Hair is dry is there a way to moisturize it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My hair is dry as a bone. I use garnier leave in conditoner and seal with olive oil. I have relaxed hair and im on a black hair forum and thats what i was told to do. I see we have a licsenced hair stylist here so i wanted her opinion.

I asked this question on there and they said it will take time for my hair to become balanced again like a month but to keep deep conditoning and cowashing(using just conditoner instead of shampoo) only use shampoos once a week.

I would use salon brand stuff but the most i can afford is stuff from sallys bauty supply lol. Should i buy a salon brand conditoner if i get nothing else?

Any suggestions on how to get my hair back moisturized?

You asked me this question via PM about a month ago, and I supplied you with an answer then (im assuming you are talking about me)

i asked it here again bc i never got a reply
frown.gif
....i double checked my messages
frown.gif
.....i thought maybe you never got it ...or you were super busy so i just asked out in the open so you could answer if you had time and others could chime in too
smile.gif
...if you still have the pm would you please resend it bc i never got it
smile.gif

Im not trying to be ugly or annoying i send pms and sometimes i dont think they get sent or something. I asked on my other hair forum and what they suggested works only temporaily. They on the other hand are not professionals which is why i asked again this time in a thread
smile.gif

Sorry to be annoying im just tired of seeing broken hairs and no way to stop it. The stupid aphogee treatment worked for a lilbit but that was three weeks ago its suppose to last six and my hair is back to braking and feeling dry.

hair ego wrote a lovely thread that not only recomends products but also explains of you need moisture or protien in your hair i would suggest reading that, because it will help you pin point what your hair needs and she gives suggestions which other mut members have used and been super happy with

I actually was having the same problem. I started using Cream of Nature Detangling Conditioning Formula - Ultra Moisturizing Formula(that's the bottle with the green label) and CoN Repairing Conditioner. With my personal experience, I noticed a difference immediately. I use both weekly though I do tend to cowash more often now, probably every other day. My hair feels much better now and I can go longer between relaxer services (It's been about 3 months now)

Healthy Hair Guides by sistaslick

These guides have helped me so much! Hope it helps you, too.

My favorite is Jessicurl weekly deep treatment. What products are you currently using? Also how often do you clairfy your hair?

makennasdoll ive just started clarifying and i add baking soda to my shampoo bc its suppose to be a natural way of clarifying your hair(clarifying shampoos from the drug store are VERY drying LOL) but i use avons advanced techniques color protecting shampoo and conditoner bc i use a color rinse on my hair
smile.gif
. I use garnier fructis leave in conditoner,sun silk anti poof (in a blue bottle) i also use olive oil to seal in moisture after i use my leave in.

My method worked fine until i dried my hair out using my fhi flat iron on a really high temp(410) so i just need to make my hair balanced again. I went and got a jpak today and im gonna use it tonight
smile.gif

this is kind of late but i wanted to add. if you're using your flat iron a lot, be sure to use a heat protectant on your hair. you can get one under 5 on sale at the drugstore or at sally's. i used to have really dry dull hair.

this worked for me.

-use mild shampoo. bottle sometimes labeled gentle

-use lukewarm water to rinse hair (hot water dries hair )

-conditioner - be sure to leave in for 2 min. then rinse

-they have a color conditioner at drugstore that does wonders cost about 3-4 once a week treatment

-wash hair every other day or longer depending on how oily your hair is

Back