What's your fave lipstick make & colour?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

New to this site but woz just posting a question to see if anyone can tell me what they're fave lipstick make & colour is?

Mine is Revlon Colourstay Berry

L'oreal Colour Riche - Sea Fleur

300.jpg

i am not a big lipstick person (more of a lipgloss person)

but the one color i love is aveda sharaz (or however you spell it) it is a bright red, and actually what i am wearing in my icon picture

I hardly ever use lipsticks but the one that I absolutely have to have and love is L'oreal 809 Aishwarya's Beige, my perfect nude color that matches my lips but prettier lol.

I also really love Bobbi Brown's Sandwash lipstick too.

i hardly wear lipstick either! but i have a rimmel one that i love, i think the shade is birthday suit. it's like a caramel sort of colour. not a lip colour i'd usually go for but it weirdly really compliments my skin tone.

I'm test driving Revlon's new "Matte" lipsticks. I have 4 different shades and not sure I like them or not.

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love every lipstick by Guerlain. I only have one lipstick by them called Rose Ingenue and it's beautiful!
As for a favourite lipcolour, I am awful at choosing favourites. It'd be one of my everyday colours, not too bright, but I have quite a few of those. Rose Ingenue would be up there. Pink Organza by Lancôme is good, as it Bare slimshine from MAC. Tempt by No.7 is a good healthy looking colour. Cosmo by MAC is a slightly more intense everyday colour and their Brave lipstick is a good satin everyday colour, although I'd rather something with a bit more shine.

Also, this may not count but I like to use lipliners to fill in my lips if I want the colour to last and put a tiny bit of gloss on top to help counteract drying and at some shine. My favourites are Dervish by MAC (same colour as my lower lip pretty much but darker than my upper lip so it's amazing for defining that - I do it everyday), Peach Pearl by Gosh and the gorgeous Indian Pink by Rimmel.

I don't know, I hate to name any because there are lots and I'm forgetting most of them. These are just off the top of my head and not necessarily my favourites. In general though I tend to like neutrals/colours similar to my natural lipcolour or something that will give a healthy flush.

Originally Posted by igor /img/forum/go_quote.gif My fav at the moment is Revlon`s "naturally nude" lipstick!!! Ooh, do you have a pic?

my favourites are all probably mac.

It's really hard to find lipsticks that suit my skin, so mine would be:

03299983002.jpg

MAC see sheer

ec4c_1.JPG

MAC powersuit

there is a darker red mac colour that I also like, but I've currently forgotten the name
smile.gif

OK, so you'd got me thinking and I decided that I had to test all of my lipsticks and try and find out my favourites and why. It was hard and I spent almost an hour testing 45 different lipsticks. That wasn't all the ones I have but it was most of them. Notably absent was Swelter slimshine and Cutester lipstick since they weren't in with the others for whatever reason. So, here are some picks, with an explanation as to why I picked it as a fave or why I considered it a runner-up:

Milani Red Alert- First one to be picked out of the box and I can only say this: FIRE ENGINE RED!

MAC Skew- Just such a gorgeous colour and unusual.

Lancôme Red Lust- Color Fever Shine lipsticks are my all time favourite kind of lipstick. The most hydrating lipsticks I have ever tried in my life with buildable colour. This one is a beautiful shimmery true red. Not overpowering and easy to wear.

MAC Profusion- Amplified lipsticks are my second favourite choice. This is a stunning warm pink, girly and good for evenings as it's pretty intense on me.

The Body Shop Guava- This has immense staying power. I wore it on a special occasion a while back where I ate loads, drank loads and yet every time I went to the bathroom to touch it up it didn't need it.

Lancôme Rouge Rayonnant- The L'Absolu Rouge Lipsticks would be my third favourite lipstick and this is one amazing colour. I wore this on Christmas day and got tonnes of compliments. It's a shimmery red and the colour is just beautiful.

Guerlain Rose Ingenue- I've only tried this one but I do really like the formula. This is a perfect everyday colour. It's not bland though, it's really something.

