Sign in to follow this  
magneticheart

Age Gap Relationships: What Do You Think?

Originally Posted by magneticheart View Post
Also as far as maturity goes it must be difficult for a 40 year old woman to date a 20 year old guy.
I would say a 40 year old woman going for a 20 year old guy isn't going for maturity. Nor 40 year old women going for 20 year old woman for that matter.

Not to say there aren't mature 20 year olds. I think it's easy to forget how individual people are, no matter what the age. I think the two people actually in the relationship are the best judges of whether or not it's a good fit, regardless of having outsiders (such as ourselves) rain judgement upon them.

Okay smile.gif

Oddly enough, men my own age seem to pale in comparison all of a sudden. Maybe it's because those who I am/have been mates with, do seem to be pretty immature, I don't know...and I'm finding also that some guys I know who are 5+ years younger than me, tend to be way too serious and have no concept of having fun. Not sure why though confused.gif

My boyfriend is 33 and I'm 20. We met when I was 19 and he was 32. But when I'm with him, I forget there is any age difference at all. I didn't exactly mean to fall in love with him at first, but I did. And there became a point where I stopped denying it. We both love each other no matter what and I'd do anything for that man smile.gif

oh and we're both dirt poor so it wasn't because of money haha.

My fiance is 6 years older than me, 7 when he has his birthday in April and I have mine in July. lol I tease him about that, haha, for 3 months, you're 7 years older than me! And I also pick on him about robbing the cradle.

But, he's 41 and I'm 35 and we couldn't be more suited for each other. The funny thing is we totally met by accident. I messaged him on the website we met on and said, "I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner." when he never actually messaged me in the first place.

It's not about money whatsoever. I'm the one that makes more money, he is on disability with multiple sclerosis.

We have been together a year and 3 months and are getting married on October 15th. Couldn't be happier.

There's a lot of reasons for age gap relationships. If they're for the right reasons (like love and happiness), then I think it's very sweet. But I've seen age gap relationships happen for all the wrong reasons, and those bother me. I've seen men in their 20s chase 13/14-year-old girls because they're so much more naive than girls his age and easier to get in bed (well, in theory). Things like that are kinda sick. If all relationships were based off of love and the desire for happiness, I wouldn't have a problem with them. But when it's about sex, money, or otherwise taking advantage of someone, that's when there's a problem.

The bottom line is that to me, it depends on the situation.

I dont think there is any thing wong with an age gap.My bf is 14 years older than me im 21 hes 35.Iv never meet a man that i had so much in comman with.He is the love of my life I couldnt askl for any one better.I think it depends on the people iv meet men that were in the 40s and had a maturaty level of a 20 year old.

My current boyfriend is 8 years older than me.  I've dated up to 11 years older and 8 years younger.  It all depends so much on the people involved, the maturity level, and the stages of life that each person is in.  I've had great experiences on both ends of the spectrum. 

My bf and I are 10 years apart, I am older. We were friends for a time beforehand and we were just drawn to each other. We've been together for almost 3 years. I hate it when people make so much out of a number. It's about so much more than that. shy.gif

My sister only dates men 10+ years older than herself because she genuinely believes guys her age are immature and not established enough (she is a 27 year old successful business owner btw). My husband and I are only 2 weeks apart so we celebrate our birthdays together :) 

I'm really interested and kinda pleased to see that a few other ladies here have similar age gaps to me & my partner. We met when I was 16 and he was 29 and now I am 19 and he is 32. I do think that we met when I was very young and it has been difficult at times because of the differences in life experience, but what started as a fun and exciting romance has turned into a loving and lasting relationship. I can tell that he deeply cares about me, and I love him too. We share some interests, live together well, and share dreams for the future. And when it comes down to it, what more can you really ask for in a relationship? Ultimately, age is just a number. 

However having just said that I do find it a bit creepy when age gaps are 20+ years - a whole generation is too much in my personal opinion but I would not judge a couple based on that.

There's a lot of reasons for age gap relationships. If they're for the right reasons (like love and happiness), then I think it's very sweet. But I've seen age gap relationships happen for all the wrong reasons, and those bother me. I've seen men in their 20s chase 13/14-year-old girls because they're so much more naive than girls his age and easier to get in bed (well, in theory). Things like that are kinda sick. If all relationships were based off of love and the desire for happiness, I wouldn't have a problem with them. But when it's about sex, money, or otherwise taking advantage of someone, that's when there's a problem. The bottom line is that to me, it depends on the situation.
This. Exactly.

Back in the early 90s I dated a woman who was 14 yrs older than me. We dated for 5 years. She was apprehensive in the beginning, but it worked out and it was fun for 5 years. Good times.

My husband and I are 18 yrs apart. My older kids just recently started asking questions about how that happened. I just feel bad that he may not get to see some of our future grandchildren. That part does worry me. He's been mistaken on more than one occasion as grandpa, when we are out with our younger girls. Poor, he felt so sad about that lol.

My boyfriend is much older than me I'm talking about a whole generation older than me. He's twenty seven years older then me and we find ourselves in love with each other more and more everyday. I would say if you are in the relationship for the right reasons then go for it.

I don't find anything to be wrong with it, unless the person is under age than I find something to be wrong. It's not up for me to judge people and I've never been the type of person to judge others. I've seen couples in love with each other and made it work and they were a eight year gap between the two. Everyone is different about their views on this, but some people get into relationships in general for the wrong reasons. As long as both partners are very happy with each other and in love with one another, I find nothing wrong with it at all. :)

Hi all, guys. I want to ask. What do you think about Dating sites. Is it possible to find love there or not? And still such question, whether it is possible to trust such reviews - https://hookupmasters.com/adult-dating-sites/flirtlocal-review/? On the one hand, everything is painted very competently, there is a lot of information about the site. But it seems to me that such reviews can be ordered by site owners themselves. Your thoughts?

Edited by Zelidod