Sun, Sea & Sand Inspired Tutorial [Pic Heavy!]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's so cold and miserable atm so I decided to do a cheerful tutorial inspired by sun, sea and sand!

1) Start by applying your regular face makeup. I've used No7 Instant Radiance concealer for undereye circles and a tiny bit of revlon concealer to cover the spot on my chin, Virgin Vie Face Base Foundation in Ivory and Rimmel Stay matte powder. Don't be scared by my pale face! lol

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

2) The next step is to add a bit of a sunkissed look. I'm using 17 Bronzing pearls with a Too Faced soft kabuki brush. Put the bronzer where sun light would naturally hit your face: cheek bones, forehead and jawline.

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8056.jpg

3) Next I'm going to contour to make my face look more tanned. I'm using Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer but any bronzer 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone will do. Don't go much darker than that otherwise it'll just look like dirt.

IMG_8059.jpg

Suck in those cheeks!
tongue.gif
Find the hollow underneath your cheekbone and that's where your contour goes. Make sure to blend it in!

IMG_8061.jpg

IMG_8064.jpg

I also contour down the sides of my nose...

IMG_8067.jpg

4) After you contour you're going to add some highlight to your face to balance it out. I'm using Too Faced bronzer in Snow Bunny with my soft kabuki brush. I'm only using the light parts of the bronzer (the pink and the white). Any shimmery pink or white highlighter will do for this. Dust it down the center of your nose, on your forehead and at the highest bits of your cheek bones where the light would hit you.

IMG_8071.jpg

5) Use a shimmery pink blush to add colour to the cheeks. I used Rose de Jaspe by Bourjois and I applied it with a fan brush. Dust down your cheekbones to the apples of your cheeks.

IMG_8074.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

So I have my face done, now it's time for the eyes!

6) Add a eyeshadow primer or a base. You can use creme bases, shadow sticks ect. I'm using Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Put it on and blend in.

IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8083.jpg

7) Now for some colour! We're going to start off with the sun part of the tutorial. All the eyeshadows I'm using are from the 120 Beauties Factory eyeshadow palette. Use a smallish brush to put it on. Make sure to pat the colour on rather than brushing it on, this will make the colours bolder and help prevent fall out. Apply the yellow to the inner 2 thirds of the lid.

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

8) Place some sticky tape on the outer corner of the eye to give a sharp edge to your eyeshadow shape. Try to line the tape up with the outer edge of the eye and the outer edge of the eyebrow. If you don't want a harsh shape then just miss this bit out and blend the outside edge. A little tip: so the sticky tape isn't super sticky and doesn't take all your makeup off when you take the tape off, try sticking it to your hand a couple of times to take some of the sticky away but make sure it's still sticky enough to stick to your skin.

IMG_8104.jpg

9) Add a bright blue shadow to the outer edge to be the sea colour and blend with the yellow.

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8106.jpg

That looks really weird
tongue.gif

10) Add a white sparkly shadow underneath the brow bone and blend in.

IMG_8118.jpg

IMG_8120.jpg

11) Take away the tape and touch up your foundation if you need to. I'm not going to blend the line though because I want to keep the sharp edge.

IMG_8124.jpg

12) Next I used a mixture of two bronze eyeshadows (for the sand part of the look) and applied them with a wet liner brush to the lower lash line.

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

13) Liquid liner on the top lashline.

IMG_8139.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

14) Add black liner to the waterline.

IMG_8145.jpg

15) I used false lashes, if you don't want to just skip this step and go straight to mascara.

IMG_8146.jpg

16) I then used Max Factor false effect mascara on the top and bottom lashes.

IMG_8148.jpg

17) Finally, for the lips I didn't want anything too colourful because there's already a lot of colour on the eyes so I went for a natural shiny pink gloss (no7 marshmallow gloss).

IMG_8150.jpg

And here's the finished look!

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial! Thanks for looking
smile.gif

Very gorgeous Katie! You're contour skills are awesome. I love your cheekbones.

Girl, work it!!!!! You look beautiful i like it alot very pretty and your eyelashes look really good too.

Ok, now you've made up my mind for me I need this palette lol

Gorgeous look and i want your skin is beautiful!

Thanks!

Ozee- I'd really recommend it! For the quality and the amount of colours you get the price is brilliant. I never used to wear really bright colours and now I have to stop myself from going overboard lol
biggrin.gif

thank you for the "contouring" tips! i've never done it and now i'll dare to try
smile.gif

ETA: i tried it! i've always heard the "suck your cheeks" thing, but i applied the color ON the cheeks and not in the hollow. what a difference! looks great
cloud9.gif
thanks again and sorry for getting out of main topic

Back