I need to make extra money! Anybody else??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been wanting to make some extra money to pay off some bills faster.

I have seen some places on the internet where they pay you to fill out surveys and opinion polls. Has anyone done this? Can you make any money at it? If so, what websites would be good ones to check out?

I don't want to get "scammed" by some of those crazies on line.

maybe try

valuedopinions.com.

I'm on the australian one, and I've made about $150 over time, but they don't give money, only vouchers. You can get some pretty good things though, supermarket vouchers, magazine subscriptions, charity donations, book vouchers, online store vouchers and even movie passes.

If I owned my own home, I'd use the supermarket vouchers to save on my groceries. I mean, it's taken me a really long time to earn what I have, and I don't NEED the extra money particularly, so I use it to treat myself, but it's definitely not a scam, and I can confirm that they do send you vouchers
smile.gif

Google the sites you find. "Is 'so and so' a scam?" and you usually find reviews of people stating whether or not the site came through with it's claims.

My best friends in Pennsylvania joined a Market Research Company and they make pretty good money doing it. I will find out the name of the company. Also have you thought of dog sitting? My best friend does that as well.

You might want to think about network marketing... if you are enthusiastic and passionate about the company and products. If not, then you might not be motivated. You really have to have the right personality and drive for network marketing. However, if you are good at it, you will be successful.

I always join those market surveys and they never workout for me. I think they dont like my answers. lol

Try becomming a "secret shopper" ....my friend does this in her spare time and gets paid quite well! ....for instance they will tell her a restuarant to go to, give her things to order and different situations to present....they pay for the meal and when she gets back..she logs onto her pc and fills out an evaluation form..and voila, she gets paid.

i've joined a few but never really stuck with them, can't remember the names! you don't really make a lot, but it's free money either way!! i had to do a lot of surveys just to make like $5.

I was thinking the same thing... But I've tried the online evaluation networks, and so far I haven't come across any that are worthwhile...

Most of the websites that say you have to pay inorder to get paid later are scams, when you see these ads telling you, you have to upgrade your membership so you could get paid loads of money, you should know this isn't for real...

there are alot of free survey sites that you might want to take a look at, but the problem is that this is never a fast way to make money as you can wait for months before they send you one survey, and if they do, most of these websites won't allow you to take more than 2 surveys a month and they only pay 5$ per survey, so after a while you'll see it was just a waste of time, but anyway if you want to try you can join yougov or global test market, i've tried these two, so i can tell you they are definitely real, other than that you can also join ipoints, or review music at slicethepie.

You could try to do some free lance work, if you have some extra time on your hands and skills of course.

I did it once and i thought it wasnt true... thought i would try it out anyways

About two weeks later i get a cheque in the mail for $52.00... brought it to the bank to make sure it was legit and sure enough it was and i cashed it.... ill get emails once in a while to fill out more but having a new little one, I dont have time to site around and do 1 hour survey's

When i get another e-mail from them, I will post the site name for you
smile.gif

All I can recommend is don't pay to join any site, those are normally the scams.

I found some websites a while back that you earn points and then can cash the points in for gifts...gift cards, clothes, etc. but I can't remember what they are.

I found this in google just now that might be some help... onlinesurveyspaid.com

I'm desperate to make more money atm. I am going to Europe in July and have saved around $8000 so far. WIth the exchange rate atm I am freaked out!

The only two sites I know is Legit is Pinecone Research and Viewpoint Forum but they are through invitation.

Once in a blue, Pinecone Research sometimes they have banners you can click on to sign up (which I happened to have found!) http://mysurvey123.com/ Click on the TOP banner where it says 'Pinecone Research' If they like your answers, they will contact you to fill out surveys. Sometimes they even send you stuff like lotions, shampoo, shower gels, detergent, etc for you to try out and then complete a survey. The stuff is yours to keep and you get $3-5 depending on the survey. I get about $50-100 a yr on this.

Another one is viewpoint forum. Each survey you do is an ac***ulation of points. Once you hit 350 pts, you can cash it out and get $10 money order by mail. I get about $50 a yr...It's not stable income, but money on the side. lol, so if anyone is interested PM me your First/Last name and email address and I will send you an invitation to sign up
smile.gif

I joined a survey site, which works with a certain number of points= a certain amount of money (sent by cheque or gift voucher in a selected list of stores). It works but it's time consuming and it's also relying on the number of surveys they get, you cannot participate to all of them depending on what category of people they need the opinion of.

One thingyou could also do is working as a mystery client, you test the product, sometimes you can also test the employees' reactions towards a difficult client, then you just fill in the form for the review on your computer. Make sure you get some compensation because these jobs demand at least a public transport pass or a car to travel around the city.

You can also test out cosmetic product (skin care mostly). I don't know if it works differently in the U.S. but in France it's the last step before the products are sold, so it's safe. Depending on the time you spend at the lab (when they check you fit in the survey, and measure your skin's oiliness for example) and how time consuming is the procedure, you get free stuff to use for a certain amount of time, and then you go back to the lab for the results.

You could also try testing meds, again this is in France the last step before they're okay to be produced and sold, and this is very controlled.

Network marketing is fast becoming, most powerful distribution growth area in business today. A key factor in network marketing is that it has little or no capital investment

Back