Bio Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just saw a commercial for Bio Oil, and I wanted to see if any of you have used it. I checked to see if there were any other threads on this topic, but none came up. Sorry if I missed one. Anyways, I know nothing can get rid of stretch marks, but they can be lightened or even faded a little, right? I just wanted to see if anyone here had tried Bio Oil. I also wanted to know where could I get it/ how much it costs/what results did you see.

Thanks guys!

I don't remember seeing any.. So what's it about?

Bio Oil sounds too much like Bio Diesel! Maybe its the same thing? Lol.

There's not a lot you can do to remove stretch marks.

Fraxel laser surgery might help - but quite expensive. Retin A has been shown to be somewhat effective - a doctor would prescribe it and explain how to use it properly.

I know that Bio oil advertises that it can help remove stretch marks. But I would like to see independent clinical trial results, that have been published, to verify their claim.

I tried Bio Oil religiously twice a day for 2 months on scars from surgery and on stretch marks and I didn't notice any improvements. It says you'll see results in about 3 months, but I gave up after seeing nothing... I bought it at Walmart and it was around 11-12$CAD and one bottle lasted me one month.

Hope that helps!

I used Bio Oil religiously also for 4 months....I have a scar from a past sugruy I wanted to see if it would fade it....I only continued using it for so long becuase like Jolanka says, it does state that it takes 3 months to see results. It made no difference what so ever!

I've used it and I don't know if it was time healing/fading them or the actual bio oil, but I noticed a fairly decent result from using bio oil.

I guess people who have been trying to eliminate the appearance of their stretch marks have these kind of stories to share. I have heard about Bio Gel by NeoCutis.. It seems to promise to eliminate stretch marks as well.

Is there any product that really lightens stretch marks?? I am not even hoping for complete elimination..

Originally Posted by marilynnsyrett /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess people who have been trying to eliminate the appearance of their stretch marks have these kind of stories to share. I have heard about Bio Gel by NeoCutis.. It seems to promise to eliminate stretch marks as well.
Is there any product that really lightens stretch marks?? I am not even hoping for complete elimination..

If they are deep-set, not really.

I didn't see much difference after using up one bottle of Bio oil and didn't repurchase it. Same for emu oil. Then a friend recommended a special stretch mark treatment cream which has really worked. My stretch marks (a couple of years old) were a lot lightened at the end of one month and are still improving every week. The cream is made by Robelyn Labs and it's called Elastin Advanced Stretch Mark Treatment. It's worth trying. I don't know if the marks will be completely faded but I have high hopes they will at least be markedly less noticeable.

I don't think it makes much difference to stretch marks- nothing can really as its the under layers of your skin tearing with rapid growth. Just have to wait till they fade
frown.gif

Also surgery scars are quite deep, my mum is trying it after her recent surgery and i think its good for her, as it is helping keep the raised scars soft as they heal. Old scars may be more of a problem?

I use it every night on my face, i have acne and it has cleared up a lot since i started using this, and i have noticed my scars fading faster also. So maybe its better at gentle scarring, like mild acne scars? Makes my skin really soft in the mornings also.

I really do like it but i think the claims it makes are a bit exaggerated!

ive been using it on my scars for a while and i think its been working cuz my scars seem to have faded a little more.

the lotion alone wouldnt remove scars/strech marks. u also gotta massage them.

i dont recommend using it on the face though. it gave me acne and milia
frown.gif

Originally Posted by purplejasmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif ive been using it on my scars for a while and i think its been working cuz my scars seem to have faded a little more. the lotion alone wouldnt remove scars/strech marks. u also gotta massage them.

<b>i dont recommend using it on the face though. it gave me acne and milia
frown.gif
</b>

Really? Oh dear, not good! I have really bad oily, acne prone skin and it has never made my acne worse? Its been helping clear mine up (and the scars). Probably just different strokes for different folks! Hope your skins better now
smile.gif

I agree that it should be massaged in loads. That helps with scarring a lot.

I used a whole bottle, the $11.00 one, and saw no improvements. The walgreens scar cream works better than bio oil.

Yeah, Retin-A works for stretch marks. I've heard good things about Bio Oil. I wanna try it.

idk about most things, but i have found on my strech marks that maderma works wonderfully on hellping them fade, same with palmers cocoa butter lotion.

also if you are planing on getting tan i would advise to use fake tanner becauase otherwise your skin will tan but the streach marks wont and they will stand out more.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif also if you are planing on getting tan i would advise to use fake tanner becauase otherwise your skin will tan but the streach marks wont and they will stand out more. Not necessarily true, tanning makes my white stretch marks disappear and are way less visible then when I am not tanned at all.

A little late, but I've used Bio Oil before. It didn't seem to help with my stretch marks at all. And I tried using it on my face for acne scars, but just like someone else said, it broke me out. I don't think it's really worth the money. Just buy some cheap lotion to keep your skin moisturized and massage it in to keep your skin from getting too tight so it doesn't tear. I think that's the main thing to do. It should at least prevent more from coming or reduce the amount.

Oh and I used the product as directed for at LEAST 4 months, probably a lot longer by now. I massaged it in when my skin was wet so I used less product. I'm still using it to finish the bottle but I won't repurchase.

I haven't heard much about Bio Oil but I have heard good things about the Copper Serum from lurebeauty.com, for fading stretch marks and other deep skin issues like hyper-pigmentation. I ordered some recently so I'll let you know how it works out.

Back