Zinc oxide

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to use zinx oxide for a sunblock on my face. Would I put this over or under my moisturizer? I walk everyday and the sun is killing my face. I need extra protection. My moisturizer has a 20spf as well. Thanks

I would put it on after your moisturizer. When applying facial products, you want to put on anything that has to be absorbed to the skin first and then put sunblock on top.

Thanks everyone. I tried it and actually my makeup went on really good after the zinc oxide absorbed in a few minutes.

I guess u have already got ur answer.. First goes the moisturizer and then on top of it.. the sunscreen that protects the skin against sunlight. If you dont like applying too many lotions you can try the Innovative Skincare SPF 20 Powder Sunscreen. Its a powder sunscreen that you caneasily dab on ur face.

do anyu of you think that will all the buffing and stippling we do to apply all our makeup steps, do you all think that takes off that zinc oxide sunscreen??  Since it is a physical sunscreen, if it gets removed, it doesn't work?  Also, with my zinc oxide sunscreen, it's got oils in it, so I don't even need a primer with my makeup when I use sunscreen under it!

Back