Companies who I know are not resellers. Who make their own makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
tocktock.gif
Companies who I know are not resellers.
Who make their own foundations, Eye shadows, blushes and other makeup items. They don’t repackage.

Earthen Glow Minerals ( EGMinerals) – all makeup is original

Bare Faced Minerals – all makeup is original

Everyday Minerals – all makeup is original

Fyrinnae all makeup is original

Monave all makeup is original

Meow all makeup is original

The She Space eye shadows are original

Silk Naturals – makeup that I’ve used is original

Oceanmist – makeup that I’ve used is original

I know the list is longer it’s just that these names were mentioned in other discussions.

I decided to make this post for a few reasons

1) when I first began buying mineral makeup via smaller companies online I noticed that on some of the boards whether or not someone was a reseller was a major issue. I didn’t understand why that was so at the time but now I believe that I do.

a) I don’t want to buy something that I already have under the belief that it’s a new item. If I’m buying “ Desert Sun “ from company A and company B is a reseller of company A’s products and has a sale on “ Mojave Sun” made originally by company A …. Then I’m going to be disappointed when I get that product. It’s not that I wouldn’t shop with company B, I would. I simply want to know the if what they are selling is the same as something that I may have bought from the company that they resell for or from.

B) If I’m shopping with a company and believe that they may actually have unique products and the formulas are the same as another’s (the company that they resell for) that is disappointing. I would still shop with the reseller but I’d like to know where they are coming from. Should I anticipate something new or is it something from a company that I am familiar with.

2) A few companies have been under scrutiny as either being resellers or repackagers of pure micas from TKB or other online suppliers of micas. Some, I know have been unfairly lumped into the wrong category. If a formulator takes the time and energy to create an excellent product using their money, time, creativity, and energy then I feel that they should get credit for being original and not labeled unjustly as a reseller or repackager.

Companies who I know from experience create their own foundations are:

Lumiere – Foundations are original and so is practically everything now ( I thought that some of the original blushes and eye shadows were Monave’s but this may relate back earlier year’s when they were under another company name and everything may now be original)

Pure Luxe – I believe that the foundation is original and so are all of the blushes and many other products that I’ve bought from them. I have purchased straight micas from them in the form of eye shadows that are identical in everyway to Micas that I’ve bought from TKB.

A few years ago I researched quite a bit how to make your own mineral makeup and shared tips online. I’ve bought enough Mica to recognize repackaged mica. From both TKB and some of the online mineral makeup companies. I get very upset when I receive repackaged mica labeled as an eye shadow. Why? Because in many cases mica doesn’t adhere well without a base. It’s not a problem for many people but I can easily spot a repackaged mica and unfortunately have bought quite a few unwittingly

Companies who I like but who sell or have sold at least some eye shadows that are straight Micas

I like Mad Minerals, Taylormade Minerals, and Milan Minerals but I have gotten pure micas from them that were identical to TKB micas. Not a problem and I am not suggesting that they do not create their own products within their product line. Nor am I suggesting that they are not great businesses with great products. I have bought from them and would buy from them again. Milan makes great perfume dupes, Mad has a great bargain bin!

You go, girl! That's why I've started the thread of mineral companies making their colors.. I haven't had vast experience as I've only started shopping for few onlien shops. However, I only shop from Fyrinnae, Aromaleigh, EGM and esp. The she space eye shadows nowadays. I don't wanna go anywhere else. I'm really satisfied with what I have now.

One thing I know for sure: Pure luxe's bubble gum collection, Mad's rainbow collection are simply TKB's Pop! micas.

BTW, Aromaleigh is another one who makes their eyeshadows.

How about Joppa's minerals? I really love their minerals.Do you think they are resellers or make their own?I myself think that they make their own.

Originally Posted by saitoyf /img/forum/go_quote.gif How about Joppa's minerals? I really love their minerals.Do you think they are resellers or make their own?I myself think that they make their own. I am thinking most of Joppa's is their own too. Their skin care seems unique to anything I've seen elsewhere. Their Morning Dew foundation (which I love) also seems unique and I don't think anyone else has anything similar.
Suncat's website also says their makeup is all unique and made by the owner.

About UK companies, i've always assumed Lily Lolo's minerals were their own as well, at least for the face products. But i'm not 100% sure.

