Acne on my back....ahhhhh!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what to do about acne on my back. At times it is so clear and then I break out for some reason. I can't stand it. I haven't tried anything for acne on your body because I don't know what works. PLEASE HELP
icon_sad.gif

PMS and hair conditioner give me acne on my shoulders. Nothing I can do about the PMS but I always wash my back/shoulders after I've rinsed the conditioner out.

Originally Posted by Cirean PMS and hair conditioner give me acne on my shoulders. Nothing I can do about the PMS but I always wash my back/shoulders after I've rinsed the conditioner out. I agree with cirean, I wash my back after I've rinsed off my conditioner as well! A few times a week I also use exfoliation mits and gently exfoliate the upper back and shoulders to get rid of surface bacteria as well.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) sometimes I get them, but I think its the MASSIVE testosterone rolling thru my veins LOL yes that must be it!

Hi! I know that Clinique makes a medicated body spray for Acne. Benefit also makes an amazing salicylic acid scrub called Bionic Blast. I think either of them are worth trying out. Body Breakouts are sooo frustrating!

proactiv makes a body wash, but i've never tried it.

you might want to get one of those exfoliating towel things. you can get them at target or something. that way you can scrub your back better.

Thank you all very much. And Tony, yes it must be that MASSIVE testosterone running through your veins hahaha! (That was cute.)

I always wash my face and body before I wash my hair so I am definately going to make sure I scrub my back after I condition.

Thank you,:icon_love

Hi alyt6, if you could ask someone to help give you a few treatments on your back. I use Australian Bodycare products to wash and exfolaite and then apply a medicated face mask or AB body lotion which is medicated becuase of the t trea oil. Sometimes giving your back some tender loving care and a few treatments can help.ABC are brill for acne.

I have 2 suggestions that might help:

1. Get a microfiber towel instead of a wash cloth. The microfiber towels are great for properly exfoliating your body. This will really deep cleanse your skin and remove dead skin cells.

2. Use a body wash with salicylic acid.

and/or

use a glycolic acid with salicylic acid toner on your back or on acne prone areas..around 8 or 10% glycolic acid. This will help clear pores beneath and on the skins surface.

A long time ago I bought Benefit's Bionic Blast (a medicated scrub) to wash my back and chest after I had a kickboxing and yoga class. I like it a lot actually, even though it's pricey. But a little goes a long way. I would also reccomend, as you probably know this, washing your back **after** you shampoo and condition. One last thing, I strongly reccomend a bha from Paula's Choice. YOu can choose from 1%-2% and also from a gel, lotion, to liquid. For your back I would think it could tolerate the 2% liquid. I really think this would help because it would exfoliate and penetate. HOpe I helped. The link to paula's choice is www.cosmeticcop.com

When choosing shampoo, you need to avoid lanolin and look for silicone (any substance in the in suffix "one"). Silocone does not clog pores.

I don't know if u have this in the states but its called St. Luke's Prickly Heat Powder. It a very cooling powder that when u apply on your body, u can feel this very cooling sensation. I use it when I have back acne. Juz powder after shower. When used daily, u should see an improvement in a couple of weeks. Ingredients are: Boric acig, menthol, calamine, purfume compound & talcum.

i had a horrible back break out after thyroid surgery i think the reason why was because to cover the scar i found i had to wear a tank top type shirt , under my regular shirts (only thing that went up high enough to cover it) it was hot and i think my back could not breathe and with all the sweating cause of the heat. anyway it was horrible.

i bought this stuff called capsiderm, it is a wash and it is all natural, it not only kept me form getting anymore cyst type acne on face it has cured all my back acne and even the smaller acne on face is getting lots better.

just google capsiderm and you should find it, they make sinus spray too,

i think they will send you a free sample too if you ask.

ts

Well I took everyones advise and I started washing my back after I conditioned. I started to use body shops tea tree foaming cleanser on my back and I now have no more acne on my back. Thank you all very much!!

Originally Posted by essentialskin I have 2 suggestions that might help:
1. Get a microfiber towel instead of a wash cloth. The microfiber towels are great for properly exfoliating your body. This will really deep cleanse your skin and remove dead skin cells.

2. Use a body wash with salicylic acid.

and/or

use a glycolic acid with salicylic acid toner on your back or on acne prone areas..around 8 or 10% glycolic acid. This will help clear pores beneath and on the skins surface.

I just wanted to add in that I started using 10% glycolic toner on my back about 2 months ago. I put it on a cotton ball and apply it all over my upper back every morning after bathing-- my back is totally clear now!! I didn't know you could use it on your body and I tried it to experiement and it actually worked! I recommend trying it
smile.gif

Quite honestly I use Neutrogena's acne body wash and it works perfect! After Accutane, I occasionally would get TEENY little bumps on my chest or shoulders and this stuff knocks it right out of my system...

Also make sure to always wash your body AFTER you shampoo and condition your hair... I make sure to scrub extra hard at the back of my neck and shoulders to get that stubborn conditioner off!

Ugh- i have no idea why this is happening lately. For the past month or so I've been getting REALLY BAD breakouts on my chest. I havent changed soaps or routines for anything so I don't know what it could be. I have been under some stress lately but I dont know if that could be the cause. What can I use to get rid of this? The same stuff I use to control breakouts on my face or is the skin on the body different?

Help!!

I used to have a HUGE problem with chest breakouts in highschool! I've always wondered what causes them, as well. It only happens to me once in a blue moon now though.

Sorry I'm not much help!
hehe.gif

Back