Too much makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok this girl is 16 yrs old she does yt vids i like her she does a really good job. I thought she was older cos not many rents allow their kids on yt b4 being 18. Anywho when she said her real age ppl started to say she wore too much make up. I personally dont think so esp since its done nicely. So what do people mean by this? I mean should a 16 yr old not wear colored eyeshadow until they get 18 LOL? I mean if they apply it right who cares? I also think that maybe some comments are coming from ppl who arent allowed to wear color ontheir eyes or are just starting to experiment with color.

What do people think is gonna happen by her wearing colorful makeup? Ive said b4 in my hs school the hoochies wore NO MAKEUP. I mean if an older man hits on her i would hope her parent would have taught her how to say no(i at least plan on talking to my daughter about how to reject men in general LOL) anyways what do you lovely makeup experts think?

YouTube - Answers Video- Beauty

I mean @16 I was totally playing with makeup by then. I grew up in a house where my mom owned two beauty parlors and my sister is on her way there too. Makeup and beauty has always been a part of my life. Makeup doesnt=fast sometimes some of us really do it for the art!

Her sister is Elle from Spell Cosmetics. I know she gets a lot goodies from them. I had no idea she was 16. She is really pretty. My 4yr old loves lipgloss.. She is starting early lol.

I was definitely into makeup by the time I was 16 but I hadn't gotten into eyeshadows yet, just because I didn't like them
frown.gif
(I know, blasphemy, right?) Also at age 16 I was tweezing my eyebrows straight across and wearing black eyeliner as lipliner. I say that to illustrate my point that 16 year olds don't always know what's right, nor do they make the best decisions.

That being said, now that I am 29 years old, my perspective when it comes to age-appropriate makeup has definitely changed. I don't do my makeup the same way I did when I have 19, and I don't expect to do my makeup the same way at 39 that I do now.

I don't think there is anything wrong with her makeup, she doesn't appear to be overdoing it in any way and her makeup certainly looks modest to me.

However, generally speaking, I do think 16 year olds should be more modest when it comes to makeup so they do not appear older and attract the wrong kind of attention. I mean, at 16, we really can't weigh the pros and cons of everything and we really don't have a good handle on what is good, and what is bad. Everything in due time. Lighter makeup is better when you're younger.

I pretty much only wore foundation/powder until I was 18. And that was because I didn't have good skin at the time. I started experimenting with colors when I was at university.

She's really pretty. Her makeup is done well, so I wouldn't think anything about it. But she does look a lot older than 16.

I wore way too much make up when I was 16 lol I started wearing it when I was 14.

I don't think she's wearing too much, I wore way more then that at that age lol

I think she is adorable and if she can do it well then why not? As long as she knows how to take proper care of her skin and remembers to wash it off and not tug at her eyes to much then thats good. I rembember when I was 16 wearing one stripe of cheap blue shadow not a good look lol I would of loved to know how to do it well then

i started playing with make up when i was about 8 or 9. my mum didn't like me wearing it out of the house, understandably because i'm sure an 8 year old with purple e/s smeared all over her eyelids would look weird, but there's no reason a 16yo shouldn't wear it!!

i don't think make up comes with an age limit. obviously very small children wearing it might be seen as shortening their childhood but it's all part of growing up. i think anything subtle from the age of 12 or 13 is fine.

i also think rents need to talk to their daughter about how to reject men. I mean thats something they will have to do forever why not talk to them about it. I wish my mama had talked to me but i must say i have it down pat LOL. I was known in my college town as the black chick that would shoot cha the ice if you came at her wrong LOL. So as far as attracting the wrong kind of attention teaching her how to say no and WHY she should say no should take care of that.

Esp now with the news and talk shows most girls know a male over 18 should not be hitting on them and that there is something wrong with them for hitting on a 16 yr old as in why cant they get someone their own age. Again talk talk talk ok off my soap box.

I think elles sis is adorable and i like her lil better than elle(sorry elle youre still a sweetie pie lol) she just seems ....less serious more fun LOL. IDK elle is great shes just is very teacher ish.....her sis seems like just a friend telling you how to get the look ya know...i hope i dont sound like im being mean cos im not trying to be lol.

Steups... Ppl spend way too much time on other ppl's business, yes... That's something and all to talk about? A 16 yo wearing "too much makeup?" Pfft..

lol@reese i wasnt talking about it in a mean way i was just seeing if i was the only one who didnt get why ppl said she wore too much makeup for her age. I in fact think people older than her would do well to follow her example LOL.

Originally Posted by TwinkletOes26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol@reese i wasnt talking about it in a mean way i was just seeing if i was the only one who didnt get why ppl said she wore too much makeup for her age. I in fact think people older than her would do well to follow her example LOL. Oh no babe, I wasn't talking about you. I went to the link you'd posted and saw the comments on there. That's when I decided that ppl have nothing better to do. I'm a live and let live type hence my comment.

lol i thought you thought i was being mean LOL... I cant believe what some said that she wore too much makeup i confonted one of the commentors and they totally back the heck off LOL

It's funny people say that.

When I was 16 my mom practically threw makeup at me and said, "It's time you learn how to use this."

albeit, I was a super tomboy. But I knew most girls in my grade wore makeup in middle school. I was one of the latest.

Fact is girls are growing up quicker and quicker with each generation. I don't remember txting my friends til high school and now chicks have had at least 3 cell phones but 7th grade. I don't think this girl looks bad in anyway. Ppl just don't know how to mind their own business.

Ha ha, I was a tomboy too... But I always liked makeup. When I was 16 Janet Jackson was my idol, so I had the rimmed black eyes and 3-D lips thing going on... Pffft... I dare anybody to talk about my makeup. My mom bought me kajal pots and lipstick. So it was never a big deal for me.

And Adrienne's right. My little cousin is 7 and has a cell phone. Why? Because he and his friends need to make plans, and just in case my uncle forgets to pick him up or he can't find somebody in the mall. So children are doing things like that alot earlier. This is what is popular in our culture now.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ha ha, I was a tomboy too... But I always liked makeup. When I was 16 Janet Jackson was my idol, so I had the rimmed black eyes and 3-D lips thing going on... Pffft... I dare anybody to talk about my makeup. My mom bought me kajal pots and lipstick. So it was never a big deal for me.
And Adrienne's right. My little cousin is 7 and has a cell phone. Why? Because he and his friends need to make plans, and just in case my uncle forgets to pick him up or he can't find somebody in the mall. So children are doing things like that alot earlier. This is what is popular in our culture now.

heck, if it keeps him safe i don't see any problems!

I don't think she's wearing too much, and it's nicely done.

I'm 17 and I see girls going to college and the look like the Joker's Orange cousin.

I think as long as it's done nicely then why not.

Wow, I had no idea she was 16
smile.gif
I thought she was around 22 but to be honest I'm sure she looks older minus the make up as well.

I don't think it's wrong for 16 year olds to wear make up, I didn't get into make up until college (17/18) because my mum has never worn make up and hated it on 'children' so I wasn't allowed it anyway.

Since then, I've become so hooked on it and bought her so much she wears it too LOL
smile.gif

Her makeup is okay BUT I would tone it down a bit because of her age.Although in beauty school you are allowed to enter at the age of 16 so her wearing that makeup isnt a problem but she shouldd just tone it down a little bit because she does look much older but then again she may look older without the makeup.AH what the hay...leave the chickie alone she is beautiful.

hahaha all that typing for nothing but she is a pretty girl.

Back