I hate snakes...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just in the kitchen having some toast when I look out into the courtyard to see a nasty big black snake sunning itself on the patio...I had the door to the kitchen open which leads right out to the courtyard and I had the door from the kitchen to the courtyard wide open! I have never in my life run so fast to close a door lol

I just called Wires (Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Services) and they're going to get a "snake catcher" to come out to my house and collect it. It's a Copperhead snake, they're the 11th most venomous snakes in the world! My dogs really want to get out there, but I am afraid either they will attack the snake or the snake will attack them. So we're all huddled up inside, staring at this stupid snake until the snake person gets here! lol

Here's what this nasty looks like!

Copperhead-Snake.jpg

aww, B, it's kind of pretty! sure, I wouldn't want it in my courtyard, but I'm sure it is more afraid of you than you are of it!

You people are freaks! lol The Wires guy came to get it, he said despite it actually being quite a venemous snake, they're very shy and tend to stay away from people. I was more concerned about my dogs attacking it, I didn't want the dogs or the snake to get hurt. I live on 2 acres which backs onto bush, so I am used to seeing snakes around, though I only get worried when they come so close to the house. So thank god it's gone, it was freaking me out!

lol! well, I'm glad it's collected. If you have pets or small children, snakes are a liability...

I can't imagine how I'd feel if one got that close to Willum! he wouldn't attack it, but he'd make a nice snack for a copperhead like that, so it's good he didn't do any damage to your doggies
smile.gif

OH WOW!!!! I HATE snakes, bugs, everything!!! eeewww!!!! I would be freaking out if i saw that thing!!!

oh my goodness I hate snakes, Im glad the catcher got there before it finished sunning itself. That would freak me out having it go hiding before it could be taken away. We used to get big old brown snakes on our property, I was leaving for school once and thought a big branch had falen across part of our driveway (long white pebbled winding driveway with pine trees along either side) so i stopped car got out to move it, It moved towards me...scariest moment in my life. Was a BIG fat brown snake..Sooooo (look away animal lovers) i jumped back in car and run over it on purpose..

Do you get lots of snakes around your house?

I am pleased it has been taken care of Bec
smile.gif
I hate snakes.spiders and all the creepy crawly things too. I think it was last year I had a snake behind my PC here at my office, I posted about it at the time.

I like snakes. The poor snake was probably traumatized. I'm sure that as soon as she could get to a computer she went on Snakeup Talk to complain about how she was scared by those huge, dry humans...

s-lisa-smith-albums-lisa-picture741-snakeuptalk.jpg

Yuk, I hate snakes. Glad the snake guy came and got rid of it for you. It's lucky you saw it before the dogs did!

I'm glad they were able to come and get the snake with no one hurt. I don't care much for snakes either but it's almost on their with spiders for me. The way spiders move give me the creeps.

lol lisa, snakeup talk!!

snakes freak me out so much, they're soooo gross! i'd be so scared if i saw one.

Ooh god, snakes don't scare me but my mum is deathly afraid of them. I remember finding a snake on holiday once and being like oooh a snake and when I turned around my mum was already half way down the road screaming her head off
tongue.gif

doesn't australia have the top 5 or 10 most poisonous snakes in the world? i'm not scared of snakes unless their poisonous. i would feel uneasy having that close by.

lol lisa!

I don't hate snakes. That is to say as long as i remain in my country, lol. We only have vipers and grass snakes, which are inoffensive, and not the most dangerous vipers. So as long as you don't provoke them, you will not get bitten.

The only thing i dislike about snakes is the way they move, sneaky.

I think we have a fairly large snake living under the deck in our backyard! We've seen shed snakeskin in our bushes...

I'm still more afraid of spiders, though!

I think run would not be the word I'd use if I saw a snake anywhere near front yard. It is a pretty snake though. LOL

You know, I don't fear snakes at all. In fact I think they are quite fascinating.

I live in South Western Ontario, Canada. There are only two indiginous snakes that can be found around here.

Both are non poisonous and non aggressive. It is a very sad sign of the times as there use to be several varieties of snakes.

Through the development of neighbourhoods and communities, snakes have either become extinct or have dwindles to very small numbers.

I wouldn't mind if I could see a snake again, when I walk through a ravine or wooded area.

I'm not afraid of anything unless it can hurt me lol. I'm not afraid of snakes or spiders so I'd love to go somewhere where you can hold them. I think we're pretty safe here in New Zealand, though.... but even if the snake was nonvenemous, I'd deffinitely be worried for pets.

YUCK! Snakes are so nasty! Just the other day I was reading in Cali 2 snakes escaped from the owners home and were loose in the neighborhood. One was a 23 foot long 130 pound python!! They actually said for kids and animals to stay indoors until found....and they found them both a few hours later!!

Back