Need HG concealer for aging skin!!! Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, so I have tried a lot of concealers and am hoping you all can make some recommendations. I am 41, showing slight dryness/fine lines around the eye area and I need a concealer that will NOT accentuate those lines but will still do a decent job covering dark circles (though not horrible ones, no super duper heavy coverage needed!).

Can anyone come up with some ones that I should check out?

Thanks so much for your help!
smile.gif

I would recommend Laura Mercier's Undercover concealer. It has good coverage, the colour is good for neutralising dark circles and the formula is very hydrating. Apply with a small fluffy brush for best application (MAC 224 is actually really good for this) and set with a bit of powder.
smile.gif

I use DermaBlend's concealer but it sounds like too much coverage for you.. It hide everything and anything!

Originally Posted by GillT /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would recommend Laura Mercier's Undercover concealer. It has good coverage, the colour is good for neutralising dark circles and the formula is very hydrating. Apply with a small fluffy brush for best application (MAC 224 is actually really good for this) and set with a bit of powder.
smile.gif
Does this come in a pot? I think I have tried to before and it was too cakey. I do not need super duper heavy coverage (more to cover med circles). I would rather have a bit less coverage and NOT have fine lines show!!!!!

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use DermaBlend's concealer but it sounds like too much coverage for you.. It hide everything and anything! Yes, definitely, way too much coverage for me!

have you tried Maybelline's Age Rewind concealer/highlighter combo? That is supposed to be specifically for skin as you describe. I have tried the highlighter (love it) but haven't really used the concealer part yet.

i am partial to bobbi brown...and what i am not really wrinkly, my mom is and when she asks me to do her makeup i use this on her and it seems to work really well. the only thing is a little goes a LOOOOOONG way, and if you put to much on it will settle in. so if you do use this option start with a little cause you can always add more

bobbi brown concealer is creamy and wonderful. but i equally like revlon age defying cream concealer (the one in a little red pot, not the tube forumlas revlon has)

Originally Posted by nursie /img/forum/go_quote.gif but i equally like revlon age defying cream concealer (the one in a little red pot, not the tube forumlas revlon has) You can get this at major drugstores? I do not think I have tried this so maybe I will give it a shot, thanks!

Originally Posted by CassBH /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can get this at major drugstores? I do not think I have tried this so maybe I will give it a shot, thanks! definately! revlon is in every nook and cranny, i hope it works for you!

Originally Posted by CassBH /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does this come in a pot? I think I have tried to before and it was too cakey. I do not need super duper heavy coverage (more to cover med circles). I would rather have a bit less coverage and NOT have fine lines show!!!!! I recommended a fluffy brush for exactly that reason, since you will use less and still get decent coverage, without it looking cakey. Whichever one you decide to get I think using a fluffy brush with it should help with any cakeiness. It really works well.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nursie /img/forum/go_quote.gif definately! revlon is in every nook and cranny, i hope it works for you! I have been to 2 CVS's and they do not have this concealer! I see the foundation, and some concealers with some cake-type foundation in the same pot, but not just the concealer. Not sure if they ran out or if they just don't carry it.

Latest posts

Back