WAH! What happened to my HG foundation by Lumene??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, so I finally found my HG foundation, the Lumene Liquid Mineral Foundation. It is amazing and I am a HUGE critic of most foundations. I bought it at CVS, and then they stopped carrying it (they ended their contract with Lumene for the makeup part, but still have the skin care).

I have emailed the company about where else I can buy it but no reply. I heard rumors that Target would be carrying it but nothing yet, and I saw the skincare at ULTA, but no makeup.

Does anyone know where this can be purchased? I bought about 5 bottles when they were dirt cheap at CVS but I am getting nervous about running out eventually.

HELP!
lol.gif

You can buy it off their webpage here. Not sure where they're going next if it's to be sold in stores.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can buy it off their webpage here. Not sure where they're going next if it's to be sold in stores. I am not sure that you CAN order it from their webpage because if you go to their homepage, you will see that they do not have US dollar amounts and at the bottom of their homepage, it says "In US, shop at CVS" meaning, get our products at CVS.
Have you tried to order from them online before?

Yea you're right. It says they only deliver to EU countries. I did find this from their archives so I guess they'll be moving all their stuff to a new retailer

Quote:
Lumene to open new sales points in Sweden, Norway and the USA28.01.2009 11:45

The distribution of Lumene products sold by the Lindex and Ulta retail chains will expand to almost 500 new sales points

Cooperation between the cosmetics brand Lumene and Lindex, a leading Nordic fashion chain has begun in Sweden and Norway at the beginning of the year. The Lindex chain will include Lumene products in its range of cosmetics in 190 of its stores. Cooperation between Lumene and the Ulta cosmetics chain in the USA has also started. Lumene products were on sale in all of Ulta's 300 stores at the end of 2008.

Every cosmetics department in the Lindex chain now carries a wide range of Lumene skin care and colour cosmetics. In Sweden, there are a total of 139 such stores and 51 in Norway. Over the past years, the position of Lumene products sold in Sweden in particular, has strengthened considerably. Lumene skin care and colour cosmetics products are sold also in Ã…hlens and Kicks chains and are among the fastest growing product brands. The best selling Lumene products in Sweden are the Lumene Blueberry Curl mascaras and Lumene Vitamin C+ skin care range.

Cooperation between Lumene and Ulta cosmetics chain started quite recently. The chain has 300 stores throughout the United States. Ulta stores carry nearly 40 Lumene skin care products in their cosmetics selection. The Ulta chain offers beauty salon services in connection with its stores and its products include both expensive and moderately priced cosmetics. Ultra's distribution channels complement the current distribution of Lumene products by CVS (6,400 sales points) and the Target chain of stores (300 sales points). The best selling products in the United States are Lumene's Time Freeze eye creams and instant lift serum and Vitamin C+ day cream.

"The cooperation agreement signed with Lindex is a significant step forward for us in the Nordic market. The Lumene brand concept fits nicely into the creative world of Lindex. Besides, busy female customers appreciate the fact that they can buy both fashion and cosmetics from the same place", Riku Vilanti, Regional Director for Lumene in Scandinavia says

"Ulta is a high-class, user-oriented cosmetics chain and cooperation with Ulta offers a perfect addition in the United States for the sales and visibility of our skin care products. The chain also has some very interesting plans for expansion", Export Director Pekka Silvennoinen adds.

For further information please go to: Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts and Lindex

Source

Let me see if my shop have it. IF they do, I PM you tomorrow. Which shade is "yours" and in which formula normal, dry, ouly??

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Let me see if my shop have it. IF they do, I PM you tomorrow. Which shade is "yours" and in which formula normal, dry, ouly?? Oh, you are so nice! Right now, I am ok, as I have about 3 bottles (I bought what was left at CVS). But let me know if your store carries the mineral liquid in the Blue bottle (for normal to dry skin). I will double check my color and let you know.It will be nice to know that when I am close to running out, at least I can get it somewhere!
And maybe you can let me know how much it costs from there in US dollars?

Thanks!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yea you're right. It says they only deliver to EU countries. I did find this from their archives so I guess they'll be moving all their stuff to a new retailer

Source

That was great, thanks! The only thing I can't figure out from that article is if ULTA will eventually be getting the cosmetics part of the line! Did you get the impression that they were?
I am so in love with this product! I am so tough to please, too! This is the perfect blend of natural (but good) coverage for any type of skin. Goes on absolutely beautifully, esp. with my MAC duo fibre foundation brush! Sheer heaven!!!!

oh i hate it when i find something that works and then it's gone!

i had read great reviews about the lumene makeup line, but the cvs stores around

me never got the makeup. they only ever had the skin care stuff.

i dont know if you are an ebay'er, but lumene makeup is all over ebay,

good luck finding more of your HG!

There's nothing worse than finding "THE" product and then discovering that it's been discontinued... Good luck. I hope you find it somewhere!

Originally Posted by CassBH /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, you are so nice! Right now, I am ok, as I have about 3 bottles (I bought what was left at CVS). But let me know if your store carries the mineral liquid in the Blue bottle (for normal to dry skin). I will double check my color and let you know.It will be nice to know that when I am close to running out, at least I can get it somewhere!
And maybe you can let me know how much it costs from there in US dollars?

Thanks!!!!!!

!

Ok.
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok.
rockwoot.gif
thanks so much!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back