Anyone using Bit Torrent and other file sharing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There's a service manual that I want and its available out on one of those file sharing systems for free but you have toi sign up.. Torrenttractor.net.. Anyone ever use this or a file sharing system and is it legal? Really don't want to go to jail!! Lol

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a service manual that I want and its available out on one of those file sharing systems for free but you have toi sign up.. Torrenttractor.net.. Anyone ever use this or a file sharing system and is it legal? Really don't want to go to jail!! Lol

Did you mean torrentreactor.net? Bittorrent sites are legal. People use them to distribute large LEGAL files over the web. It just so happens also that it's a great piracy tool that can distribute ILLEGAL site too.

Yeah!! The file is through torrentreactor.net and I didn't want to get caught up in some possibly illegal thingy down the road... So it really is legal?

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah!! The file is through torrentreactor.net and I didn't want to get caught up in some possibly illegal thingy down the road... So it really is legal?

Yes. It's not illegal to sell someone a car to be used to rob a bank.
wink.gif

Bittorrent sites aren't doing anything wrong, they are only proving the means to trade legal software. If it's ILLEGAL, then it's on the trader. They do track IPs, btw.

Cool!!! I'm signing up!! Will take some time to download that 750 meg service manual!! But my front wheel bearing is going out and I need to know how to replace it... Thanks T!

Mags, I've never heard of that one, is it decent?

I was using limewire but it is SO full of trojans and viruses now... my desktop comp is down with a trojan at the mo because of it
frown.gif

bit torrents are awsome you and pretty much find anything! I'm on one and its a invite only too, so its pretty safe. I love it. lols

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mags, I've never heard of that one, is it decent?
I was using limewire but it is SO full of trojans and viruses now... my desktop comp is down with a trojan at the mo because of it
frown.gif

Ugh, I hate Limewire! It really is full of crap and viruses so I quit using it. If I want something I just search it and go through megaupload or zshare. Takes a little longer but works fine with me. I think Nuri used torrents all the time but I never had.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I suggest Azureus Vuze for the software
smile.gif
IMO Azureus used to be such a great client until they bloated it with the whole Vuze thing.
uTorrent is a great full featured client with no BS.

I'm a little ticked at the whole thing right now.. I wanted this manual that torrentteactor or how ever you spell it said was on this other site.. Somekind of download site but it was like $4 for a 3 day fee which I paid but once I got access, the site said the file didn't exist?? Looks like a bait and switch scam to me.. I ended up buying the manual on dvd on ebay and chakled the $4 up to being a newbie at this..

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a little ticked at the whole thing right now.. I wanted this manual that torrentteactor or how ever you spell it said was on this other site.. Somekind of download site but it was like $4 for a 3 day fee which I paid but once I got access, the site said the file didn't exist?? Looks like a bait and switch scam to me.. I ended up buying the manual on dvd on ebay and chakled the $4 up to being a newbie at this.. karren it sounds like you're talking about downloading something from an ad that comes up first when you search for things on torrent reactor. was it a "usenet" or "download provider" link? these are shown in the external search section and are basically SCAMS. lol ignore them, even if they say like, "car manual in full" or "complete car manual" those things just put whatever you type into them in their titles.
what you want to download is a torrent client, like utorrent or something that the others have been recommending. then use torrent reactor or mininova (but not pirate bay atm as its trackers are all down because of the trials i think) to search for your car manual, and scroll right down to the results titled "torrent reactor search results"

those things are just there to steal your money!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mags, I've never heard of that one, is it decent?
frown.gif

Oh no ! Can you launch a full analysis of your comp with your antivirus ? Or do you have to reformat everything ?
Azureus is decent, okay i say that but i never use Vuze, that stuff sucks and occasionnally bugs me. I can also suggest BitComet
smile.gif

I second Mininova, that's where i get my stuff.

Karren,

i have done a lot of Bit Torrent. My advice is to steer cleer of the illegal movies. But there is plenty of legal stuff too! it is great, but if you're doing heavy downloading expect your computer to get bogged down.

I think 4shared.com is great because you don't have to download a program onto your computer and it supposedly scans all the files for viruses before it uploads them.

I like torrents, but sometimes if you're trying to download something obscure there will be no one seeding it. Or you get to 99.9% downloaded and the seeders disappear (I've had that happen). :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My boyfriend likes downloading stuff and has a premium Rapidshare account. I will not pay for these things but he will so we use Rapidshare a lot and we used to use Usenet but it can be hit or miss, even though you can get files a good bit faster. Torrents can be pretty are slow but are more reliable.

Overall we use Rapidshare the most because of the speed. If you're willing to pay for the premium account then I'd say it's the best option. For music and movies anyway.

Edit:

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use utorrent as my client, and get torrents from Mininova and Demonoid Yay Mininova! That's my go-to torrent site.
When did Suprnova come back? I checked for it just now and there it is. Did that not disappear or am I imagining things?

Latest posts

Back