If You Could Live in Another Era/Time..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the 40's because I loved the clothes! I've seen The Notebook too many times and I know it's fiction but I would of loved to live in that era
tongue.gif

I think in the 70's because everything was just so simple back then. Plus every time I watch Now & Then, I wish I grew up back then when kids could just freely roam places at that young of an age and the parents knew they were safe.

Ohh god don't get me started lol I love different eras and stuff.

I think I'd like to go back to the 70's, just because I'm obsessed with the TV show Life on Mars (if you haven't seen it it's about a guy who is in a coma and gets taken back to the 70's)
tongue.gif

For some reason I like the 20s. And there are a ton of other times I'd be curious about. But I would pick sometime in the future, like a 1000 years from now. Mainly because I'd just want to know what it'd be like and see how far technology had progressed. But the 20s would be my second pick.

Originally Posted by laurafaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif Probably the 40's because I loved the clothes! I've seen The Notebook too many times and I know it's fiction but I would of loved to live in that era
tongue.gif
I just watched The Notebook again the other day and was thinking how much I loved the clothes, too! lol!

I would love to come back, in the future. I think the advancements in medicine and technology will be mind blowing!

It would be interesting to see if some of the future predictions will come true - like a robot that does all the housework lol.

I like the answer, in the future with one caveat: i want to be frozen in time (like now would be ok) and not decrepitly old.

It's a toss up between the 50's and the 80's. Although the whole women having no freedom thing wouldn't be cool. I'd pick the 80's. I would want to be 16 the year the New Kids came out, just so I could see them in concert and be obsessed with them when they wern't old men.
hehe.gif

Now I feel old... Growing up in the 70's Era!! Sign.. We still had dinosaurs back then.. Before electricity was invented!! Lol.

When I think of Eras I think of the Victorian era with long gowns and corsets and petticoats and big poofie bussles and big hats and fur muffles!! Yeah!!

Ohhh. And the 70's wasn't that much fun!! Still had parents that wouldn't let you go out on a weekday and you had to go to school!!
biggrin.gif

gee. I think 50s? or maybe the 1900s or a bit earlier, the 1850s or something? but only if I could be rich. Being poor in those times would have been awful!

I'd love to live during the Victorian Era! Somehow the idea of dressing up, having your hair done, attending evening balls, tea parties, going on weekend picnics, and horseback riding is the life I'd like to live (that is, if my dad had the title of duke or something) lol

wivespub13.jpg

I would have said the Romantic era, but I'm not a big fan of corsets for restraint (maybe as an accessory). My stomach is too nice to hide as if it were some bulging lump. =P

I'd probably go for the 20s if this had to be in the past. Hooray for the flappers! I'm also a huge fan of Clara Bow and Josephine Baker.

The future also makes me curious, but I'm not sure the sun damage is on my radar of desire. I'm not sure if I'd like it or not.

Late 1960s and 1970s, hands down! I love the music and the clothes and the attitudes of my mum's era.

Its pretty trendy to wear 70's inspired stuff here, its one of the few trends i get anything out of as other than that i wear tshirt and jeans. I have a few vintage 70's pieces, handbags and such, and i get a lot of compliments when i wear them, especially when i tell them i bought it vintage instead of buying from sportsgirl lmao.

On my wishlist at the moment is more tie dye (make it meself) and a vintage mood ring! kinda like this maybe....

8046c.jpg

God.... I had a mood ring!! Everyone had one.. Lol.. By the time the 70's hit Detroit City where I grew up, tie die was done and Disco was hot..

Ah, mood rings ! I love them !

I like the Victorian/romantic era (of course, daughter of a duke as well, Rosie and Blue i'd invite you to tea parties in my garden
wink.gif
), or the 1920s by that i mean the few selected people in Paris who could afford those "Années folles".

20's. id love to go to medeval times and be a queen, but their lack of hygene...eek!!

The victorian age would be awesome!! And if I were alive back then and still in the same family I would be living in Scotland in a castle and have an Earl (or whatever he was) for a father.... then again, that castle is now haunted...

I also love the 20s, 40s, 60s and the 80s. I love the fashion and music of all four decades.

Back