for as long as you can concentrating on your problem areas. ( for a least a few minutes)
Then take a face cloth ( I use a muslin cloth as it exfoliating on the skin) and soak in clean hot steamy water. Hold the cloth against your skin to steam the face to clean the pores. Then wipe the oil away. I repeat this about 3 times. If your skin feels dry afterward this then just take some of your castor/olive mixture and massage it into your skin.

I use the castor/olive mixture to moisture my skin the following morning.Just make sure you massage well into skin so there is no residue left. Very important!

Sorry if I have repeated what you already know. Hope this helps!
smile.gif

Check out the below link. I found this very helpful.

CLICKY

i don't mean to be discouraging, but this was my experience: for a month, my skin on ocm dramatically improved. then after a while i guess the oil built up and my skin got clogged and i started getting cystic pimples. i was so sad and it took me about 6 months to get my face back to normal. i don't know why this happened to me since people have used it and had great results. maybe i didn't wipe off all the residue with the hot washcloths or maybe my face just didn't like olive and castor oil. i found out it wasn't for me, but i'm glad that some people truly benefit from this method. =)

I have been alternating using the oil cleanse method with a strong exfoliator cleanser. I absolutely love the oil cleanse method. It completly removes all the dirt, debris and oil from my skin. You have to remember to apply moisturizer within two minutes of cleansing your face, because after two minutes your skin will start to "freak out" and start overproducing unecessary oil. Which can lead to dilated/stretched pores and unwanted greasyness. Hands down the best cleanser ever is Dermalogica's Precleanse

Dermalogica Precleanse at DermStore

Dermalogica uses a ton of essential oils in their products and the smell is AMAZING!

You can also mix the oils with some white sugar to make a sugar scub. I use this really lightly on my face about once a week or every other week. I switch off using grapeseed oil and olive oil. They both work really well for my face. The black heads have really cleared up and so have the dry patches. I've been using this method for about 6 months now with no problems. When I don't use the scrub I just use the oils themselves.

Originally Posted by akathegnat /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can also mix the oils with some white sugar to make a sugar scub. I use this really lightly on my face about once a week or every other week. I switch off using grapeseed oil and olive oil. They both work really well for my face. The black heads have really cleared up and so have the dry patches. I've been using this method for about 6 months now with no problems. When I don't use the scrub I just use the oils themselves. Im going to try the sugar scrub.
icon10.gif

Back