The 'I want it and can't get it anywhere' Rant Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
lol.

Yes, that's right, I have a list of items I've always wanted to try, and I can't find them here in Oz. And I want to rant about it. It's frustrating that if I ever did want to get it, I couldn't try them out, I'd have to just shell out for a full sized product, since they aren't available in Aussie stores!

Maybe you girls will know where I might find them. Or maybe, you'd like to share your own 'want but can't get' list? here's mine!

• africa mango superbalm. Leony sent me this stuff from Japan and it is epic. I wore it every day until I hit 'pan' (if you can do that with a lip balm, lol) and now I use it sparingly since I looooove it so much. Shame I've never seen it anywhere! even online!
  • MUFE foundation. You can buy it online, but I want to test it first, i want to try it against my skin, I want to PLAY with it, and there are no stores that sell it in Oz to the best of my knowledge. I've followed up all online suggestions made in 2004ish (mostly the Vogue Australia website) and none of the places that are listed have it any more, or even exist
    frown.gif
  • Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask. It's super cheap and supposedly super awesome and I just want to tryyyyyy it! and you can't buy it here!
I'm pretty sure there are more things too, but I can't think of them right now.. I'm sure if they DID have these things here, they'd be completely overpriced!
So! list yours!

That link doesn't work for me (could just be my moody computer though) says -Opps this link is broken-

I've never heard of or seen any of those around here, Rosie!! I have the same problem!! I really want a new set of blacked out head lights and LED tail lights for my truck but I don't want to order them without seeing how they look in person.. And I haven't seen them around here either!! Ok its not makeup!! Lol.

The only thing I could never find but finally did was Maxfactor Pancake Foundation. Ugh, horrible stuff imo so I guess I really wasn't missing anything.

Ooh! Garnier Detoxifying Gel Cleanser, Awesome stuff. It cleaned all my makeup residue, helped to prevent breakouts, didn't dry my skin out and was 5 bucks. Now I can't find it anywhere! I hate ordering stuff online if I don't have to but I can't find it in any pharmacy or Walmarts anymore. So pissed.

I can help you out with some queen Helene Mask, let me know if ur interested
smile.gif

(its my HG, I have TONS of em)

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol.
Yes, that's right, I have a list of items I've always wanted to try, and I can't find them here in Oz. And I want to rant about it. It's frustrating that if I ever did want to get it, I couldn't try them out, I'd have to just shell out for a full sized product, since they aren't available in Aussie stores!

Maybe you girls will know where I might find them. Or maybe, you'd like to share your own 'want but can't get' list? here's mine!

• africa mango superbalm. Leony sent me this stuff from Japan and it is epic. I wore it every day until I hit 'pan' (if you can do that with a lip balm, lol) and now I use it sparingly since I looooove it so much. Shame I've never seen it anywhere! even online!
  • MUFE foundation. You can buy it online, but I want to test it first, i want to try it against my skin, I want to PLAY with it, and there are no stores that sell it in Oz to the best of my knowledge. I've followed up all online suggestions made in 2004ish (mostly the Vogue Australia website) and none of the places that are listed have it any more, or even exist
    frown.gif
  • Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask. It's super cheap and supposedly super awesome and I just want to tryyyyyy it! and you can't buy it here!
I'm pretty sure there are more things too, but I can't think of them right now.. I'm sure if they DID have these things here, they'd be completely overpriced!
So! list yours!

Did you look at queenhelene.com? I don't know if you can order from australia, but you can contact them to ask.
I tried looking for the other things. MUFE said something about accepting orders via fax or e-mail only (makeupforever.com) and the only superbalm I found was from Clinique.

Do you think Leony would do a CP of that super balm for you? I'd be happy to do a CP for the Queen Helene mask.

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey Rosie, you can buy the MUFE foundation from here Media Make Up, they're based in South Australia. Trust me, I searched high and low for a supplier in Australia, finally found this place and they're fabulous! mediamakeup.com is the link.

Sooo many things. A lot of them I could probably get over the internet but I'm not keen on doing that because I like to see it in person and test it out.

They don't really have a proper MAC counter where I live they just sell certain items and the prices are through the roof.

Can't get MUFE over here.

Mark: I know that it's a cheap american makeup brand and a lot of people say it's not that great but I'd really like to try it and I'm cheap LOL They don't sell it over here though.

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sooo many things. A lot of them I could probably get over the internet but I'm not keen on doing that because I like to see it in person and test it out.They don't really have a proper MAC counter where I live they just sell certain items and the prices are through the roof.

Can't get MUFE over here.

Mark: I know that it's a cheap american makeup brand and a lot of people say it's not that great but I'd really like to try it and I'm cheap LOL They don't sell it over here though.

Do you mean mark from Avon? Avon.com should have more on it. Avon is ok, but there are better products depending on what you want.

Other than british music, I can't think of too much...OH...I would love to try the Barry M dazzledusts. Badly!

I second the Barry M Dazzle Dust! Oh, those drive me nuts...the shipping is really high on them. They come in glass jars..

I have more but, just have to think of them.

Looks like you might be able to buy the Africa Mango Lip Balm here:

www.adambeauty.com

They do show a US price of $7.00, I'm sorry I know your in Australia, but maybe they will ship to you. Good Luck!

Also, if you would like a wonderful lip balm... I use Karite-Lips Shea Butter Vanilla Lip Balm. It is wonderful. I'm a lip balm addict and by far this is my favorite lip balm.

You can get it here:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=6570&at=0

Let me know if you would like a $5 off coupon on your first order. That's what I did and I got two for about $8.00 shipped.

nail polishes! NYX/sally hansen/essie/lippman/zoya/china glaze/carolyn/orly....

zoya and china glaze are relatively easy to find but the shipping can be immense.

NYX!!! Really wanna try the trios and lipsticks..I know I could just order online but the shipping is extortionate.

lol, you guys are all awesome.

I'm sorry that you can't access what you want either! we can all grumble about it together
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif That link doesn't work for me (could just be my moody computer though) says -Opps this link is broken- I fixed them honey
smile.gif

I can help out with some Barry M dazzle dusts - im prepared to sift some into sample jars to make it cheaper, let me know! I have a few colours so if your interested then I can tell you which colours x

Back