I never knew the concept of an interview....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So,Now I know that I need to ask questions.I am thinking of questions to ask Prescriptives cosmetics right now.Based on your past experience with a cosmetics counter or any job for that matter.When did you feel was the right time to ask questions or how do you just ask questions while they're talking?Do they want you to interrupt?What kind of questions would you ask a cosmetics company?So I got a notepad open....thinking of questions to ask.

So I am embarrassed that this one thing that I didn't know.They have set up two interviews with me,One with the department store and another one with the counter executive.Can this be good?
kopfkratz.gif

Like with any job interview, I would just do some research to find out what the company is about and who, in general, they try to market to. If you show up prepared knowledgeable about them, then it shows you are taking the job seriously.

I would not interrupt them. Typically, after discussing a topic, most interviews will actually ask if you have any questions and if not, most pause for a second to allow any input/questions from you.

Yeah!! I agree with Adrienne... Good to be prepared and don't interrupt... And more than one interview with different peiple is not uncommon.. We just hired a new geologist and he must have interviewed with 5 seperate people in 3 departments..

Oh okay cause I never had an interview with more than one person unless it was an open house thing.

Questions I was thinking of asking...

Are there sales goals?And when do they usually need to be met?

Is there any type of training with this position?

Who do I report to at the end of the day?

In the faq section I read about Prescriptives Analyst doing Bridal Makeup?How does that go about when

counter workers are asked about doing their wedding and arrange a time?

What happens if a customer comes to the counter and asks for a discontinued product?

Are these good questions?

Yeah! Sound real good to me..

Maybe ask if there any new product lines coming out or how often do they have special events or sales? Or Do you get new products or samples to try out ahead of time?

Basically just show your really interested in the products they sell...

Thank you for your responses too.

Should just have the questions at the top of my head or have the questions in my lap or is that a bad thing too?

Oh and what if I was given a test on the spot?with a customer?Do you think they'd do that to me?because she said she was gonna be at the counter for the second interview.

In your head if you can remember them all other wise have them on the second page of your notepad so you can refer to them if you need... And take a few notes on the first page.... My memory stinks so I write everything down! lol

haha.Would it be unprofessional to bring a notepad to the interview?I dont wanna make a bad impression.

If I am nervous I tend to forget my questions.

I have a leather bound Calvin Klin note pad I take everywhere with me and it comes accrosss as being very professional.. Imho.

LMAO AW haha .I have a little black note pad.It may not be Calvin Klein but it might do as well.Also,Do you they may test me on the spot with a customer?

Latest posts

Back