UK Reality Star Jade Goody Dies Age 27

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
160x120_jade_goody_3.jpg

Jade Goody has died at the age of 27, it has been announced.

The reality TV star passed away in her sleep at her home in Essex this morning following a battle with cancer.

Speaking to reporters today, Goody's mother Jackiey Budden confirmed: "Jade died at 3.55am this morning. Family and friends would like privacy at last."

Goody was diagnosed with cervical cancer in August last year. In February, she was told that she could not be cured after the disease spread to her liver, bowel and groin.

The former Big Brother contestant waged a public battle against the illness, speaking regularly to the press about her treatment and symptoms. Though her decision was controversial, the publicity has led to a sharp increase in the number of women coming forward for cancer screening.

Her publicist Max Clifford told Sky News: "I think she's going to be remembered as a young girl who has, and who will, save an awful lot of lives."

Recent newspaper and magazine deals also allowed Goody to secure the future of her young sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four.

Clifford added: "She was a very, very brave girl. And she faced her death in the way she faced her whole life - full on, with a lot of courage."

Goody first rose to prominence by competing in the third series of Big Brother, which aired in 2002. She was also followed by cameras for her own reality shows and appeared on Celebrity Big Brother in 2007.

Source: Showbiz - News - Jade Goody dies, aged 27 - Digital Spy

Very sad news
frown.gif
I wouldn't call myself a fan of hers but it's tragic that two young boys will grow up without a mum.

27 is no age to die. And on mother's day too
frown.gif

It was a very weird thing having her being on camera like that. I wish her boys the best.

Oh boy I didnt realize it was mothers day over there.
frown.gif

I am sorry to hear that. It was remarkable how she lived her last days.

Tragic! She was so very young and with 2 young boys left behind?
frown.gif
So very sad.

Ironic she died on Mother's Day. It was heartwarming how she lived her final days.

I do feel sorry for her boys - what an awful mother's day for them.

It's sad that she died so young.

I've been sort of following this for the last few months, it is a very sad story. I feel for her boys and her husband.

Back