February Check-In

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am I the only one on a no-buy?!

I have been on a limited no buy for a while. I have been doing a lot of swapping and it has helped me not want to buy anything. Ive also returned some stuff i bought at Sephora and exchanged for stuff i know I will use.

Since Ive been using a lot of the mu i already have I have had enough B2M empties for 3 new lippies!!

So how is everyone else doing?

Urgh! I should be on a no-buy. I had intended to go on a no-buy after my birthday but then I decided to postpone it until after Hello Kitty...sometimes thinking about a no-buy is worse than not being on one because I'll think..."Ooh, I need to buy this and this and this before I cut myself off."
smile.gif

I have been better about things, though. I haven't gone into Sephora once since December. I literally walk past it everyday on my way to work. Plus, there have been several items that I wanted and normally would have purchased that I refrained from (the new Kat Von D lipsticks, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Benefit Coralista Blush...). I've also cut down on a lot of other spending...I've been taking my lunch to work everyday, we eat at home everynight except for Saturdays, and I haven't been shopping in months. Now, if I could just go ahead and commit to that no-buy. I need some encouragement, ya'll!

I am on a no-buy now haha. My mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I decided I'm getting a new laptop instead. I may not own quite as much make up as a few of you, but I pretty much own every color I could need and mix.

No-buy until the Rose Romance Collection by MAC which I will be checking out, not necessarily getting. I guess it's more of my pledge to be more stingy about it now.

I'm really tempted by a lot of stuff, but I also like what I have now. Ah decisions...

I had been doing well on my no buy from nov-jan. The only thing I did do was exchanged something at Sephora and got me Benefit Coralista and the Stila Precious Pearl Palette. I was totally waiting to splurge on MAC HK which I did. lol, now that my money is gone (even though it was a gc) I suppose I should be on another no buy until April or something :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been doing really good. Haven't bought anything this year. I was going to get some of the MAC Hello Kitty stuff, but I was greatly underwhelmed, so I decided to just save the money.

I really haven't bought anything from the HK collection yet - I do however intend to get:

Mimmy lipglass

Fashion Mews

and Fun & Games blush

As well as a paintpot/fluidine/and the studio sculpt foundation and then I def intend to go on a No Buy - and be strict on myself. LOL...Unless there is just too good of a deal to pass up! I've been buying a lot, but not using what I bought, so I'm thinking of selling it...hmm..not sure.

I've been on a no-buy for a while now, I can't even recall the last time I bought any makeup. But my birthday is this month so maybe I'll treat myself.

After the Hello Kitty event, I am now on a no-buy. I didn't buy any Hello Kitty, but I was there and bought the Dame Edna collection! Ughh ... March will be a no-buy for me.

After my last big haul, I'm going to try hard not to buy anything. Px is coming out with all new shadows and blush here in a few weeks and there are a couple shades of e/s that I want from it, but otherwise I just don't need anything. Seems like a lot of stuff i've gotten lately (especially MAC) is SO similar to what I already have, so I don't need more of the same. But this is VERY hard for me, as I tend to think make up makes me happy, and nothing else is right now, so I keep buying. Which perpetuates the unhappiness because I just owe more money. So we'll see how it goes.

Back