Where to buy zinc oxide that provides good coverage?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to make my own full coverage foundation. Qwerty, in one of the posts you said that the key to good coverage is the fine zinc oxide... Where can I find such ZO? Everyone seems to sell 0.16 or 0.30 micron-sized zinc oxides which are so transparent that they provide almost no coverage
frown.gif
(( I would like to buy a zinc oxide that provides enough coverage and is creamy, not chalky looking... Is that possible?

Is that something like white iron oxides? I know there are many different colors but I 've read on Make-It-Yourself! Delphi Forumthat there is something like white iron oxides and that they have some special name....
kopfkratz.gif

Please help me
eusa_wall.gif

BTW: I have already read The official make your own mmu thread!

when you will finish your own foundation I would like to know how do you make it because I'm thinking about that by myself.

good luck!

Originally Posted by farraige /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
I would like to make my own full coverage foundation. Qwerty, in one of the posts you said that the key to good coverage is the fine zinc oxide... Where can I find such ZO? Everyone seems to sell 0.16 or 0.30 micron-sized zinc oxides which are so transparent that they provide almost no coverage
frown.gif
(( I would like to buy a zinc oxide that provides enough coverage and is creamy, not chalky looking... Is that possible?

Is that something like white iron oxides? I know there are many different colors but I 've read on Make-It-Yourself! Delphi Forumthat there is something like white iron oxides and that they have some special name....
kopfkratz.gif

Please help me
eusa_wall.gif

BTW: I have already read The official make your own mmu thread!

Here's a couple of things that can help with full coverage foundation
Methicone treated Serecite Mica and Methicone treated Titanium Dioxide will both help with adhesion and coverage.

Actually higher micron zinc oxide will provide better coverage. TKB actually has a high micro zinc oxide and says how it provides fuller coverage and isn't as translucent as low micron/z-cote zinc oxide.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Hoozey /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here's a couple of things that can help with full coverage foundation
Methicone treated Serecite Mica and Methicone treated Titanium Dioxide will both help with adhesion and coverage.

Actually higher micron zinc oxide will provide better coverage. TKB actually has a high micro zinc oxide and says how it provides fuller coverage and isn't as translucent as low micron/z-cote zinc oxide.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your valuable clues
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by farraige /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you for your valuable clues
laughing.gif
Glad I could help!

Back