MAC Big Bow- I fell in love with this when I saw it. The colour, the sheen! It's so so pretty and I urge everyone to go to their nearest MAC counter and at least try it if they can. It's fast become a favourite.

MAC Cosmo- I don't know what else to say about this other than it's just stunning and it is an Amplified. If I'm looking for a more striking daytime look this is the lipstick I will go for.

MAC Bare- I know this has a few fans and it's obvious why. It's just a beautiful, shiny everyday colour. Plus slimshines are pretty awesome and look great on.

Runners-up

Clinique Creamy Nude- Such a moisturising formula and great nude colour! I'd have liked to put this in with my top picks but it's more on the brown side and I just wasn't sure, so the top of this list will do.

Revlon Cinnamon Bronze- Just stunning. The sheen is interesting and stops the colour from being too overpowering. A dramatic evening colour. I quite like the Revlon formula but this is the only one I have tried so far.

MAC Eager- My god this is bright but it's just amazing. You can't blend into the background wearing this I can assure you. If a normal red lipstick just isn't eye-catching enough for you get this! I've never found any occasion where I could wear this but wearing it around the house is just so fun and you feel sexy. IN YOUR FACE!

PURE Silky Rose- If you are light skinned and don't know where to start colour-wise then get this kind of colour. I just think everyone should have something like this, if not this particular one.

No. 7 Chic- Just a good everyday colour.

MAC Tango- A mattene lipstick and although this isn't an everyday colour and not something I find many occasions to wear this formula quite simply has the most colour pay-off I have ever seen. And it's pretty creamy too. Very dramatic for me but it's just something else and I'd like to have a more wearable colour in this formula.

No. 7 Tempt- A sheer juicy lipcolour. A good go-to everyday lipstick. Shame I don't know where I've put mine. :S

Barry M 'Green'- Well, it looks a garish green in the tube but turns into a lovely, healthy pink colour on your lips. Not only that but it STAYS. Oh yes, you will see this on your lips the next day. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Elizabeth Arden Teaberry Shimmer- A lovely red colour with a neutral shimmer that helps make it wearable for daytime. Daytime with a kick?

Maybelline Delicate Pink- I am not loving the finish (satin and a bit drying) but it's such a unique colour and I really like it. Would probably look really good if you have blonde hair. Put a gloss over the top though.

MAC Funshine- The slimshines are really good and I used to wear this colour all the time but I'm going off brighter colours just now. It is beautiful though and maybe if summer reaches here I'll wear it more.

MAC Swelter- It's just so stunning but there's something not right about how it looks on me. It's a true red I believe but I'm not sure it looks right with my skintone. That sucks because it's one of those colours that makes me go WOW.

MAC Overrich- There's just something about how this looks on. I'm not sure what else to say but it gives a gorgeous sheen.

MAC Hue- Some days I love this and some days I feel it's too light. I'm not usually a fan of such light colours but the fact that I keep trying to love this tells me something.

MAC Pure Rose- This gives a lovely pink sheen and shimmer to your lips. Subtle but very pretty.

Rimmel Kasbah, Almond Macaroon, Burning Desire - I got these all for £1 each and for that price they are great! These are all definitely more dramatic evening colours but they are all lovely.

I went on a bit but I'm proud that I could whittle it down to even that many. It was fun to do though, even if my lips aren't thanking me! I'm sorry that I didn't include swatches or links to any but it's 1 in the morning and I need to head to bed. You can always Google for images.

Edit: I keep on editing this and adding to the list. Help! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have quite a few favorites from MAC:

Brew, Bubbles, Aloof, Fun Fun, Angel, Cream Cup, Lavender Whip, Creme D'nude, Blow Dry, Sweet Thing...

I'm forgetting a few... lol!

Right now, it's MAC Cyber with a Lancome gloss on top. This is such a versatile lipstick to me -- you can use a little for a nice plum or a lot for a more dramatic deep purple. LOVE IT.

I have 40 gajillion lipsticks too, so that's saying a lot. LOL

Back