I'm glad IceCookies and Flowind made these threads. I know I've bought from a few of the repackagers and swore to myself this is straight mica. I was was peeved! I also know I've order foundation samples from a few resellers and couldn't tell the difference between them and Monave. That peeved me too.

From now on I'm going to be checking this thread and hope it keeps updated. I hate buying the same thing over and over and now find out why cause on another board some of the sales posted were by resellers. Some of them now I guess are making their own things but too late now. I wish resellers would make a note on their site that they resell "so and so's" makeup. That would help a lot.

To add to the list=

Joppa

Alima

Pure Ananda

and I haven't gotten my order yet but I believe Adorned With Grace

Glad to see this post! I for one have bought too many repeat micas and Monave repackaged minerals. I also agree on the fact that I'd buy from a reseller especially at a lower price but GeeWhiz identify the manufacturer.

Originally Posted by CDazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm glad IceCookies and Flowind made these threads. I know I've bought from a few of the repackagers and swore to myself this is straight mica. I was was peeved! I also know I've order foundation samples from a few resellers and couldn't tell the difference between them and Monave. That peeved me too.
From now on I'm going to be checking this thread and hope it keeps updated. I hate buying the same thing over and over and now find out why cause on another board some of the sales posted were by resellers. Some of them now I guess are making their own things but too late now. I wish resellers would make a note on their site that they resell "so and so's" makeup. That would help a lot.

Yes, I've bought some too, not to mention that they aren't the cheapest around. (I finally dumped the red one from MAD because I needed a jar) Somehow, I can't edit my threads as I've found out more about some companies. (Ex. Pure Luxe doesn't really make their colors - at least for their bubblegum collection) I don't wear foundation so I don't know about them.
frown.gif

I've found some mineral companies who are resellers:

1. Simply Naturals: Yeah, their Full sized jar is only $1.89 (how could people resist this?) But they are definately repackers, just look at their colors from TKB and you'll see. However, you could buy tablespoons from TKB and it would be cheaper than Simply Naturals.

2. Beauty From the Earth: The owner includes swatches. I am really fishy about this one.. Their color charts (aka swatches) don't seem to be too special to be their own. If this is a true mineral repacker, I have to say i'm deeply disappointed. If you go read the one of the staff's bio, she's from a hit ABC show called Extreme Makeover. (On the site, she's in charge of Communication/Spokeswoman) But then again, we have Napoleon Perdis who've repacked La Femme's dust and sold them for a whopping 20+ O_O (PS- look at some of their names, straight from TKB Pop! Micas!!!)

THE MOST OBVIOUS/COMMON KIND OF REPACKED MINERALS: TKB Pop! Micas

MAD = Rainbow Pearls

Simply Naturals = Lollipop Collection

Pure Luxe = Bubblegum Ballz

Beauty From the Earth = Same names as TKB ones - strawberry, tangerine, grape (lemon drop as lemon), green apple, blueberry, raspberry (Wow, I'm really shocked that the Spokeswoman claimed she's been on Oprah Winfrey's Show and who she works for would do something like this. They don't even bother changing the names)

Beauty From the Earth = Same names as TKB ones - strawberry, tangerine, grape (lemon drop as lemon), green apple, blueberry, raspberry (Wow, I'm really shocked that the Spokeswoman claimed she's been on Oprah Winfrey's Show and who she works for would do something like this. They don't even bother changing the names)

WOW

You can add Fusion of Color to the list, they make their own.

TDZ

Ooh that's a good one who you don't hear too much on this board (Fusion of Color) they make very beautiful dupes of BE and love them for years.

This is a good list to work from but I know that some that are resellers are missing and this does lead to confusion for me. There were a few companies that I bought from last year that 1 is no longer a reseller but was then of Lumiere- I didn't know and bought duplicates. The prices were great with her sale but I was unaware that I was repurchasing items already owned.

I would like to know who resells especially because I find that I've gotten better prices from the resellers so I'd definitely give them my business.

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif To add to the list=
Joppa

Alima

Pure Ananda

and I haven't gotten my order yet but I believe Adorned With Grace

I can confirm Adorned with Grace - the owner is a friend of mine and she makes it all herself.
smile.gif

Also all original makeup

Cory's

Dreamworld

Archetype

J.Lynne's

Mineral Boutique

Aubrey Nicole

Latest posts

Back