Your Favorite Remedies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!,

I was wondering how many of you do home remedies? if you do which one is your favorite? I'm looking for facial, hair and teeth whiting ones..

Thank you!

Let's see, i swear by clay masks, green, white, pink and rhassoul.

Baking soda mixed with my cleanser, works just as well as a store bought facescrub, and i always have some in the kitchen.

Although it's not my favorite oil, olive oil is good on your body or hair.

Brown sugar and olive oil (sometimes mixed with coconut oil) make a wonderful bodyscrub.

Tea tree, grapefruit, lemon, lavender essential oils are fantastic as spot treatments.

Although it's more about health, peppermint essential oil is a great helper when one has a headache.

For hair, go for coconut or baobab oils as hair treatments, i keep shea and mango butters for my ends.

Witch hazel water is perfect to remove the last remains of mascara on your eyes.

Palmarosa essential oil makes a great deodorant, especially combined with alum stone.

Hello

for lots of recipes on homemade products see

www.snowdriftfarm.com/formulary.html

some of my favorites

rosemary herbal infusion for the hair (dark hair)

applecider vinegar hair rinse ( dark hair)

baking soda teeth

bathsalts: jar of seasalt baking soda sprigs rosemary herb perhaps some epsom salt added

hair sheabutter with a few drops of e.o. geranium , lavender , 5% rose e.o.

1 or 2 hours before washing hair add just a little virgin olive oil with powdered cinnamon to hair I have one of those mini single serving Bonne Maman jam jars for this blend of hair oil

sleeping pillow filled with lots of dried lavender flowers just sew up 2 cotton cloth squares

perfume-oil almond oil base add several drops 5% rose e.o. lavender e.o. amd a small piece bourbon vanilla pod leave to ripen for a few weeks

cologne vodka any type will do add pink grapefruit citruspeel leave to stand 2 months sieve and you have cologne you can make variations adding different citrus like mandarin orange lime lemon etc combinations of these for an added zing add allspice whole like 6 to 8 beriies allspice

strain the cologne using coffee filters

there are many many books on this subject see www.amazon.com

some added tips I keep monday for making homemade products

save all empty glass jars from food cosmetics etc which I think I can reuse wash them well first with soap than with baking soda then sterilize in oven 100 Celsius

you can embellish your bottles with leftover cord ribbon stickers use gelpens for text calligraphy etc

hmm aspirin mask (reduces redness & inflammation) just take 3-4 lightly coated or noncoated aspirin & let them dissolve in your palm with a few drips of water until it makes a paste..then apply to your face & wipe off after 10-15 min.

i used to apply plain yogurt mixed with something else? i forgot! but the yogurt itself is supposed to be good for your skin.

hair- mixture of 2 tbsp mayo & 2-3 eggs > protein treatment for hair. smells funny but makes hair stronger..

bakeing soda for whitening your teeth and also water peroxide

aspiring for my face.

honey with brown sugar as your face scrub but because it has brown colors it helps people with dark skin like me.

goat milk for your face helps sooth your skin after goin to the beach.

garlic is perfect for nails because it fortifies them.

aloe vera but pure as the plant cut it in the middle peal the green out of skin blend the transparentl looking pulp and let it stay in your hair it stinks so you are goin to at least wash your hair 3 times let it stay for like 40 minutes.

Extra virgin olive oil! it contains squalane which is very good for the skin. I sometimes use it in my hair before i wash it, too.

I use aspirin mask like '4get me Not'. But i grind my aspirin up and mix it with a tiny drop of water and some honey as honey is exfoliating on the skin. It makes my skin so soft and spots smaller. The only downside is it flakes off your face, but i find that adding honey helps bind it to your skin more.

Toner: 2 oz aloe, 1/2 t honey, 1/4 t vinegar. Good for dry and sensitive skin. Aloe for about everything.

another good mask is porridge oats, yoghurt and honey. its really soothing and the oats work as an exfoliator and skin lightener (though i've never noticed this) if you massage it slightly when you rinse it off.

I have yet to try this but I've heard that a honey mask works wonders for acne.

Latest posts

Back