I shouldn't be here, LOL

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey!
smile.gif

My name is Jade and I'm pretty sure if any of my friends saw me here, they would laugh their asses off. I have never worn makeup in my life, save for the occasional mildly coloured lip balm and eye liner. I don't know anything about the products or ingredients or what my "colour" is or anything, lmao.

I digress
smile.gif
I joined this forum because I'm really interested in the Mineral makeups, but I'm afraid of paying $50+ just to find out that I bought a crappy brand, lol. I would love to learn a little more about it and such before jumping in
biggrin.gif

Anyways, besides that, I'm South Korean and live in CornCowsSoybeans, Indiana...I love horseback riding (rode for 10 years), art (mainly drawing and photography), hanging out, reading, watching old cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life, snowboarding, bungee jumping...anything really. I also like to talk a lot, apparently
wink.gif

Hope to meet some people who know more about this realm than I do!
smile.gif

Well in a few weeks im sure your knowledge and stash will grow in a few weeks here. lol

You think your friends would laugh.... Mine would get out the tar and feathers!! Lol. Ohh and I've been to CornCowsSoybeans, IN just south TrailerCamperRv, IN?

wc178x28_e0.gif

anisun_e0.gif
Welcome to MakeUpTalk!!
anisun_e0.gif

welcomemut-1.gif

welcome jade

a lot of mineral make up companies offer cheap or free samples so you can test stuff out before purchasing full sized jars. The place I buy my foundation from (EDM) has a free sample kit where you can choose 3 foundation colors, a concealer, and blush, and it's only a few dollars total for shipping it in the states.

I was kind of like you when I first started out with make up. No idea what colors I was, how to apply anything, where to buy it from, and my idea of wearing make up was some concealer, a spot of blush, and some tinted chapstick. (ordered a few sample kits before I found colors I liked...and I have yet to finish up a jar of blush or concealers from those sample kits which was cool haha)

i love mineral make up. (also have a south korean heritage) minerals are really forgiving. since the point is to apply it in thin layers and buff it onto your face each time, you don't have to worry so much about seeing a "line" where your makeup ends since it kind of fades into your skin, and you can apply as many layers as you want for light/heavy coverage. (both attributes are good if you're not completely confident in your ability to apply makeup or knowledge of how much make up you should use) you don't start out feeling like you've got a ton of product on your face all of a sudden.

it kind of looks more like you're slowly airbrushing away flaws instead of covering something up. and since it's literally a powder, you really can't "feel" it sitting on your skin which is awesome.

I know nothing about make up. I joined here to learn. I like to talk alot too. Hope you find all the info you need. I've been a member one day and everyone has been super friendly to me.

Thanks for such the warm welcome everyone!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif You think your friends would laugh.... Mine would get out the tar and feathers!! Lol. Ohh and I've been to CornCowsSoybeans, IN just south TrailerCamperRv, IN? LOL yeah, you and my friends both! And yep, it's just south of TrailerCamperRv and a bit west of YouGottaPurdyMouth, also known as BringBeerToSundayMorningChurch.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif welcome jade
a lot of mineral make up companies offer cheap or free samples so you can test stuff out before purchasing full sized jars. The place I buy my foundation from (EDM) has a free sample kit where you can choose 3 foundation colors, a concealer, and blush, and it's only a few dollars total for shipping it in the states.

I was kind of like you when I first started out with make up. No idea what colors I was, how to apply anything, where to buy it from, and my idea of wearing make up was some concealer, a spot of blush, and some tinted chapstick. (ordered a few sample kits before I found colors I liked...and I have yet to finish up a jar of blush or concealers from those sample kits which was cool haha)

i love mineral make up. (also have a south korean heritage) minerals are really forgiving. since the point is to apply it in thin layers and buff it onto your face each time, you don't have to worry so much about seeing a "line" where your makeup ends since it kind of fades into your skin, and you can apply as many layers as you want for light/heavy coverage. (both attributes are good if you're not completely confident in your ability to apply makeup or knowledge of how much make up you should use) you don't start out feeling like you've got a ton of product on your face all of a sudden.

it kind of looks more like you're slowly airbrushing away flaws instead of covering something up. and since it's literally a powder, you really can't "feel" it sitting on your skin which is awesome.

Yep, I just ordered the free sample kit
smile.gif
I think I got the olive medium? *Deer in headlights* I'm Asian, so I assumed that shade would work.
I do like the look of Mineral makeup on TV and ads, but I really don't know anyone who wears it that I know. Most of my friends don't wear makeup, I don't think. Or maybe they have really good mineral makeup? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

welcome! I'm Rosie from Australia! nice to meet you! There is heaps of info here, so you'll be hooked in no time
smile.gif

(and, I love Rocko's Modern Life, haha!)

Welcome!
smile.gif

I like Rocko's Modern Life too but I think my all time favorites were/are Recess and Hey Arnold! LOL

Back