Full Face - Arabic Inspired - Orange/Gold/Glitter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
This tutorial is an Arabic makeup inspired look. Let me show you what I mean by the Arabic style:

3317987774_9067fc84f1.jpg

3317161141_0917ef87a4.jpg

The makeup style is very dramatic, with use of at least three different eyeshadow colors. Shimmer is a must have!! I am adding glitter to my tutorial just for fun, you don't have to use it, but I like it!

We are gonna start off using some different foundation than I used in the last tutorial. No purpose, just to show how different foundations look.

3317976226_aac62fcb0c.jpg

I used Estee Lauder Ideal Matte (a bit like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse) in Ivory, using my fingers, and on top of that, I used a light coat of Jane Iredale Amazing Base in Cool Sand using my Bare Escentuals Handy Buki brush, which is a really stiff and dense brush that picks up a lot of product.

3317149433_a548f31355.jpg

This is my usual MAC Showstopper shadow used as my eyebrow filler. Pictured is the Brandon brand brush which can be found at some beauty supply stores and drug stores, look for it online, I have seen it around.

3317976278_c622b2a4fd.jpg

I didn't use a brow stencil this time, I just freehanded the arches, using short strokes.

3317149477_164fb66081.jpg

On to the eyes! From the left: Sample size Urban Decay Primer Potion, NARS eyeshadow Duo (discontinued) Mediteranee, Urban Decay Heavy Metal gold glitter eyeliner, EMANI loose mineral shadow #167, Maybelline Lash Stylist mascara.

3317149495_6443e17c91.jpg

I primed my eyes with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, patted down a light coat of the lighter color of the eyeshadow duo (light gold shimmer) and lightly patted a layer of the EMANI mineral shadow under the brow and in the inner corners and outer corners of the eyes.

3317976346_56b428c0b1.jpg

This is the tricky part! The hardest part of the tutorial.. so pay attention!!! hahaha! Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I picked up some of the darker orange shadow from the NARS duo, and patted it down the middle of my eyelid, stopping in the crease. Some of the shadow may fall on the lashes or face, that's okay, we will clean that up after we are done with the eyes.

3317149549_45568971ed.jpg

Next step is the contour color, which is the awesome and versatile MAC eyeshadow called Sketch. It's a beautiful dark burgundy shade with a slight reddish shimmer. This shadow looks awesome over the top of black eyeliner, which I won't do in this tutorial, but I am just suggesting that you try it out.

3317976376_ec576e6fb4.jpg

Make sure you wipe your brushes off when changing colors! I tapped my flat eyeshadow brush into the MAC Sketch eyeshadow and very carefully patted the shadow next to the orange stripe, up into the crease. Do not blend yet, just leave it there!

3317149601_8f80996d11.jpg

Using a very small shadow brush (I used Lancome's Smudger Brush #10 $24.50) I lined my bottom outer corners with the Sketch eyeshadow, bringing the line up into the crease.

3317149621_5133659e14.jpg

This the part where people have the most trouble. BLENDING! Ugh.. I know, it's a total drag, but if you practice enough, you will be a pro. I used a MAC #224 tapered blending brush . Starting from the outer corner of the lower lid of the eye, I use small light strokes to bring the burgundy shadow into the orange shadow. Once it looks blended with no seam, I start bringing the outer edge of the crease into the center, blending over the orange and towards the inner corner of the eye. I had to pick up more of the burgundy shadow to make the crease color a little darker. The trick to blending the outer corner crease color is to use circular motions with the brush. See the blended eye on the left, unblended on the right to see the difference. If some of the orange shadow faded a lot during the blending process, pat a little bit more back on and blend.

3317149641_3170c3e3d8.jpg

Above is the finished blended look. I had to add a little bit more of the EMANI loose mineral shadow to the corners of the eyes and brought a little bit up into the corner of the crease of the inner eye to help blend the burgundy shadow a little bit more.

3317976450_1cf30c246a.jpg

I lined my eyes with Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in Black Ink, lining the inner rim of my bottom lid is pretty easy with the gel liner.

3317976476_d11fd54589.jpg

This is totally optional, GLITTER!!! To add more drama and glam to your look, add a little glitter. I really love this Urban Decay Heavy Metal glitter liner, it is really easy to use and stays on all day. I dabbed a little in the inner corners and painted a line of glitter right above my upper lid eyeliner, as you see in the photo.

3317149737_1a8fa59c97.jpg

I finished off my eyes with a bit of Sketch shadow lining the bottom lid line using that lovely Lancome brush I mentioned earlier. I dabbed a little glitter in the inner bottom corners. I used my favorite mascara, Maybelline Lash Stylish on top and bottom lashes. In this picture, I added Benefit's Dallas blush in the hollows of my cheeks (I made the fish face and sucked in my cheeks to find the hollows!)

3317976582_6d50039743.jpg

After I applied Dallas to the hollows of my cheeks to create a slimming and bronzing effect, I applied Jordana blush called A Touch of Pink, which is actually not pink, it's more coral/orange, but it's cute! It's a matte blush which I found at the 99 cent store. Jordana is a very inexpensive brand and you may find it at Long's drugs, flea markets, but check online if you can't find it there. I wanted a little highlight on my face, but I wanted to try something that I had in my makeup collection that I had not tried in a while. I used Pop Beauty Glam Jam in Spring Time. It's a highlighting product that I find hard to use because it's moist. I usually prefer powder highlighters, but I liked the pinky gold tones in this and I wanted to give it a shot. I squeezed out a small amount on my fingers and pressed it into three other fingers, patting it on my face, not rubbing. I concentrated on the cheek bones, bridge of nose and forehead areas.

3317976608_a5fa8c9a5e.jpg

Next for the lips. I really do love the Urban Decay 24/7 lipliners.. especially Naked. It's the perfect nude shade, a little on the mauve brown side, and it stays on a pretty long time. The lipgloss I used was a <a href="http://www.tartecosmetics.com/item.php?id=90">limited edition Tarte lipgloss from the Purse your Lips collection</a>. These glosses are all wonderful and packed with vitamins and minerals.. even acai berry extract!! I highly recommend purchasing this adorable limited edition collection. Although I do not know the name of the gloss, it is a peachy - gold - pink sheer color. A bit iridescent. Over the top of that, I dabbed a very small amount of the EMANI loose mineral shadow that we used earlier, in the middle of my bottom lip and pressed together. I blended it around a little with my finger.

3317976632_46115b0a33.jpg

All done! You can see the full effect of the EMANI mineral shadow under my eyebrow and the Pop Beauty shimmer cream on my cheek bone.

3317149869_21ba6a6e0a.jpg

Back