I Met Kat Von D!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kat Von D had a booksigning at my local bookstore and you know I was one of the first in line. It was awesome! She's even more beautiful in real life and she's so sweet. She was so nice to everyone; especially the kids! When I got to meet her, she told me she loved my makeup and asked what I was wearing; I told her it was Metal Orchestra from her line and she said it had never looked that good on her. I told her I was a makeup artist and, I swear to God, her eyes lit up and she said, "Rock on! That's so badass. That's totally what I would be doing if I didn't do tattoos." Then she high-fived me! We talked for a few minutes about the new stuff she has coming out for Spring (from the looks of it, the new palette will be plummy browns, and sparkly golds) and then she told me I "was rocking some badass makeup skills" and she was proud to have someone like me wearing her line! By that point the Barnes and Noble people were hustling me away but as I turned to leave she yelled out, "And thanks for rocking it so hard! You're badass!" EEK! Unfortunately, I was so excited that I forget to get a picture with her before I got hustled off but it doesn't even matter. I feel so cool right now! Kat Von D thinks I'm talented and badass!? As Rachel Zoe would say, I DIE!!

She's so beautiful!

l_34f8517594ee44c7b65886cf8bdbb466.jpg

l_4bf6989d19f24998a1ed1efb5d66d10d.jpg

l_8d2bb4e7c8594664973b2f74704045ab.jpg

All you can see is my back but it's the only pic I have with both of us in it.
frown.gif

019.jpg

My FOTD: I wore Metal Orchestra and Lolita Lipstick.

006-12.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-3.jpg

And my OOTD:

003.jpg

Sorry for the pic overload, I just wanted to keep everything contained to one post.

Omg, soooo cool Faith! I'm jealous! Thanks so much for sharing, and your makeup looks great!

That's awesome! Your makeup does look amazing, as per usual. I'm jealous you got to meet her! I love her. And her Spring palette sounds like it'll be really nice. I'm pumped.

Originally Posted by esha /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's awesome! Your makeup does look amazing, as per usual. I'm jealous you got to meet her! I love her. And her Spring palette sounds like it'll be really nice. I'm pumped. Thank you! She had a beautiful sparkly, metalic gold eyeshadow on her inner V that looked beautiful! I'd love to get my hands on that.

haha, thats so awesome!

And, as if you're NOT badass! you so totally are. I'm not surprised she said that
biggrin.gif

I probably would've passed out right there if she was talking to me like that.

I have been absolutely in love with her from the moment I saw her in miami ink.

haha woooow you lucky ass girl!

I probably would've passed out right there if she was talking to me like that.

I have been absolutely in love with her from the moment I saw her in miami ink.

haha woooow you lucky ass girl!

Kat Von D is the bomb!! She's beautiful, and she's right, you are a badass with makeup.

BTW, is it just me, or does it look like KVD has lost alot of weight??

Originally Posted by Fataliya /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kat Von D is the bomb!! She's beautiful, and she's right, you are a badass with makeup.BTW, is it just me, or does it look like KVD has lost alot of weight?? Definetly looks like shes lost some weight

Wow!! You both look awesome!! She look different in person but still great!!

OMG! I love Kat Von D! And you looked absolutely gorgeous so no wonder she was raving your skills.
smile.gif

That is SO cool!!!!!!!!!! How awesome that she thinks her own makeup line looks better on you! You rock!!!
rockwoot.gif
And I'm so excited about her new stuff coming out. That sounds really pretty!

Originally Posted by Fataliya /img/forum/go_quote.gif BTW, is it just me, or does it look like KVD has lost alot of weight?? She didn't look as thin in person as she does in my pics; she looks likes she's naturally thin but she doesn't look "skinny." She was so graceful, too. It's hard to walk gracefully in platform stripper shoes but she managed to do so. Makes me want to work on my posture.

woah she is a lot skinnier looking than she is on tv, i guess what they say about tthe tv adding pounds is true

You should feel cool faith! I would definitely feel badass lol Kat looks great and you looked equally hotter...congrats girl!
smile.gif

Back