Mac Soft Ochre Paint Pot vs Bare Canvas Paint

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all -

It's been a looooong time since I've posted
smile.gif

I'm doing my sister in law's wedding makeup this weekend and need to hit the Mac store this week. I am torn between Bare Canvas or the Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. I haven't tried the PPs yet.

Which do you guys prefer?

TIA!

I looove Bare Study...I recently lost it but I recently found a good dupe of it ... But Soft Ochre is also a good base. Soft Ochre is really a matte base but bare study has a little bit of a shimmer to it. I personally prefer Bare Study... I just think Soft Ochre is a little too dry...

I would rather recommend Soft Ochre for a base for wedding makeup. Sometimes with makeup that is photographed a lot, and has a lot of light/high flash, things can get a little TOO sparkly with a shimmery base color and shimmery eyeshadow on top of it.

Most weddings I will use Painterly or Soft Ochre Paint Pots on the eye as a shadow base, then apply my shadows. The matte base definitely grabs the color, and your shimmers will still be shiny, just not overly so that she looks like a glitterball in the pictures.

What she said. Depending on the look I'm going for, I find myself reaching for Soft Ochre more often than Bare Study.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would rather recommend Soft Ochre for a base for wedding makeup. Sometimes with makeup that is photographed a lot, and has a lot of light/high flash, things can get a little TOO sparkly with a shimmery base color and shimmery eyeshadow on top of it.
Most weddings I will use Painterly or Soft Ochre Paint Pots on the eye as a shadow base, then apply my shadows. The matte base definitely grabs the color, and your shimmers will still be shiny, just not overly so that she looks like a glitterball in the pictures.

I do agree though...Especially because many brides like to shy away from looking to shimmery and I do think a matte way is the way to go because it'll look fresher!

Soft ochre is my favorite pp and i enjoy the smoothness that it provides from tweezing bumps. It seems very natural with no eyeshadow when I am in a hurry, too.

Isn't it "Bare Canvas"? Can anyone swatch that MAC paint, Im thinking about buying it but I can't decide between "stilfe" or "bare canvas". I have a small sample of stifle and would like something a little lighter but still just as shimmery...

Back