emily_3383

The I hit pan on...thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

This happened to me with my full size of klorane dry shampoo.  I love the stuff, but it is so expensive, I couldn't believe how little was in there :|

yikes. good to know. i just got a full sized one with my beautysage ruelala voucher. i've been good recently and have been showering enough to not need to use dry shampoo :laughing:. I didn't get too many uses out of the sample can from Birchbox. I should've taken that as a sign! I still love it though, just too expensive to justify purchasing with it on a serious discount :/

I recently hit pan on two powders: a green-tinted powder from P2 (german drugstore brand) to neutralize redness, and a Rimmel Stay Matte powder. 

I just hit pan on my favorite blush!

It's also a bit sad, because I really love it and I can't buy it anymore. luckily I have other great blushes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misame View Post

I just hit pan on my favorite blush!

It's also a bit sad, because I really love it and I can't buy it anymore. luckily I have other great blushes.

Sad! What was it?

A 99 cent blush I found in a store that sells all kinds of discontinued products or very cheap (china produced) items. It's called Action (I'm pretty sure it only exists in the Netherlands). They had this blush from the brand MAX in the shade 032 rosewood, a light matte (with a little glimmer here and there) peach pink color (similar to the balm fratboy, but lighter and less reddish), it's so smooth and, soft and buttery and longlasting. It really was my favorite blush, I repurchased it once, but now I am hitting pan on that one too.

But appearantly I wasn't the only one to enjoy the blushes, because they upgraded the packaging and carry it now permanently. Unfortunately it isn't the same product anymore. The brand and shade name are the same, but the color is now a dark pink and very stiff and hard to use, it also smells like cheap makeup. Nothing like the blush I got before.

Once it's completely done I am just going to go on and use fratboy instead, it looks kind of similar on the cheeks.

I feel the same with NYX Stay Matte not Flat powder foundation - I feel I bought that a month ago too and hit major pan on it - but didnt really use that everday.

I do find that you use way less product with a brush than the sponge it comes with - so it will last you much longer, but the coverage is no wear near as it would be with the sponge.

Just hit "baby" pan on my NYC Sunny Bronzer -

My 2nd one, and I have a brand new backup one waiting to be cracked open.

Hit pan on my MAC White Frost!

For powders; I hot pan on NARS Light Reflecting pressed. And speaking of pan, I need a new Rimmel Sun Bronze, mine is so panny that it's falling apart!

Top 2 colors in my Avon Sandy Corals quad.  Bottom shadow on left is close to hitting pan.

Bobbi Brown rose gold e/s

First 2 shades in top row of Lorac Unzipped palette

Rimmel stay matte powder

Avon glow bronzer

L'Oreal true match blush

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea97 View Post

Top 2 colors in my Avon Sandy Corals quad.  Bottom shadow on left is close to hitting pan.

Bobbi Brown rose gold e/s

First 2 shades in top row of Lorac Unzipped palette

Rimmel stay matte powder

Avon glow bronzer

L'Oreal true match blush

how long did it take  you to hit pan on that lovely bobby brown e/s? and how often did you use it? I am always astounded at people who can hit pan on multiple eyeshadows with what seems like absolute ease. 

LL Seeing pictures is extra satisfying Lol! Good job! Top 2 colors in my Avon Sandy Corals quad.  Bottom shadow on left is close to hitting pan. Bobbi Brown rose gold e/s First 2 shades in top row of Lorac Unzipped palette Rimmel stay matte powder Avon glow bronzer L'Oreal true match blush

how long did it take  you to hit pan on that lovely bobby brown e/s? and how often did you use it? I am always astounded at people who can hit pan on multiple eyeshadows with what seems like absolute ease. 
I think I got the Bobbi Brown e/s around April? It was my favorite & I wore it almost everyday as a wash of color. I hit pan probably by August. I got the Lorac palette last Christmas. Can u tell I have a thing for rose golds? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

I hit pan on my MAC Blot Powder!!!! This is exciting for me! I haven't hit pan on anything in years!

Woop woop! Way to go. Mac powders seem to take lifetimes. I keep digging at the same studio fix powder and though there's a huge dent, it feels like it never ends...no pan yet. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by azalea97 View Post

I think I got the Bobbi Brown e/s around April? It was my favorite & I wore it almost everyday as a wash of color. I hit pan probably by August.

I got the Lorac palette last Christmas. Can u tell I have a thing for rose golds? Lol

I can't blame you. I LOVE rose gold. It's such a pretty color on any skin tone. 

I'm flabbergasted that you lovely ladies can hit pans on those products. I get bored with products too easily to use something consistently until I hit pan. I think I will be more sad than anything when I finally do, that means I'll have to go purchase more. I'm dreading the day I hit pan on my Chanel powder. Well worth the price tag but it still makes me cringe.

Most recently I have hit pan on the bare minerals mineral veil I keep in purse and the one in my vanity, two of the colors in my naked basics palette, and my benefit hervana blush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushingsooner View Post

I hit pan on two things over the last couple days :
Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed powder
TheBalm Nude'tude palette - Selfish e/s

hitting pan on nudetude e/s - that's impressive! that stuff is so pigmented you need so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMami View Post

hitting pan on nudetude e/s - that's impressive! that stuff is so pigmented you need so little

Yah I don't know why I hit pan on that one color so fast... My other ones look like they're barely touched but I just plowed through that color for some reason.