So who is a little obsessed with Twilight??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm nearly done with the first book, and i love love love the film as well!!

who else loves it?? xxx

Meee! Although I have to admit that I like the books better than the film.

We have a MUT group for people who like twilight if you wanna check it out
smile.gif

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/gro...hters-mut.html

I haven´t read the books. I liked the movie, but IMO they should have had someone else play Bella. She made this weird face pretty much the entire movie, she looked constipated and confused at the same time (to me). That kinda ruined it for me cause otherwise it´s a good movie

i haven't read it, but I'm getting the impression it is one of those rite of passage books. true?

Ok I saw the movie for the first time last night and the vibe was weird and not like a good weird with that Bella chick. I dunno, maybe I need to read the book for understanding or something

I'm actually trying to stay away from both the books and the movies. It seems like one of those things that 15 year old girls who want to seem like they're "alternative" and 40-something housewives to read when they're bored after cleaning the kitchen.

I'll just stick with Neil Gaiman.
smile.gif

I consider the books more of a guilty pleasure lol. I love them, don't get me wrong, but after rereading them I feel like they have no real substance and ride on emotions more than anything. And the movie was okay imo. I didn't like how most of them acted either but oh well. I still watch it bc I enjoyed the books.

lol! I enjoyed the books and the movie, but I agree that someone different should have played bella... I kind of always imagined a cross between alexis bledel and kirsten stewart.

It annoyed me also that the special effects were so crap, and the story had been altered so much. There was nothing wrong with the book, so why not follow it?

I loved the Twilight series! I was pretty cynical about it, because so many people were going nuts over the books, but within the first chapter of the first book I was hooked. I read all four books within one week (with very little sleep that week!).

I haven't read the books or seen the movie but my sister has read all of the books and keeps talking about how good they were and how I should read them so I think I'm going to start that pretty soon.
smile.gif

I haven't read the books, but I just rented the movie yesterday. Sparkly vampires that play baseball? Umm...ok. lol. I half expected them to burst into "Thriller" during the prom scene. lol.

Honestly, it just reminds me of all the craziness that used to surround Harry Potter. I never really got into that either. Almost everyone that I know is into it, though...

I liked the movie, but I don't see the obsession with it.

I'm sure the books are great, and I have them.. it's just that lately I haven't had time to read them.

The person who played Bella was kinda plain, but I have to say I am in love with Bob Pattinson.
inlove.gif

I see what you mean Shaundra, i really don't like that Twilight this, Twilight that fashion, with all those more or less ridiculous accessories. I read the books, i found them enjoyable and i like vampire stories but that's it.

I admit i was disappointed with the actress playing Bella, i was just portraying someone different. But i thought it was because i read the book first. I don't understand why people feel the need to change a book when making it into a movie, it doesn't seem logical.

I am not obsessed but the books did a spell on me and I was hooked. I enjoyed reading all the books, they really captured me and brought me to another world I wish I was in
wink.gif

The movie for me was just an extra bonus. And I liked the movie though the books are way better of course.

A question for all the book readers here:

What was your favorite part if you have to choose one book...?

For me it was Twilight part one.

I love the books and I'm onto Eclipse at the minute, but I seriously hated the movie. It just looked really cheap and horrible, and i hated the people they picked to play the characters. They also cut out loads of stuff from the book and added bits in that weren't in the book.

I'm sorry...but I refuse to be dragged into the twilight hype!! maybe I'm scared that once I get sucked in I may never come back out! for now...i am gonna stay away from the dvd and books....

i have too say that i started to read the books and the books are better then the movie now that being said i finish eclipse im debating on reading breaking dawn we will see thougth and i also think that someone else should have play bella and in eclipse bellas personality really sucks the worse poor jacob i have to say he is the one who took the most crap from bella im not obsses but i had to say that i love it .

At first I wasnt that interested and then i watched twillight out of boredom really. I actually liked the movied quite a bit, I loved the passion between Bella and Edward. After seeing the movie i got the book to get more details. I wound of reading all four books within that week.I prefered Kristin stewart playing Bella, i thought she and Rob were made for the parts. i did think Bella seemed like a negative i dont like anything kind of person in the book,and she seemed nicer in the movie. I cant wait to see how the are going to pull off a breaking dawn movie,if it goes that far, it should be interesting.

I haven't read the books,or seen the movie. No offence to any fans,"real vampires do not sparkle." I like real vampires like lestat!!!

"..and Buffy staked edward. ..the end."

Back