A good foundation primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always used Laura Mercier for my foundation primer, but since starting a new skin care regimen my face is VERY dry even after moisturizing. My foundation always like awful no matter what I try. What is a good foundation primer that will keep my foundation from sinking in to my super dry skin?

Welcome to MakeUpTalk!! I have been using PhotoFinish for some time but I've recently switched to Monostat's Chaffing Gel.. Works great and its only $7!! At you local drug store!

Australis Primer is dirt cheap and i found it really good. i have hyper-sensitive skin, so it stung a bit at first but after the first couple times i used it it was fine. i have clear skin anyway, but its normally veeeery dry. this stuff helped alot, i didn't get all flaky as i normally would with foundation. it also stayed on all day. definitely recommend it.

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Monistat Anti Chafing Gel. Me too, it works amazing and is super cheap!

I've been using Camellia Rose's V 2.0 Skin Smoothing Primer for the past month. They make it when you place the order, so you always get a fresh batch. It has camellia oil, and a couple of other good-for-you ingredients, so it's lightly moisturizing. Something I need living in the desert. You can get it here: Skin Smoothing Primer.

I use the Matte Gel matifying gel from Mac. It works great for my flaky combination skin
smile.gif

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Monistat Anti Chafing Gel. The Monistat Gel has the same ingredients as Smashbox for so much less! It's all the quality without all the expense!!!

Originally Posted by Jolanka /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Lise Watier "Pore Minimizing Primer" I've been wanting to try this!!! Waiting until my Smashbox finishes
smile.gif

I just got Smashbox Photo FInish Primer..Ive been wanting it for long time, but I guess I'll just use for the special occasions like for weddings, dinners etc.Hope it wont break me out? Touch wood...

Paula Dorf makes a primer for dry skin which works pretty well. I alternate between that and Smashbox. I had the Monistat gel, but gave it to my sister. I need to go get some more! It works well also.

Latest posts

Back