Super rave for egminerals cover me foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
glasses.gif
Where I live is hot and humid and where I've been on vacation was even hotter and humid than home. I am giving super rave reviews for EGMinerals' Cover Me foundation because not only does it not budge when perspiring but it stays perfect looking all through the day even with no touch ups.

inlove3.gif
I absolutely love this foundation for it's coverage - medium to heavy but so natural looking and totally not cakey. It also photographs beautifully and in bright sunlight I got constant complements on how beautiful my complexion was and how perfect my skin was (it is so not but that is how natural the makeup looks and how well it covers).

Also big loves are the blushes, eye shadows, and lip gloss squeezies!

Thanks for the review. I use their Youthful glow formula and it's wonderful. Maybe i should take a look at the Cover Me one too.

Definitely agree Ice Cookies. I'm hard to please especially after shelling out so much money over the years and getting repeat colors (eye shadows and blushes mostly). Foundations that suck. No complaints on finishing powders or lippies but with EGM I will say that I either like a lot or love everything I've bought from them. I keep going back for more so that says a lot too. Youthful Glow is beautiful and the Liquid Foundation is great but Cover Me is EXCELLENT.

Originally Posted by icecookies /img/forum/go_quote.gif Also big loves are the blushes, eye shadows, and lip gloss squeezies! I bought some of those EGMinerals lip gloss squeezies and they stink. Literally. The smell is so strong I can't even use them without getting a migraine.

I bought a bunch of samples but I didn't give it a real chance and I don't know why..

the blushes are terrific.. but the foundation.. maybe I need a nother match..

btw.. how are you dear icecookies???
smile.gif

I had good experience with EGM Cover Me foundation, too. Yesterday, with Fyrinnae Rice Powder Primer underneath my foundation lasted from 6am to 4pm on my oily skin, not that it melted at 4pm but I was done with my work and went wash my face right away. I'm sold. The finish is matte and natural, not as powdery as it look in jars. Totally recommend
smile.gif

Hi Simi!!! I'm great and doing greater
smile.gif
The blushes are excellent and I love both foundations too.

Can't agree with you more Vdhuyen about the foundation from Earthen Glow Minerals (EGMinerals). Also to love is their Oily skin primer. It works excellently.

I agree. Up to date, they are the one brand who's foundation actually stays on me for longer than a few hours. Their formula gives excellent coverage!

For comparison I wanted to say I've tried AL, Meow, Joppa, Lauress, and prob a few more that I can't think of. While I love all these brands for certain products such as AL for eyeshadow and their primer, the foundation for EGM is superior.

woww

i envy you gals..each time you tok abt eg minerals..i will go back and try it but somehow how it doesnt stick on my face..i mean aft a while it feels sticky..with the weather in singapore it doesnt stay that much. I have plenty of their samples...but somehow it doesnt suit me.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif wowwi envy you gals..each time you tok abt eg minerals..i will go back and try it but somehow how it doesnt stick on my face..i mean aft a while it feels sticky..with the weather in singapore it doesnt stay that much. I have plenty of their samples...but somehow it doesnt suit me.

Have you tried using a primer before hand? Such as maybe a rice powder primer?

I'm another one who loves EGMinerals foudations I started with the YOuthful Glow one and still love it. I am thinking that will be my summer foundation for daywear. But the Cover Me is forget about it gorgeous. It covers everything one swipe. No itch, change, powder look or anything. The best mineral foundation so much so that it shouldn't be thought of as your typical mineral foundation.

I am in love with this foundation too but need a new color. I've sampled several from the Youthful Glow line. They even sent me freebies several times until I found my match. I now want a heavier foundation that will hold up to warm weather. Should I ask more more samples or does anybody know the match in Cover Me to Youthful Glow Lauren? Thanks.

I've tried the Cover Me foundation for the past 2 days and it's not really working for me. Yesterday the color was too light, so today I used the next darker shade and it's a good match. I still look made up though. I'm using their primer and finisher, but I don't know. Could I be using too much? I apply it like I do other MMU, and it just doesn't look natural.

I do love their blush though - awesome! Any ideas? Thanks!

I absolutely love EG Minerals too. Yuan Yuan in the Cover Me formula is my best match right now. It does cover flawlessly and it melds into the skin perfectly. The finish is seamless. That's the reason why I bought several foundations as well as eyeshadows during their BOGO sale.

Originally Posted by cindyks625 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried the Cover Me foundation for the past 2 days and it's not really working for me. Yesterday the color was too light, so today I used the next darker shade and it's a good match. I still look made up though. I'm using their primer and finisher, but I don't know. Could I be using too much? I apply it like I do other MMU, and it just doesn't look natural. I do love their blush though - awesome! Any ideas? Thanks!

Cindy with the Cover Me the texture looks and blends smoothly but the coverage is strong or heavy so a light layer really is all that is needed. It blends in so easy for a heavy foundation which is what led me to use 2 and 3 layers. Mistake because it covers totally with only a light layer and will blend with your skin in a few minutes if not immediately. I would try using a little less. I agree with Periwinkle Sky that the finish is seamless. Unfortunately I missed the BOGO sale but they sent out a new sale alert for 25% Off. Also with this sale you have the chance to get 2 free eye shadows (love them) and a lip color of your choice (the new lip wands are raveables.

I will try using a single layer as I think I did like 2-3 because it does blend so easily. Thanks for the tip HollyC!

Originally Posted by paintednightsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried using a primer before hand? Such as maybe a rice powder primer? Oh yes I have tried but it breakouts on me. I have been using monistat...dun see much results though.

I love EGM too...I have to mix two shades from different colour families though, but it's pretty close. Once I get the ratios right, EGM will slap that baby with a new label and start selling it with the rest of their Cover Me shades. How's that for CS?

Latest posts

Back