What type of Shampoo/Cond do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, what type of hair care does everyone here use?

I'm a bit (and by a bit i mean A LOT) of a beauty junkie, I could probably open my own salon/spa fully stocked with product just based on my own personal inventory. Currently, I'm using Goldwell Dualsenses but will completely admit that I'm not faithful to one line, I have a little bit of this and a little bit of that. What do YOU use?

I use pantene, and sometimes Aussie. I have yet to branch out. I try not to wash it every single day but every other day or else my hair gets super dry.

Im using LUSH natural shampoo bars.. its is sooo wonderful to my hair!

Oooh I love bedhead

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif bedhead self absorbed

Bedhead Moisture Maniac!

Leaves my hair nuzzly soft, and smells sort of like their Manipulator hairgel (OMG Pina Colada-y goodness!) which I also use, so thumbs up all round!

biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oooh I love bedhead Really?! I hate, hate, hate bedhead and tigi products!

Really? They're like my favourite thing for my hair, about the only thing that'll actually leave it soft, without the horrid "soft fluffy chicken hair" syndrome.

Me, I LOVE LOVE to buy any shampoos and conditioners, and leave in's from online web hair products company that dont sell out in them stores, I love them private online hair product companies, If I do buy outside at them stores it would have to be walgreens. but I do like chagrin valley shampoo bars, but Im still eager to try any more hair products online.

I do have to say, I have some strong opinions on drug store brand shampoo's and conditioners! I'm pretty sure I'll be blasted for saying what I am about too...

Okay...why do you think there is such a price difference between what you purchase in the drugstores, and what you purchase in the salons? Some may say its the name you're paying for, however I strongly disagree...you are paying for the ingredients and quality. Professional brands rarely advertise main stream, and generally you will only see ad's in hair magazines, the way you find out about professional products is mainly through word of mouth. Drug Store bought shampoo's contain so much detergent and sulfates that if one day i ran out of laundry detergent, I could grab a bottle of herbal essence or pantene or whatever else is sold in drug stores, pour some into my washing machine and have freshly sanitized clothes. Think about that for a second, if its strong enough to clean and sanitize your dirty socks and underwear, do you really want to put something that harsh on your head?! Then we get to the conditioners....ohh where to start....the drugstore brand conditioners are made up mainly of different types of waxes that simply coat the hair cuticle and disguise damage by filling it with wax, thus why after using drugstore conditioner 99% of the time the hair will feel super soft....and why wouldnt it? you just put a ton of wax all over your head.

I've seen some cases, usually on women/men in their 40's and 50's who have used nothing but drugstore products since they were young, they come to me to get their hair coloured and wonder why the end result is blotchy and uneven.....all the wax from the products simply sits on the hair and often times wont allow the colour molecules to penetrate through, which is when we end up with an uneven tone.......ok im gonna shut up now, if anyone actually made it to the end of this post, good on ya lol

No I agree with you

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do have to say, I have some strong opinions on drug store brand shai mpoo's and conditioners! I'm pretty sure I'll be blasted for saying what I am about too...
Okay...why do you think there is such a price difference between what you purchase in the drugstores, and what you purchase in the salons? Some may say its the name you're paying for, however I strongly disagree...you are paying for the ingredients and quality. Professional brands rarely advertise main stream, and generally you will only see ad's in hair magazines, the way you find out about professional products is mainly through word of mouth. Drug Store bought shampoo's contain so much detergent and sulfates that if one day i ran out of laundry detergent, I could grab a bottle of herbal essence or pantene or whatever else is sold in drug stores, pour some into my washing machine and have freshly sanitized clothes. Think about that for a second, if its strong enough to clean and sanitize your dirty socks and underwear, do you really want to put something that harsh on your head?! Then we get to the conditioners....ohh where to start....the drugstore brand conditioners are made up mainly of different types of waxes that simply coat the hair cuticle and disguise damage by filling it with wax, thus why after using drugstore conditioner 99% of the time the hair will feel super soft....and why wouldnt it? you just put a ton of wax all over your head.

I've seen some cases, usually on women/men in their 40's and 50's who have used nothing but drugstore products since they were young, they come to me to get their hair coloured and wonder why the end result is blotchy and uneven.....all the wax from the products simply sits on the hair and often times wont allow the colour molecules to penetrate through, which is when we end up with an uneven tone.......ok im gonna shut up now, if anyone actually made it to the end of this post, good on ya lol

well I only tired three items I use Aveda , Aura,and Lush Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Really?! I hate, hate, hate bedhead and tigi products!

I was using Frederic Fekkai glossing shampoo and conditioner and loved it, but out of curiousity I bought Pantene ice shine shampoo and conditioner and I like it just as much and for way less $$ too.

I'm using Garnier Fructis right at the moment... but I am a huge Tigi fan, I love Self Absorbed... Moisture Maniac, all of them.

I'm also an Aveda fan.

I need to get me some Bedhead products.. I miss them.

Kerastase Chroma Riche

I bleach my hair alot and this shampoo and conditioner seem to undo the damage if thats possible. I think it adds back keratin, so stops breakage and also keeps the color looking fresh.

After shampoing and conditioning I use "kerastase cimente thermique" before applying any heat, that is my top secret ingredient that I reccomend to anyone who uses alot of heat in their hair...its wow, makes straigntening actually good for you hair.

i use lush shampoo bars (ultimate shine or godiva) and suave sleek conditioner (which is cone free). it's been months now and my hair's been pretty cool. i have straight, asian hair, btw. i love this combo because ever since i haven't had any split ends or any other annoying problems.

Originally Posted by chandrika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kerastase Chroma Riche
I bleach my hair alot and this shampoo and conditioner seem to undo the damage if thats possible. I think it adds back keratin, so stops breakage and also keeps the color looking fresh.

After shampoing and conditioning I use "kerastase cimente thermique" before applying any heat, that is my top secret ingredient that I reccomend to anyone who uses alot of heat in their hair...its wow, makes straigntening actually good for you hair.

I LOVE Kerastase!! It's a bit on the pricey side...actually I take that back...its very expensive but I must say it works fantastic!

Latest posts

Back