my hair has been tortured!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey gang!

so my hair has been through helllll the past few months. i dyed it black (permanently) and i got sick of having to maintain the color, so i went to the salon to get it back to my natural color, or close to it. well my hair was stripped (bleached) and dyed, and it was a really gorgeous auburn color but it wasn't close to my natural hair color so i went back and got it dyed darker. ANYWAY. my hair is a lot drier, less shiny, and frizzy
frown.gif
i want to save it so does anyone have any tips as to how to get my pretty hair back?

You don't wash daily do you? I'm assuming you should use those deep conditioners and probably wash your hair every other day or every 2 days.

i do wash my hair daily, but my hair is so oily that if i skip a day, it's a greasy mess. i guess i'll just deep condition it every day till it gets back to normal.

you should start skipping days when you shampoo, cornstarch can get rid of the greaseyness in between, and over time your hair will adapt to you not washing it as much and produce less oil. a lot of people with oily hair dont realize that by washing it everyday you strip all the oils out of your hair and end up with hair that is even more oily.

Back