Smoky Eye Sunday!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Following discussions HERE, we've decided to do a Smokey Eye Sunday on Sunday October 2nd. Feel free to post your smokey eye sooner if you wont be around to enter next Sunday!

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyones attempts! Thanks Cirean for suggesting it!

I am gonna do it before Sunday and I'll post it here.
icon_smile.gif

Since I'm going away this weekend, I did mine today

smokey1.jpg

I used:

-The Body Shop all in one foundation

-MAC "Untitled" paint

-Ben Nye "Ice" lid and highlight

-Milani "Storm" crease

-MAC "Blacktrack" fluidline top liner

-Lancome "Black" Kohl lower liner

-Lancome Hypnose mascara

-Milani "Luminous" blush

-The Body Shop "Pink" shimmerwaves

-MAC lipstick "Fabby"

-Lots of Collection 2000 clear gloss.

Attachment 5810Attachment 5811Attachment 5812

Attachment 5813Attachment 5814

Fabulous start to the thread Sirvinya! I love the pic of the side of your face & you looking up. Love it
biggrin.gif

Looks really good Sirvinya! Great photo layout too!

PS. Have a great weekend!!!

:icon_love Wow Sirvinya!!! It is soooo pretty!! luv it:icon_love Are you sure you're wearing fdtn? Your skin is so beautiful and flawless! You don't look like you have fdtn on. :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love Thanks for the pictures, I have to write down the lists of mu you used.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i already told ya on LJ, but i love it! really suits you! you've come a long way baby! LOL x
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks hunny!! xxx :icon_love

Here's mine....I know it's not Sunday yet, but I won't have the time to do the look this weekend, so I'm posting the one from last night:icon_love I went for grey.

Img1207.jpg

Img1215.jpg

Img1205.jpg

Face:

T LeClerc foundation in Caramel and pressed powder in Abricot

Ben Nye creme rouge in Coral

Eyes:

Nars e/s in Bombshell

NYC e/s in Wait Until Dark

NYC e/l

Trucco e/s in Moonshade

Lips:

Ben Nye gloss in Nude

Ooh the smokey eye is so pretty on Emmy.. Man i need to get some grey e/s! You did a great job with the blending.

Sirvinya lovely smokey look, these shades f e/s looks very good on you!!

Emmy I love your smokey look,grey e/s looks soo good on you and I got to tell yo that I like you better with your hair down!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_smile.gif
Laura, Mac has a new veluxe pearl e/s called Knight Divine I believe that you'll like. I saw the picture of the new e/s at the counter the other day. I might be wrong with the name though.

Emmy, you look good. I got too busy and didn't get my pics ready yesterday. But I shall post them here either today or tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Laura Ooh the smokey eye is so pretty on Emmy.. Man i need to get some grey e/s! You did a great job with the blending.

Sirvinja....OMG, PERFECT blending!!! the colors are all so vibrant and shimmery. and your skin looks great indeed

Emmy, you need to wear your hair down more often, it looks gorgeous that way. I love the way dark e/s and pale lips look on someone with a darker complexion. great job!

Originally Posted by Laura Ooh the smokey eye is so pretty on Emmy.. Man i need to get some grey e/s! You did a great job with the blending. Thanks sooo much, Laura
smile.gif
I love grey e/s for a smokey look...much easier to pull of than black IMO. And grey would look awesome on you.

Thanks Sophia, Charmaine, Nilufer and Andrea. I like my hair down too sometimes coz of the shape of my face:icon_love but it's soooo hard to keep it out of my face so I rarely do when going out.

Nilufer, I saw the smokey look u did on the FOTD, and you look fabulous.
claps.gif

Well here's my first ever attempt at a smokey eye. And I'm stressing the word attempt! I would have loved to use navy's for it but I don’t have any e/s that colour. Actually I don’t have many dark e/s so I ended up using only 2 eyeshadows!.. Would love advice on how to perfect this look. All comments appreciated. One thing i did notice is that i should have spent more time on my lower lash line. I can barely see the e/s in the pic! Sorry the pics aren't the best quality

FACE:

Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation

Estee Lauder DoubleWear Concealer

NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder

Shu P Pink 30 Glow On Blush

Dior Skinflash under eyes

EYES:

Products used are in the pic!

LIPS:

Rimmel Get Up & Go Lipliner

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds in Irridescent Pink

Stila Lipglaze in Watermelon

Laura I think you did really well!
claps.gif
Too bad about the Navy, I bet it would have look great!

Thanks Cirean.. Anything you would have done differently? I really do wanna learn how to do a proper smokey eye
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back