Grr! MAC Hello Kitty brush keeps bleeding. What to do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I called customer service, and my only option is a return since they are sold out. The customer service rep told me I am the only one who has called about this issue. My 187 brush keeps bleeding the dye. I have washed it 5 or 6 times now, and still lots of dye washes out! I swear the black bristles are now a charcoal gray. I am so bummed!

Mine bleeds when I clean it. I spray MAC brush cleanser on it, and then brush it on to a towel...and the towel turns a dark grey/black.

I've tried washing with baby shampoo and it still happens. I just figure it's cuz they're not made as well as the regular line?

That's really odd, L!!! Do any of the other MAC brushes bleed like that?

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's really odd, L!!! Do any of the other MAC brushes bleed like that? Not sure. The blush one I haven't really used, and the eyeshadow brush it comes with has white bristles. I think I am done with MAC.

I have heard a million times that that particular hk brush bleeds. Crappy quality from those LE brushes as always
frown.gif
I vote return it

Thanks all. I have it all packaged up now to send back. I am also sending back my Popster lip gloss. Way too Barbie pink for my tastes. I am going to take my money to the Coach outlet.
biggrin.gif
I did take a picture of the suckage first. The skunk brush in the background is my Ulta professional brush. You can see how much color has washed out already, and it seems to have collected in the white bristles even though it was laid flat to dry.

img5538.jpg

img5534k.jpg

img5537.jpg

yeah i'm not too fond of the 187se in the HK line. it looks nothing like the regular 187. it looks like a totally different hair was used (the black hairs in the 187se in HK had a very shiny look) and it doesn't work like my regular 187 does, it's wayy too flimsy..

I'm definitely going to have to work some full size brushes into my stash, even if it is one brush at a time.

Originally Posted by Fataliya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm definitely going to have to work some full size brushes into my stash, even if it is one brush at a time. Yeah the fullsize are better. One at time is the best way to go.

I was disappointed in that it wasn't a real dual fiber skunk brush. Looks like they took a bunch of white fibers and dyed the inner part black to leave the tips white. That's why it keeps bleeding the color so much. It's a useful brush, but the bleeding dye drives me batty too.

Latest posts

Back