YSL Spring 2009 Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
YSL Spring 2009 Makeup Collection

YSL is releasing its spring 2009 makeup collection on January 16th, 2009 in Japan. Most of the items in this collection are new shades of existing products. For the regular items, the colors remain understatedly sophisticated and refined.

The star items, limited-edition Palette D’artiste Collector Powder For The Eyes and Palette D’artiste Collector Powder For The Complexion, feature an array of vibrant and bright shades.

The collection includes:

Limited-edition Palette D’artiste Collector Powder For The Eyes
Limited-edition Palette D’artiste Collector Powder For The Complexion

Ombres Duolumiéres Eyeshadow Duo: in 2 variations

Everlong Mascara Lengthening Mascara: in 1 new shade

Easy Liner for Eyes Automatic Eyeliner: in 2 new shades

Blush Variation: in 1 new variation

Rouge Pur: in 6 new shades

Gloss Pur: in 6 new shades

Nail Touch: in 2 new shades
[Photo credit:www.cosme.net]

Other Source

meh. Not grabbing me. And, all that gold looks kind of trashy IMHO
smile.gif

I don't know why, but YSL doesn't do anything for me. I just think they're over-priced.

I like the shades in the first e/s palette but I agree with Rosie, the packaging doesn't appeal to me at all.

their mascara is good though, not a part of this collection, but it was one of the first (if not THE first) high end product I ever bought, I got it duty free on my way overseas. It smells like peaches and is really lovely and soft. It was/is pretty cool!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif meh. Not grabbing me. And, all that gold looks kind of trashy IMHO
smile.gif
Yeah...
frown.gif
Not to mention, the mascaras, touche eclat and nail thingies look the same, so i guess it's hard to determine which is which when you're rummaging in your stash.

that complexion palette has a very bright red in it!! colours are pretty but its nothing ground breaking though.

Heh, I guess I'm in the minority because I don't mind the gold packaging^^.

I'm intrigued by Nail Touch... but I'm afraid it might be gimmicky.

I love the colors in the e/s palette but it's not something I will go out and purchase.

I do have an eyeshadow palette from YSL - a few years old, it's still good so I'm still using it - which I love. It has four beautiful purple colors in it, completely matte (this was back when everything was shimmery) without being chalky. But I bought that at a discount because the regular price is just too much for me.

I own many ysl limited edition. So, I can totally pass this. The face packaging remains the same except the colors.. which is not useful on me. ~~slides away

Back