Some questions on NYX lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to experiment with colors, so I figured this was a good quality and inexpensive brand to do so. I'm thinking of buying off the online store.

Can anyone with a lot of experience with this brand tell me what is the difference among the NYX lip, Round and Black Label lipsticks? I don't get how they're different.

Also, is the Black Onyx shade in the Black Label line really black or is it a translucent black? What kind of color is Penelope in the Round lipstick line?

If anyone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

~B

I bought some NYX lips, so here's what i thought.

NYX round lipsticks: moisturizing, creamy great pigmentation and affordable

NYX black labels: more moisturizing, creamier and great pigment, but more expensive.

there's not a big difference between those two actually. You wouldn't even know which one's which on your lips. The packaging for black Labels are much more sophisticated with a box. Round lipsticks packaging is just as good, no box.

their regular prices on NYX is round 3.50 blacks 7.00

blacks are twice the rounds. Go for the rounds!

I totally agree with Flowind... get the rounds ones, they are so amazing. I got mine when they were $1.00 each. I have like 30 of them.

Well I just ordered mine and I bought it for 2 bucks. I guess I'll have to go with the round lipsticks, from what ive read in reviews/. but we'll see when i get the package
smile.gif

So most people seem to prefer the Round lipstick over the Black Label for value reasons. Anyone try the NYX Lip line? How about the Diamond Sparkle? No one tried the black lipstick? Lemme know your thoughts!

Also, how are the new lipglosses? I got one lipgloss years ago. It was a coppery gold and it smelled/tasted like processed engine oil. I threw that away without a second thought. How are the new ones?

NYX round lipsticks are on sale now at cherry culture for $2. and also sold NYX Round LipStick : Lip stick : Lips : Cosmetics : Makeup|Creamy and moisturizing lipstick - Nonpareil Boutique for 1.90. other nyx products are also sold on these sites and i found them to be cheaper than buying from the nyx online site =)

i love the texture and feel of the round lipsticks but i cannot compare them to the black label lipstick as i have not tried it. sorry i can't be too much of help, but i do read a beauty blogger's blog and she talks about NYX a lot. i did a quick search and found a few links that may interest you

NessasaryMakeup: Product Review: NYX Round Lipglosses

round lipgloss review

NessasaryMakeup: CherryCulture.com Product Review: NYX Black Label Lipstick in "Dusty Rose"

a review of a black label lipstick

there are more on her blog if you were interested, just type down nyx in her search engine. hope this helps!

Okey i have to ask you guys a question since i guess i go with the round lipstick but im goin to try both to just do the experiment, now my question is have any of you use the nyx eyeshadows and how this product do on

vibrancy

stay-put power

slip - blendability

i was goin to do a thread on this same product but kabuki killer just did so please anyone that uss the eyeshadow nyxtrios,the chrome and the one piece shadows ohh and the cream blushes let me know what you think please!!! Thank you guys all the responses are very good and helpfull.

I only have use the jumbo pencils in milk wich makes the cs shadows very vibrant on my color skin because the udpp dosen't help me much with the cs palette.but i have not bein able to buy the shadows from nyx or there lipgloss either.

I became a rep mainly for the discount and all the goodies you get and tbh, the black label lipsticks and round lipsticks really have no difference at all. I think it's just the packaging you're paying more for. I love them both and I think they're are some of the best lipsticks out there plus so cheap! I hated the sparkle lipsticks. They are literally all that: just sparkle. They have color but I just don't like to look like a disco ball so I hardly touched those.

NYX has too different lipglosses in particular that most ppl know about. The megashines are one of my HG lipglosses that have a weird minty scent, not taste, but the color choices are awesome and I love them. The cheaper ones, I've heard, reek of Pine Sol and the packaging sucks. The stoppers kept coming out and the pigmentation was okay. I would just stick to the megashines and they feel so smooth over my lips
smile.gif

Candy: The nyx singles have better pigmentation than the trios. They aren't bad but just not as buttery or pigmented. But, imo, they are not good without a good base. I bought a couple at one time and found that while I loved them, they still needed a base. They're one of the best in quality as far as drugstore e/s go.

Kabuki_Killer: I've not used any Diamond sparkles, since I could imagine it's gritty and I won't like it. I don't use lip liners or bought theirs. BUT I bought their lip jumbo pencil and it's multi-use for lip line and lipstick(stain). I've tried NYX jumbo lip pencil in Hot Red and it's a true red. Stay away if you're afraid of red colors. This line is moisturizing though and creamy..
smile.gif

Arienne: Actually, I like less of Megashine's cherry scent since I dis-associate with everything artificial cherry stuff. Megashine is the best lipgloss I've tried that has understated glossy finish but the texture is very different than other brands. I've read a blog and she said the NEW batch of round lip gloss smells like ice cream and the stopper works fine now! I ordered mine and I'm waiting for them to arrive in order to determine if that's true, so stay tuned!
wink.gif
I have oily lids, so every shadow regardless of brands, crease on me...

Candygalore: About the chrome product, they're fine. But I find it's messy as with other online mineral colors. Not to mention the particles are bigger in size than the mineral shadows I've tried. And you can skip this and go for NYX pearl mania instead! I like the pearl mania since their textures are finer IMO. Again their packaging kinda sucks - it's best to pour them into an empty container. I bought other NYX shadows, but haven't tried them, so I can't say on those.

Thanks, Flowind, you've been quite helpful. I'm actually not faint of red color haha. Obviously seeing as I wear blue and black lipstick too. I've just been into the heavy and colorful eye make up lately and too much red on the lips would make one look like a kid's art project. =P

xx33cupcake, I'll check her out and thanks.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never heard of this brand... It's one of the more popular brands around here...you might want to check them out! They're really great for the price.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's one of the more popular brands around here...you might want to check them out! They're really great for the price.
smile.gif
Where can you buy it?? They don't sell it at Wal Mart, Target, Walgreens etc. around here.

I am getting some of the eyeshadows from a swap though, to try : )

I ordered a lot of the NYX round lipsticks (11 of them), and i`m very disappointed in them. They were said to feel like moisturizing, but they are not. I would say they are just feeling slippery if i pile them on.

But that beeing said, i adore the Tinted Lip Spas! I love the ones i got.

Sorry that i cant help out with the darker shades, Kabuki Killer. You may have a look at the Bloom lipsticks.

Originally Posted by candygalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif sephora stores and i think ulta not to sure about ulta but i know sephora do sell this brand. They sell them at Ulta for sure, but the prices were like...the prices you see online before the discount and before the coupon code. (Shadow Trios for example, you'll see listed as $8 online, but with a [permanent] "special" price of $5, and then you buy it when you've got a 20% off coupon to get them for even less. At Ulta, they were just $8. plus tax. but I suppose you do get instant gratification as you can put it on the second you purchase it.)
It was also a very small section for Nyx products (only a handful of variety for each of the products instead of the TONS of colors you can at cherryculture/nonpareil)

I've heard the same as what Flowind has said. the price difference just seems to be a lot bigger than the quality difference and the largest actual difference you see/feel is in the packaging instead of the product.

OMG! I love NYX Round Lipsticks! Here in Hawaii we can get them for 74 cents at a local store called Don Quixote! They have a huge selection of colors and it's 74 cents! Can't beat that! LOL!

I haven't seen what NYX has been up to lately, but I can say that the lipstick that I have in the squarish black tubes are amazing. The lipgloss colors were great, but did have a strange "cheap" smell to them. I did not like any of the pencil eyeliners or lipliners. The eyeshadows are hands down freaking amazing.

Back