Mega Rave for Everyday Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my Everyday Minerals sample kit and I'm so happy. I have found a perfect match for my skintone. I have been using Bare Escentuals but kept going back to my liquid foundation as it just was not the right colour for me and I thought it made my skin look dry.

Now I know why everyone is raving about mineral makeup. Everyday Minerals makes my skin look great and it lasts all day without me feeling like a have a mask on my face.. I can apply it wet or dry... I love it !!!
rockwoot.gif

Yeah, I've just ordered a sample kit. I had a foundation sample but I'm not 100% convinced it's the right shade, plus I got the original formula but would like to try the intensive. I'm looking forward to receiving it. It's a great deal even ordering outwith the US.
smile.gif

Good for you !

I must say i have mixed feelings, so far. I like the mint concealer, i like the light pink blush, it's a great highlight for my cheeks with a natural finish.

However, i had to order a second sample kit, the three foundations i got were too pink, too dark or too beige.

GillT you should definitely try the intensive version, that's what i ordered and just with the test swipe i could see it was a great coverage.

Yeah, the three foundations I ordered this time are in the intensive formula. I got Golden Fair (although the original glo version of it is a bit too yellow for me so I may mix it with another), Sandy Fair and Fair Neutral. Hopefully one or a mix will work for me. I wish I could have got Ivory as well. The Original Glo foundation I have is too much on the sparkly side.
smile.gif

GillT I emailed my photo to the EM customer service team and they recommended the shades for my sample kit. If you dont find a good match then you can do that ... Good Luck
smile.gif

Everyday Minerals is my favorite. It's very high quality and unbelievably cheap when bought in the Super Kit. And you can't beat the free sample kits either. I still throw one in with every order.

I prefer the Matte foundation formula. It has such a nice finish on me. Not too sparkly, but not totally flat either.

A lot of people mix formulas, mainly Matte/Intensive or O-Glo/Intensive. Some people even like to mix their favorite formula with the Natural Reflections powder for a nice satin finish.

Oh, and the brushes are fabulous!!

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif GillT I emailed my photo to the EM customer service team and they recommended the shades for my sample kit. If you dont find a good match then you can do that ... Good Luck
smile.gif
That's a good idea, I never thought of that. It would certainly be good if someone had no idea where to start. That's very nice of them to do that.
smile.gif

Yay ! I found my shade with the second sample kit ! Well, almost, i'm hesitating between Fair and Sandy fair. Funny how my skin is "light" but i always seem to match "fair" foundations.

I heart Everyday Minerals too! This is the second brand of mineral makeup that I have tried and I just fall in love with it in no time
lovelovee.gif
It is the best mineral makeup for me so far

I ordered their full custom kit last week. Should be here in next few days

In meantime I have been using the samples and not touched my liquid foundation. Im a convert to MMU
smile.gif

I have ordered from this company for many years. First allure was the low price and the kits both free sample and full size. Now that I have tried other mineral companies the quality of EDM is not comparable. The new brushes are very good but I spent a small fortune on the lifetime white brushes that were a disaster.

I just read on EM's forum a while back that they are redoing some things again - changing kits (the $50 kit that was such a good deal is no longer going to be available), changing the website and forum (again) -

I like EM's philosophy and yes they're cheap, but I can't keep up with all the changes and updates and discontinuing of products. It seems like one minute something is the "latest and greatest" there and then the next minute they are changing it. I remember when their current website design took forever to appear and the click and drag kits which were supposedly so cool. I just read one of the forum admin people post that they are getting rid of the click and drag kits which are just a "drag".

Seems they can't ever leave well enough alone. I don't know why, but I find it annoying.

I agree, the frequent changes is really frustrating me also.

This is the final time I am ordering from them I ordered myself a lifetime supply of their abbot's concealer which is my HG concealer

hi i have bought the EM sometime back and just recently i tried it on me n was amazed as how it looked on me. I got the intensive and glo forumlae...just that it becomes oily aft a while. I realised that aft washing my face, it still looks glowly. I ordered from them the matte ones and see how it goes. It has got good coverage and still looks natural.

yeahhhhh

Originally Posted by kikaypixels /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree, the frequent changes is really frustrating me also. This is the final time I am ordering from them I ordered myself a lifetime supply of their abbot's concealer which is my HG concealer

probably a good idea on the lifetime supply, as next time you check the website it may be discontinued.
frown.gif

They've had problems in the past with inconsistency on shades too, a lot.

I received my full custom kit from EDM and I'm very pleased with it. I got:

3 foundations

Lavender colour corrector ( Not so sure about this one )

Natural Reflections finishing Powder

Kaolin Powder in Sunlight

Champagne blush ( This is an iridescent highlighting blush and just gives a gorgeous glow to my face. Its a perfect highlighter for the eyes too )

All smiles blush

Siesta Lip colour

2 Flat Top Brushes and Puff Jar - ( I love these brushes. My makeup goes on much better )

I would say that their products are good but not great though. ED products certainly worth every penny.

Back