Dont waste your money on...______ (2009)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have closed the older one, anyone can feel free to look over it for past reference but its time for a new one!

Name the products that you dont recommend our members (and lurkers
wink.gif
) use!
devilish.gif

Maxfactor e/s. No pigmentation whatsoever, overpriced for what it does, break easily, just bad. Believe me, their ads are using Mac.

I'm still going with Maybelline Great Lash. lol. Watery, smeary mess. It doesn't lengthen or add volume, either.

L'Oreal Voluminous! I only used it for about 2 weeks and it was already dried out.

Great Lash, I just tried it a few days ago and it does nothing but pull out many eyelashes. D:<

Bare Minerals. Yuck. Cakey & unnatural looking, orange, greasy looking, acne forming ingredients, no coverage, the company lies about its product, etc.

Jordana Eyeliner. Does not last at all.

jane Be Pure Mineral Loose Powder. Cakey, very orange, and the brush that it comes with to apply it with is very rough.

Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara. It promises 9x more volume...so not true. It´s really a semi-decent lenghtening mascara that gives no volume whatsoever. Not worth it!

I don't really like the new Lash Stiletto.. is it by Maybelline? Maybe I should try to work with it more, but so far it's crap.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm still going with Maybelline Great Lash. lol. Watery, smeary mess. It doesn't lengthen or add volume, either. I second this! I hated it!

Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara - what a load of s**t - didn't curl, flaked off after an hour or so and broke loads of my eyelashes taking it off - I've never, ever had this happen with any other mascara.

id definitely say nyx mascara. even though its pretty cheap compared to others it just isnt worth it. the ones i got were practically solids. the brush wont get anything on it. i never even used it cus it was so bad. i just chucked it in the garbage bin

• Maybelline Great Lash - not great!
  • most MAC - overrated, hit & miss with pigment, quality of lots of their products has declined in the last few years!
  • most Chanel/Dior/YSL i've tried, they trade on their name! not the quality IMO esp YSL Touche Eclat! biggest pile of crap ever!!
  • Bare Escentuals - liked the look the foundation initially gave, but it didn't wear well and broke me out!
  • Clinique & Estee Lauder foundations - they just don't look like skin and I can tell when a customer has it on from a mile off!!

I guess mine would be philosophy never let them see you shine primer/mattifier. That stuff is just plain garbage. Another would be Chanel Mascara, the one with that weird brush. No matter what I do, it comes off clumpy. I quit this mascara and I am returning ASAP.

MAC X Mascara - it does nothing, no volume, no length, apart from adding a bit of colour to your lashes, it does jack all.

Maybelline Stiletto Mascara - spider lashes are just not in

Coastal Scents Contour and Highlighter palette (if your are medium tan and darker) so chalky, no pigment, cheap quality!

Elf liquid liner - burns your eyes! But I mean... it's only $1.

And I like that Maybelline Colossal Volume andddd L'oreal voluminous! I think though I have naturally thick lashes? So maybe that's why. I rarely find a mascara I hate. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe Mascara with Tinted Shimmer - huh? Tinted - I tried green. Very subtle, but I didn't want subtle. Shimmer - no shimmer and boring! Suppose to make your lashes bold - not even with three cotes! Total rip-off.

I know i wrote this in the last one, but it was right at the end of the thread and i REALLY want to warn people about this stuff...its dangerous. So here i go again...

Its not make-up but don't waste your money on that Pearl Drops veneer stuff you paint on your teeth like nail varnish to make them whiter...unless you never eat or drink ever again. I thought it was great at first- white nail varnish for your teeth, ace idea! But...

I didn't realise until after a glass of red wine on a night out, when my boyfriend looked at me horrified...'your teeth have gone purple!!?'. Yes, the wine had sunk into the veneer and made my teeth a lovely red wine purple colour. Took ages to get off also!!! I have experimented and candy floss makes your teeth go bright pink. lol. It should say on the packaging that your white teeth will go whatever colour your food/drink is!

Maybelline Colossal Mascara. The first couple of uses were good and I really liked it and then about a week into using it the thing in the tube that wipes the mascara off as you pull out the brush broke and I ended up with the stuff all over the brush and it was absolutely worthless after that. Happened to me twice (the first time I thought I was too rough with it or something...but alas...it wasn't my fault!).

Back