Second Life

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Second Life? It's like a virtual reality. I heard about it on tv last night and thought it sounded pretty cool. It literally is a second life! You can make yourself look any way you want and even have a real life career on this site. If you don't like your life, this is science fiction - make your life. I joined but can't run the software required.
frown.gif

I can't believe I hadn't heard of it sooner! I love changing my look. I don't usually change too much, but I'd get rid of my glasses, have a really cool hair style... and maybe make me a bit taller....

i've heard about it and watched a short do***entry involving the creator i think.

It looks like a more modern version of -World chats-, i was sooo addicted to that when I was in highschool lol.

It's like a world you can pretty much control - it would be addictive
smile.gif

These virtual reality games are the only video games I play.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm too busy with my first life to do Second Life, although it sounds cool! Me too, this isn't one of those sites that you have relationships and whatnot is it?

They made us use this for an experiment at school. I wasn't very good at it cos I was just like ohh it's just a game nothing bad can happen so I just ran around everywhere and changed my hair loads and then I was like oh, you have to actually get jobs and stuff? I didn't know that!
tongue.gif

lol I only do those kinds of games for changing my look.
smile.gif
Once I get a computer that can run the software, I might see exactly how those jobs things works.
smile.gif

I think it is kind of similar to the sims, except it's over the internet, so you can meet and marry other 'second life' characters.

There have been a lot of stories of people who have applied for divorce after finding out their partner has a wife or a husband on second life.

I don't think I'd want to get involved in it!

My friend got really into Second Life a couple years ago. I never saw her during that time.
frown.gif
She's gotten away from it a little bit now, actually going out and socializing again. It sounds like fun, but I think it's pretty addictive. Just be careful that it doesn't take over your whole life!

I already have two lives.. I don't think I could handle a third one!! Lol.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif There have been a lot of stories of people who have applied for divorce after finding out their partner has a wife or a husband on second life.
I don't think I'd want to get involved in it!

I've heard TONS of stories about this second life thing ruining relationships because of how intimate you can get with other players on this game. I'm against it personally, I don't need a second life or a second 'boyfriend' for that matter. I don't really understand it to be honest.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm too busy with my first life to do Second Life, although it sounds cool! LOL! But it does sound cool. I saw something about it on MTV's TRUE LIFE.

Absolutely true.

I don't think I'd ever get 'involved' with anyone online, that just sounds wrong. I just like the whole imagination side you can put into it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I already have two lives.. I don't think I could handle a third one!! Lol. LOL Karren.. that gave me a huge smile
wink.gif

Back